Valley Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 25, 2017

2.9

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valley Medical Center (Renton, WA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call back in about 2 weeks. Had a quick phone interview and then came in for a face to face next day. Met both hiring managers and they laid out all the areas that they needed improvement on and if I was up to the challenge. Everything went great and I was then offered to take a pre employment paperwork to continue the process. I was told to take a drug test and expect to get a call back from the hiring manager. Weeks go by and no call back, no email no nothing. As if nothing ever happened. Kept checking online for a status but no answer. Called HR and was given the 'wait for the hiring manager to call you' answer. Which in terms mean 'sorry we moved on'. What they dont tell you is that you wont be hearing from them at all if you received the job or not. Literally *crickets*, that you'll be stringing along to bunch of maybe. But silence is the answer. But the lack of communication on there part was probably the most unprofessional process I'be been through. Needless to say, it was a big hassle for a short answer that I never received from them.

Intake Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valley Medical Center (Renton, WA).

Interview

I applied online and then received an email to schedule an interview. The interview was about 45 minutes and consisted of information about the position and questions about how my personal experience pertains to the job duties.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work experience and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

ER Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valley Medical Center.

Interview

They do a group interview and ask you some standard questions which they expect you to answer as short essays.
    They never informed me if I got the job or not. Their silence however is enough for me to know that I did not get an offer. To not informed the applicants if they got a job or not is highly unprofessional and disappointing.

Clinical Informatics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Valley Medical Center (Renton, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was set up via email through the Executive Assistant. The interview seemed disorganized - the panel had pages of questions they just picked out randomly. It was also quite informal bordering on unprofessional. There were lots of inside jokes, giggling, and talking amongst each other throughout the entire interview, which was very distracting. If their goal was to throw me for a loop, they were quite successful. The director was late. I was told they would follow up with me the following week, but they did not. I reached out to the Executive Assistant that had set up the interview, but never got a response from her either. I repeatedly checked the status of my application online and it took about 2 weeks for it to update and say what I already knew - "Sorry not selected for position." Zero professional courtesy.

Interview Questions

• If you could get rid of a state, which one would you get rid of?   Answer Question

Valley Medical Center Response

Nov 8, 2016 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. While we unfortunately can’t go back and change the experience you had, we will make every effort to improve the experience for future... More

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Valley Medical Center (Renton, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to set up a phone interview with a clinic that had a position open. I went into the clinic and met with the managers and they were very informative and helpful.

Interview Questions

• They asked what was my initial impression of the clinic.   Answer Question

Executive Director Admitting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valley Medical Center (Renton, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the ED admitting position online on their website. It took around about 2 weeks to call me and set up and interview. Set up an interview about 3 days later. Interview was quick. Admitting manager and the lead ed amitting was in the interview. They asked normal interview questions. Have to pass a typing and terminology test.

PSR Interview

Interview

Applied online and heard back within 2 weeks. Interviewed and was offered a position in 2 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valley Medical Center in March 2014.

Interview

It was brief and not stressful. Lasted approx 20-30 min. No intense respiratory related questions asked. After the interview, i believe it was a few days before I found out I got the job then a couple weeks until orientation started

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength and weakness? And how do you deal with your weakness   Answer Question

Admitting Registar Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valley Medical Center.

Interview

Did application online and was contacted via email the next day with questionnaire. Once I completed the questionnaire I was emailed later that day requesting an interview. About a week after HR department contacted me via email with an online assessment. This took about 30 minutes to complete. The next day I was contacted requesting my references.Two days later I was contacted with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What quality makes me most qualified for the position?   1 Answer

Medical Surgical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Valley Medical Center (Renton, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Took a basic pretest, interviewed with management. Asked some standard interview questions. Some people had group interviews. Overall not a super intimidating process. Was able to get questions answered and also got a tour of the department.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were in a difficult situation at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question