Vendavo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vendavo (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR after applying online. After a 30-minute non-technical conversation with the HR person, I was invited on-site for a 1-hour interview with an engineering manager. No technical questions were asked. We mostly talked about the product they were looking to build. It felt like a lot of fluff and the interviewer did not seem to be trying to get a good idea of what my capabilities were.

I never heard back from anyone at Vendavo, even after several weeks and multiple follow up emails sent. This is incredibly unprofessional but it seems this may be company policy judging by the other reviews here.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vendavo (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with the IT hiring manager was 30 minutes and we both showed mutual interest in me working there.

Onsite: Interviewed with a panel of around 4 different people for around 30 minutes each. The interviewers seemed like they were trying to bait me into being negative, showed total lack of experience interviewing people and were more concerned about going to lunch then preforming a quality interview.

I never received a call from HR or the hiring manager after the interview was over. I waited 2 weeks and then had to call the hiring manager on their cell phone and he was absolutely embarrassed that no one had gotten back to me. He fumbled to get off the phone promising that someone would call me back with a response the next day.

No one ever called me back and from reading reviews this is the SOP for Vendavo. Highly unprofessional and more than likely a terrible place to work at.

Interview Questions

• what is your target salary?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vendavo (Mountain View, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

My Interview process was very extensive had 2 rounds of phone interviews and one on site interview with 4 people from different team of the company. Questions range from personality, work ethic, and technical. Although it was a long interview process, I was able to interact and connect with the team that I was going to work with both on a personal and professional level.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do outside of work?
      Describe OOP to your grandmother?
      What type of Web frameworks have you used in the past, and why did you use it for that particular task?   Answer Question

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vendavo in April 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with the hiring manager, then invited to an in person with 4 people from the marketing team. These people somehow show disrespect and they were conceited. One of the marketing coordinator asked me unrelated questions: "what food do you like, do you have a pet, do you watch any TV shows?..." The worst interviewer was a sr digital marketing manager, she had an unexpected poor communication skill, didn't address her point clearly and confused me a lot.

When she came in, she asked me what did the previous 3 people asked and told me. I told her they asked my background and they explained each of their roles to me. Then she said "no no, I want to know what did they tell you." Okay, I already answered, they told me about their roles, but she seemed didn't understand, so I had to repeat my answer. Then she said "NO, I am asking what did they tell you, so I won't repeat anything they already said, did they tell you anything about the team and what we do?" At the point, I finally understood that she was asking whether those people shared information about the team, then why can't she just ask me directly about what she wanted to ask.

Then she asked a very vague question again but expected detail answer: "you have a project, and your team member is suppose give you her part but when deadline comes, your team member disappears, no where to find, what will you do?" I thought she was asking how would I finish the project, so I told her the step I would take if that situation came. Then she repeated her question, and said "you said you would take steps, but you didn't explain what steps you would take to finish the project." When I was about to talk, she changed her question: "well, for example, saying you are sending an email, but you are missing the part from you teammate, however you need to send it because of the deadline, what will you do?" Again, I thought this was a situational question, so I told her what I would do in order to finish the email and send it. However, her face turned black and she looked mad, said "you still didn't explain what steps you would take." So I said: "you didn't address what email and send to whom either." She said: "it's just a email you need to send, a general email." At this point, I was more confused, why did she ask to specific detail about what I would do, as she mentioned "just sending a general email." She was unhappy and repeated her question again, with a resentful tone saying "I think I asked my question very clearly".

Later on, after I told her I will still send the email, she said "This is a question relate to how to handle people relationship. If I faced that situation, I will go talk to the team member blah blah blah". Okay, so it was a question related to how to deal with people relationship rather than how to finish the project, but does it sound like that? But, look, she assumed there just no way to find the team member first, but said she would talk to the team member.....What?? Doesn't make sense at all! The way she talked and her logic really confused me, if I was the interviewer, I would ask directly about how you will deal with this team member.

The interview experience was very negative, very unprofessional interviewers who didn't know how to ask good questions.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vendavo (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Super laid back and chill. More of a conversation than an interview. I went in totally prepared for a super hardcore interview, but the people who interviewed me were so laid back. I felt a little nervous for being overly formal and over-dressed. But, I explained I thought the company would have been more formal and laughed it off with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell someone a solution to a problem they didn't know they had?   Answer Question

Sales Development Represanative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vendavo.

