Vector Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2018

1.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (Towson, MD) in September 2010.

Interview

group interview

Interview Questions

• on a scale from 1 to 10 how good are you with people?   1 Answer

wasnt interested

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

its tough to get going , but you have to go on , dont lean on others , you have to learn to stand by yourselves, show who you are .no work no pay , the better you work the more you get paid, it might be hard to go through , but go on , your hardship you bought you a handsome reward.keep it up , you are the one to .

Interview Questions

• Will you show your best of you for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

get going

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (Stamford, CT) in July 2011.

Interview

Comfortable. We sat down and spoke about my overall life and career goals. Where i saw myself in 10 years and how working as an assistant branch manager would help me get there. I came prepared with information on when I would graduate from college, where I will be located over the next 1-2 years and how interested I was in being a bramch manager myself.

Interview Questions

• What are you planning to do in your career in the long term?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

The receptionist called and scheduled for a interview the next day. She asked to verify my information and told me that I should see them at their office which i did, but the office was very poorly done and a bit shady. Turns out it's a paramid scheme kinda sales job for knifes that were very expensive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (New Rochelle, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very Easy. They had a phone screen then they asked to you come in and interview. They brought you into the office and with a group of 30 people i waited over 2 hours for a 5 min interview with another person applying.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview

Students, beware this one. They were offering me $15/hr base payment despite the fact that I had no experience. I applied via WayUp and then they sent me an e-mail stating that they had called me when they had not. They finally called me and screened me over the phone. After that, I was immediately scheduled for an interview that next day, being told that the manager was very busy and they were hiring fast. However, something didn't feel right. It sounded too good to be true. I did research online and found that my suspicions were confirmed. I read that this company is a division of Cutco Knives and you're selling knives door to door (despite the ad telling me this was not the case). I wound up not going to the face-to-face presentation for personal reasons anyways (they tell you it's an interview but I learned that it's actually a presentation with 4 other people). These are just my thoughts on the phone interview process but please do a lot of research before going.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (Fayetteville, AR) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and they emailed me saying they want to interview me for a marketing position. This was before I learned that entry level marketing really means door to door sales person. I did some research and the first thing that popped up on the search engine was vector marketing scam. The called me later and wanted to set up an interview. I asked what exactly the position was and the clerk said "marketing, and some sales." I asked what kind, what do you sell there? She said, "I can't say, you just have to be here for the interview." I tried to get more info but she said, "I'm really not supposed to say what we sell, you will find out in the group interview with the rest." She sounded scared! I told her wanted to cancel my interview and she said she understood. So weird and sketchy! There are videos of some people who did like the door to door knife selling but some said you have to pay to start. Like Premier Designs where you buy the jewelry then sell it for profit. *cough* Pyramid.

Interview Questions

• If I had reliable transportation. This was on the phone to set up a group interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (North Charleston, SC) in August 2013.

Interview

Group interview. You do not get the opportunity to ask questions and noquestions are asked of you. No formal follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomall, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (Broomall, PA).

Interview

I got a solicitation in the mail saying that they were hiring college students for break and paid $15/h for marketing positions. I called to inquire about the position and was immediately scheduled an appointment for later that evening. I Had a preliminary interview about my strengths and education in marketing and communications, where I was then informed that they were interested in me to have the second half of the interview. At this point I was under the impression that this was a customer service/marketing position, but when I had the 2nd part of the interview, which really was just a lecture on the company, I was told about an hour and a half way through that this was door to door sales. Who still buys products like that these days? I was thrown off that this job was titled "customer service and marketing", and not "door-to-door sales". This was a scam and waste of time. They should have been upfront about what they did, rather than make me sit through a 2 hour interview process to find this out. You are paid solely off of your sales, and the customers had to be found by you on your own time. You have to use your own gas and car to get anywhere also. Whoever calls this marketing needs to go take a marketing class.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in working for Vector?   1 Answer

Not interested in door-to-door sales, and the whole interview process and all of the shadiness around the actual job were a red flag.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (Hempstead, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was to evaluate if I could do the job

The interview process was to see where my strengths and weaknesses is in communicating with customers
    See if I understood the rules and the principals of doing the job