Valtech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.9

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valtech (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with client in Sunnyvale, CA. Phone screen and onsite. Overall was a good interview, nothing intense. Standard android related questions on glassdoor and online should help, I already had 4 years of android exp so was an easy interview

Interview Questions

• Describe how web services work, basic android questions like intents, views, content providers., services, data base, security, memory management. Version control, git related questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Valtech (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with 3 people at the Valtech office separately. Two long interviews and a shorter chat with a person of the same discipline. There was only one round of interviews, all in the same day. I heard from the recruiter shortly after.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Valtech (New York, NY).

Interview

Lengthy interview process, visited offices twice, and two telephone interviews. Inefficient process. Was hired twice, accepted then told position was on hold because lack of funding. They called back and extended offer again only to rescind 3 days before start date because of funding. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, standard questions where you describe past experiences, specific jobs, etc. Questions like, what's your best project, worst, and why. Should be prepared to use whiteboard to explain a process or model. For example, if you know business process modeling or web architecture, you should know how to draw it out.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valtech (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Recruiter provided next to no details on what to expect and kept switching interview dates. Interviews were unorganized and an offer was made within 24 hours with no explanation around benefits.

Unprofessional interview process.

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Valtech (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Tech focused interview. Met with the whole team in one session and got an offer that night. the place is growing and they are quick to hire when everything is lined up. The leadership is new and excited about the growth. they we literally knocking down a wall to the office next door for more space when i walked in. a very encouraging sign.

Interview Questions

• How many flights into and out of chicago ohare airport in a year   1 Answer

Negotiation

quick and easy

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Valtech in February 2012.

Interview

Telephonic two rounds of interview ((behavioral & technical)

java programming

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the conflict

Answer Question

Xamarin Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Valtech in June 2017.

Interview

Hr was very gud. Very much professionalsim ..but before going to interview i read the review what i read was completly reflecting as it is. As i feel the interviwer dont have any knowledge about xamarin and both interviewer was very unprofessional they dont know how to talk professionally.copying question from Google and asking.....very terrible experience.. dont even think to go to this company.👿😈

Interview Questions

• ask me to write a simple xaml code..after seeing the code he is saying, am told u to write xaml not JavaScript... yaaakk terrible   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valtech (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in March 2017.

Interview

Organised by HR, interview via Skype.

Interview itself was comprehensive - worked through my background, how I manage teams and clients, how I operate in an agency environment (which was unlikely to suit me) and how they work internally. Good overview of culture too.

Negative experience because they promised to follow up and haven't bothered to do so, even after I chased them. If they're not interested in progressing then fair enough, but a professional organisation should have the manners and courtesy to at least let you know!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a project that is running over budget and unlikely to meet deadline?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valtech (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

This is the campus recruitment interview, We had nearly 60 aptitude questions which includes quants, logical and technical questions. Out of 60 students appeared for 1st round only 22 were selected for the next group discussion round. This was non-eliminating round. 3rd round was technical face to face round which consists of basics of all the engineering subjects as well as real world problems. Questions were challenging and interesting . From this round only 8 were selected including me to next HR interview. HR round was telephonic interview which lasted for nearly 30 minutes. The very next day i got the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• OOPS concepts are important in all aspects.
      Basics of all programming languages.
      Solutions for real world problems
      Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Valtech (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Agencies:
    Excellent, They cannot be faulted.

Process:
    A Three stage Process: Phone screening (30 mins) - Face To face (2h 30mins) - Panel Presentation ( Scheduled for 2 hours - finished after 1)

The first two stages of the interview process were very thorough and quick within a week. These went over values and approach to projects. Very Standard.

The final stage interview took 3 weeks to arrange, due to Valtech scheduling complexities.

For the final stage, a Pre Project, Early Stage and In-Flight scenario was briefed, with the caveat that there were no wrong or right answers. As this was the first brief of its kind, I had to make a lot of assumptions on ways of working.

The interview ended after one hour with a Senior member of staff, of 8 years service to Valtech (who had not been involved in the process to this point) requested the meeting end after clearly demonstrating irritation/anger. The gentleman, never returned.

The interview was finished due to not thorough screening through the first 3 hours of interviews.

Interview Tips - Candidates
     - Ways of thinking are paramount the Valtech, if you do not think they same way the interview will end. Valtech do not offer training and expect you to join the role immediately with zero guidance.
    - Valtech are pure Agile and continuous delivery. No Sprints.
    - Budgets are secondary to discuss, even initial guidance at kick off. This leads me to believe clients are retained with flexible budgets and delivery time scales.
    - Valtech work under software quality (Unit Test and Peer reviews) being a standard task, not to be tracked or estimated separately.

Interview Tips - Agencies
    It was noted by Valtech that their pre-screening needs to be more thorough, i agree, especially after 3 hours I went through. I do wish them the best as the first two interviews were with highly professional and courteous gentlemen.

My tips would be.
    - Get Valtechs corporate and delivery values, a way of thinking is VERY subjective. I recommend getting a simple questionnaire at the application stage.
    - Myers Briggs test, this will assist in ways of working, especially logic process.
    - Involve all senior stakeholders at initial stage, especially the gentleman with 8 years experience.
    - The brief needs to request examples of work, I recommend briefs, plans and especially scoping.

Overall the process was long and confusing, my experience was a lesson learnt by both parties. I truly think Valtech need to be more thorough in.
    - Pre-Screening
    - Brief Clarity
    - Interview Techniques. It is highly unprofessional to simply walk out of an interview and not give the courtesy of a goodbye. Especially when both parties time have been wasted, interviews are reciprocal.