Varian Medical Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.9

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Total 3 rounds of interview. Two telephonic rounds and one face to face. The interviewer were really nice. I was confident that I will land a job here based on the feedback from the hiring managers and teams but unfortunately I am yet to hear any rejection or confirmation. But overall my experience was really good.

Interview Questions

• Related to my skills set and profile. Technical questions based on your expertise and few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Computer Systems Analyst (Installation) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Telephonic and multiple skype calls. initially, Director level person called me for the Interview about 30 Min. He let me walk through my profile and asked all relevent experience related.
    Briefed over roles and responsibilities of my position.

Interview Questions

• technology related.
      What are all the challenges faced in your earlier job.
      Questions on Agile methodology.   Answer Question

Negotiation

i didn't negotiate much as they offered exactly what i had quoted for.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Boston, MA).

Interview

Straight-forward interview with questions related to previous experience. It didn't have any behavioral questions or any other canned interview questions typically used by other companies I interviewed with. I know that the current process is very different than it was 6 years ago.

Interview Questions

• Practical sales experience about customer dispute resolution and the outcome achieved.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview with Alexis. She was nice and the questions were fairly easy. A few days later I was scheduled for an onsite interview with the hiring manager. It was about two hours long and moderately difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time that you encountered resistance from a team you were leading. How did you deal with it? What would you do differently now?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for full stack position. Spoke with the university recruiter and first round was from a team member with basic questions from Java like comparator, GUID, Design patterns, HTTP and RestFul webservices, walk through of resume and about the projects and my role in the projects. Got a reject mail from the recruiter after few weeks. After 2 months I was asked if I was available. Got an onsite interview for 3 hours. I was asked to develop a small frontend web application using JS. The interviewer were very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• comparable vs comparator, multi threading, Design patterns used in my project, GUID, Rest Web services   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

There were two interviewers. To begin with the questions were about my work and project experience and later they got little more detailed; some of which were on the process by which simulation were done, element types of the FEA model etc. Interviewers were very friendly and casual. The interviewer ended with a site-tour.

Interview Questions

• What type of element did you use for your finite element model?   Answer Question
    • What has been your favorite course during your studies and why? What is your least liked course and why?   Answer Question

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process is too long. Still waiting for their reply about the first phone screen interview. It was just mainly on my projects and some question regarding testing on them.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle so and so exceptions in your projects   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The whole process took 2 weeks. I had 1 phone screening and a few days later 2 phone interviews with the managers.
    The interview was very technical and difficult. I felt like i had an oral exam! A week later, I was called to attend meeting with the members of the team and was announced acceptance on the same day. After that, they give their formal letter within a few days, including generous offer and medical coverage for intern. After I accepted the offer, I began my background check and drug test.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by Universal Recruiter first to schedule a phone interview with senior Manager. I called the number provided on the scheduled timing. It was not that technical most of the questions were general interview questions. I did well but have no idea why they rejected me. As this is my first interview I asked for review to improve myself in future. Which I didn't receive.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. First round is standard behavioral questions, plus some understanding of the job responsibilities. Second round is with hiring manager, again understanding of the responsibilities. Third round is with two engineers, basically ask you a bunch of brain storming questions on different situations, and go through my resume, ask details about projects I've done.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about fault tree analysis   1 Answer