VTech Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at VTech Communications

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VTech Communications (Portland, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

Applications/resumes submitted through the company's website. First step is a phone screen, followed by meeting the hiring manager. After that is supposed to be meeting the group VP and the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• In a roughly 60 minute meeting, I was asked only two questions, both of which were easy, clarifying general info about my background. The interviewer did 95% of the talking, and the few times I had an opportunity to address issues (because I seized the chance), I was never asked to elaborate. The interviewer took no notes.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VTech Communications (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Well defined process. HR screening interview. Two separate interviews with management team. Final interview with top brass. Interview process was a little long, but they are very accomadating and will let you know where you stand.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to thoroughly explain what you can bring to the table.   Answer Question

Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VTech Communications (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Open and candid. The questions were to the point and the folks were absolute professionals.Most of the in person interview took place in a local New Jersey diner. They respected that I was a seasoned professional in the consumer electronics and commercial data verticals.

Interview Questions

• The best question was the following: Tell us about a boss you didn't care for and why, and tell us about you really liked and why .   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VTech Communications (Seoul (South Korea)) in January 2012.

Interview

Most important thing is your portfolio, especially related to electronic products
    I had to do a presentation as soon as arrived the interviewing room.
    showed my portfolio and explain about my work & concept of my design
    After this presentation, they asked why I applied for this job, specially in hong kong.
    (like how long you want to stay in hong kong)
    and asked about my personal things like marriege and visa.
    They were very friendly and fun. smooth interview.

Interview Questions

• -questions about your previous work
      -why did you apply for this job?
      -willing to move to hong kong?
      -marriage plan?
      -have you used any vtech products?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the offer in two weeks and HR sent me an email witih salary and contract

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VTech Communications in March 2009.

Interview

I applied to their online job posting and got called for an interview. At the interview, I was mainly asked about the projects I had done and my experiences. I had a question on leadership and if I had a problem to carry on with my work with a non productive team mate. Mainly I was just asked to describe my most accomplished projects and go through the various stages of design, content, and how it was finally completed. What resources I used to accomplish my tasks? I was asked to describe a time at a previous work place where I had troubles and had to come up with a solution.

Mostly, I was in a great mood that day. I sounded very confident and I new my stuff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your previous work term where you had problems and had to come up with a solution.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate for anything. Just be in great mood, be your best self, be confident and really know your stuff.