Van Cleef and Arpels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Van Cleef and Arpels

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Van Cleef and Arpels (Naples, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a serie of recommandations, remarks about getting dresse un black and having no jewelry. There was no présentation of benefits ( Health) No question concerning my clients book or business or professionnel skills. She forgot to specify du ring the 3 first monhs I had no right to sale ( so how a personne can be evaluated?). It was just an assertion of insignificant facts showing she was not a manager and she is a very insecure person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Fine Jewelry Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Van Cleef and Arpels (Beverly Hills, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief, both interviewers sat stone faced while I answered their generic questions. Exchanged glances at the end of each answer. Extremely rude. They took 2.5 weeks to let me know that I wasn't chosen. Found out they hired a Mandarin speaking associate. Should have been more upfront with me for what they were looking for. Very frustrating since they were the ones who originally contacted me for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the one sale you are most proud of?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Van Cleef and Arpels in November 2014.

Interview

I found this position on the Richemont website - I was a recent college graduate and very persistent in my search. Eventually, I was contacted by Richemont and asked to come in for an interview the next day. The store was very busy but everyone was very friendly. I ended up being hired on the spot, unfortunately I was dismissed after just 2 weeks because they believed I was making too many errors. I guess this is the definition of a quick to hire and quick to fire company. They offer zero training and there is no supervision over the associates. Even when you are right, you are told by management that you are still wrong. It was a very toxic environment and I am glad to be out of there.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve a dispute between two sales associates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was contacted by a Temp agency shortly after informing me that I had the position. I was very confused because I had applied for a permanent position but I suppose that they anticipated I would not be there for long. I reluctantly accepted the temporary offer because I really wanted the job. I felt that they took advantage of me and offered one thing and gave me something different in return. I would not accept this offer again.

CRM Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Van Cleef and Arpels (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Met with the VP of stores, I was really impressed. I felt very challenged and had a really interesting discussion, I think it would be a great place to work.

Assistant Direction RH Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Van Cleef and Arpels (Paris (France)) in December 2016.

Interview

Je reçu un mail pour établir une interview au siège. L'entrevue a duré environ 30 minutes.

La structure de l'Interview était classique, environ 10 questions.

(Présentez-vous, les défauts et les qualités, l'expérience professionnelle la plus intéressante, pourquoi ce poste, pourquoi Van Cleef and Arpels).

Interview Questions

• Décrivez les fonctions de ce poste. Pourquoi ce poste?   Answer Question