Interview

I applied on an indeed posting. First set up a initial phone screen with corporate recruiter. Pretty basic phone screen lasted about a half hour wanting to go over my background and the details of the position applied for. The first round was a success and she wanted me to set up a call with the director who would be working with the candidate who ends up doing the position. There was obviously communication between the recruiter and director going into my second phone screen. This was a confirmation of what we had known and then some clarification that the position wasn't a typical sales position and more of a researching prospects in the pre-sales process to get them on-board to talk to an account executive. There were some recommendations to do some further research on some financial statement knowledge before taking it to a in person interview. I had done lots of research on the company as well as brushing up on some finance terms that I have not used extensively in previous role. Went in for a in person interview where they wanted me to meet with the director and two vice presidents. Went in for the in person interview and things seemed to have went pretty well. I had done my homework which seemed to impress both of them. One vice president was not able to be at the meeting. It closed with the next steps being to talk to two additional vice presidents the next day. I agreed to one the following morning and one the next day at 1:00. I tried resisting the 1:00 interview as I had another interview that I wanted to focus on with another company shortly after.The recruiter I had first spoke with had added me on linkedIn right after the interview. Things seemed to have been going pretty well at this point.

The next morning, I wake up and prepare for the first phone interview.... Nothing. 5 minutes goes by. I email the director as I was suppose to receive the call but just wanted to confirm I wasn't suppose to call in. A few hours later she responds that she could not get confirmation from him but the 1:00 interview was still on. Very unprofessional as I had done lots to prepare for this and could have been utilizing my day preparing for other companies I had been interviewing with. The 1:00 interview didn't call in until about 20 minutes later. I was apprehensive to accept this call to begin with as I warned her this was running very close to another interview I had. The other VP calls 20 minutes late, no apoligies for that. Fine, I can deal with that, let's get on to the interview. Apparently he was just reading my resume for the very first time and there was no internal communication on the progress of the interview so far. Asking very basic questions that should have been understood by now - like why I am not with the last company etc. Very frustrated to start from scratch as I had been about 5 hours deep into talking with this company. After about 10 minutes he cut me off and said he had to take this call.

I was suppose to take an assessment that day. Followed up with both the recruiter and the director who would be the position's direct superior several times. NO RESPONSE. A rejection would have been more acceptable than that. Sent them linkedIn message... Nothing! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. I would not suggest bothering with this company.

They have a very interesting product and have recently been bought out buy a hedge fund. That hedge fund had brought a lot of these individuals in to turn it around. They should probably gut the rest of the staff and sell the product to an established company who can distribute this product. HR was ver "Bi-Polar" with Vendavo.

Interview Questions

• Are you on lunch break or did you just sneak out of the office from your current job?   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vendavo (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Very very lengthy and time consuming interview. 2 rounds of telephonic (1st one for 1 hour and the 2nd one for 1.5 hours) and then one onsite for 3 hours with 5 people. The onsite is non-stop with few mins gap for water. Interviewers were nice but the turn around time is very very long. I had to follow many times with my recruiting agency for the updates. Almost took 1 month for the above process. But didnt get any update from anyone, upon checking again vendavo said no decision has been taken (not rejected but put it in reserve) That was the most frustrating part. You should give out a decision and not to keep people on the hook.

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions around JVM, Oracle performance and queries. At onsite used white boards for Architecture diagrams, Queries. No coding test though.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vendavo in June 2014.

Interview

A few phone interviews followed by in-person interviews. Interviews went well, and I was told to wait to hear about next steps. It has been months, and I still haven't heard anything. Very unprofessional.

I got a negative impression of the company during the interviews. Company seemed disorganized and confused about its goals, and employees seemed dissatisfied. I would not want to work for this company.

Interview Questions

Vendavo Response

Oct 23, 2014 – Sr. Director Recruiting

I am disappointed by this posting, as we did follow up with the candidate and let her know we were not going to proceed with her candidacy. For everyone who interviews with Vendavo, we always inform... More

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Interview

The HR department at Vendavo is excellent! I admire their professionalism, great communication, and accommodation. My interviews went according to the preplanned agenda and went exactly as planned. Feedback and next steps were provided to me in a timely manner. Both HR and the hiring team were easily approachable for any questions/ concerns and always got back to me with a fast turnaround. Vendavo's HR team has an efficient and well structured hiring process. They made my transition smooth and easy! Great team, excellent package, excited to be apart of this company!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vendavo (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online through their website and the recruiter called me. They scheduled a phone interview. The interview was first scheduled for 30 mins but went on for 1.2 hrs.

Interview Questions

• The interview kicked of well but unfortunately the interviewer was not pleasant and didnt know the concepts well. We ended up arguing over solutions and the person was not ready to accept in spite of listing out the disadvantages. I felt it was waste of time.   Answer Question