Vancouver Coastal Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Vancouver Coastal Health

Sort:

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Two person panel who took turns asking questions and reading scenarios. Prepare to have "textbook" knowledge about relevant policies and legislation. For social work, they asked about values that you bring to the team and how you might deal with different perspectives/interdisciplinary practice situations. Also relevant is how to practice self-care in the midst of very difficult work. How do you take care of yourself and/or others? The focus was on the practice scenarios which can vary depending on your site.

Interview Questions

• Identifying safety concerns for working in hospital and community   Answer Question

Social Worker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

A 7 person panel, which lasted over a hour. Each panel member would ask a question and I would answer. The questions mainly around my way of handling complex clients, my own stress, and case studies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time there was a conflict and how did I resolve it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health in March 2018.

Interview

Lengthy, behavioral/situational questions, review of resume and work experience in detail and verified over the last 6+ years. Hard to reach some references as people move on over 6 years. Had to do a lot of digging to find former managers etc

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

First received a call from recruitment, and scheduled a quick basic HR type questions. Then a 1 hour interview with the director and 1 senior analyst. Another appointment for skills testing.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions, like how to deal with difficult customers, co-worker, manager.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Received a request to do various online testing via external agency prior to in-person interview. Tests were straight forward and job related., and your scores/performance was given at end of test. HR also requested list of professional references to check on prior to 1:1 interview. I currently passed the initial testing and awaiting next step.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview with the team members and manager. The questions were mainly about previous experience, understanding of the role, skills that match the role, as well as situational questions, mentioning strength and weakness points. The questions were very straight forward, the team members were very friendly and the process was very casual.
    I was asked a week later to provide references and received the offer after the reference check

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen by human resources followed by an in person interview two weeks later with a panel consisting of registered nurses, one patient care coordinator and a patient services manager

Secretary III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied online for an internal company posting as I already was working at Vancouver Coastal Health. I was e-mailed and asked to come in for an interview. I attended the worksite where the interview process involved meeting four women from the office who took turns asking me pre-arranged questions. Within about a week's time, I received a call offering me a job which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Something like "what are your best points as a worker."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. The position is a union job.

Staffing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied via on-line application, 3 months later received a telephone interview, then I was contacted by HR about a week later to do computer testing, a week after that I was called in to have a face to face interview with the manager and the supervisor, they asked questions about how to handle work conflict, my achievements, critical thinking. A week letter I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations it was a union position.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health.

Interview

Initial telephone call from HR asking why I want to leave my current position, how much notice I need to give, salary expectations. After I was offered the job, it took over 2 weeks to receive my offer package because it is put together by a different department entirely. That delayed my giving my current employer notice to resign, which resulted in a delay in my start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have made a mistake or a wrong decision. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate because I am already getting paid the top of their salary range