Varian Medical Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

One phone interview. One in-person interview. Job offer a few weeks later. Varian moves in fits and starts, which is to say that it may be a long while between application and initial contact, but then things move fast.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems in May 2015.

Interview

It's pretty quick reply and really nice talking with the HR, She is really nice and asked about school project as well as some technical questions. Overall really good experience :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for full stack position. Spoke with the university recruiter and first round was from a team member with basic questions from Java like comparator, GUID, Design patterns, HTTP and RestFul webservices, walk through of resume and about the projects and my role in the projects. Got a reject mail from the recruiter after few weeks. After 2 months I was asked if I was available. Got an onsite interview for 3 hours. I was asked to develop a small frontend web application using JS. The interviewer were very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• comparable vs comparator, multi threading, Design patterns used in my project, GUID, Rest Web services   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy but lengthy. Started with phone screen. Followed by skype call as I was not in the bay area.
    This was followed by onsite interview with manager and the team. Then a follow up interview with the director of engineering team and the HR

Interview Questions

• Current projects worked on.
      String manipulation questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. Initial HR interview, followed by 2 phone interviews and then an onsite interview. Details about projects and technologies listed on the resume, questions related to design patterns and software design.

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

First phone interview, then on site interview. Phone interview with hiring manager, talked about experience, interest, and some technical questions. Then got on-site interview, with several engineerings, all very friendly. Then with department director, who is very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone interview for half an hour, got a call for an on site interview in a couple of weeks' time. On site interview went on for two hours. They gave the result after three weeks, that is after me asking them for the status thrice.

Interview Questions

• Onsite interview on project experiences and general algorithms   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

By far the worst interview experience I've had to date. All scheduling was done through a recruiter rather than directly. First round was a ~30 minute phone interview with the manager of the department. He seemed to not really listen to any responses I gave and was simply reading questions off of a list rather than having a conversation with me. Next round was a 2 hour in person interview. When I arrived the office was silent, still, and the receptionist was not very friendly. When the manager came to get me I sat in a large conference room waiting for the team to interview me.

This round was embarrassing and uncomfortable. I was interviewed by 4 people simultaneously and felt like a monkey performing tricks on the whiteboard and answering so many questions. The entire time none of the interviewers really reacted at all and while I was at the whiteboard several of them would whisper to each other, which I found extremely rude. I also felt a lot of the questions were very much targeted toward a senior software engineer, which I was clearly not. Therefore if that's what they were looking for they should have screened more thoroughly so as not to waste both my and their time.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

First step was a telephonic screening by the recruiter, then there was a telephonic interview with the manager, which was for ,around 15-20 minutes, just asking about my qualifications and background.Third round was a face-face interview. Had a 1:1 interview with around 4-6 people.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Casual interview with the hiring manager and two other managers;
    2. Technical interview; and other senior managers' interview
    3. Called my references;
    4. Offer
    The entire interview was very professional and pleasant. It was very enjoyable talking with everyone.

Interview Questions

• Casual: pretty much looked at your attitude towards the potential position.
      Technical: They asked me about what I was doing at the current job; my master thesis; and any related experience. They mentioned some technical difficulties that they were facing and asked me what my potential solutions would be.   Answer Question