Vendavo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Vendavo

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vendavo (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR after applying online. After a 30-minute non-technical conversation with the HR person, I was invited on-site for a 1-hour interview with an engineering manager. No technical questions were asked. We mostly talked about the product they were looking to build. It felt like a lot of fluff and the interviewer did not seem to be trying to get a good idea of what my capabilities were.

I never heard back from anyone at Vendavo, even after several weeks and multiple follow up emails sent. This is incredibly unprofessional but it seems this may be company policy judging by the other reviews here.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vendavo (Mountain View, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

My Interview process was very extensive had 2 rounds of phone interviews and one on site interview with 4 people from different team of the company. Questions range from personality, work ethic, and technical. Although it was a long interview process, I was able to interact and connect with the team that I was going to work with both on a personal and professional level.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do outside of work?
      Describe OOP to your grandmother?
      What type of Web frameworks have you used in the past, and why did you use it for that particular task?   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vendavo (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with the IT hiring manager was 30 minutes and we both showed mutual interest in me working there.

Onsite: Interviewed with a panel of around 4 different people for around 30 minutes each. The interviewers seemed like they were trying to bait me into being negative, showed total lack of experience interviewing people and were more concerned about going to lunch then preforming a quality interview.

I never received a call from HR or the hiring manager after the interview was over. I waited 2 weeks and then had to call the hiring manager on their cell phone and he was absolutely embarrassed that no one had gotten back to me. He fumbled to get off the phone promising that someone would call me back with a response the next day.

No one ever called me back and from reading reviews this is the SOP for Vendavo. Highly unprofessional and more than likely a terrible place to work at.

Interview Questions

• what is your target salary?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vendavo in June 2013.

Interview

Terrible HR and management. They do not know how to run a company and they seem not to care about their image. My interview was delayed many times with very poor excuses. This does not make the company look good at all and if this is how they make a first impression on potential employees, I don’t want to know how badly I would be treated if I actually worked there.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was actually getting them to follow through on an interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vendavo in June 2014.

Interview

A few phone interviews followed by in-person interviews. Interviews went well, and I was told to wait to hear about next steps. It has been months, and I still haven't heard anything. Very unprofessional.

I got a negative impression of the company during the interviews. Company seemed disorganized and confused about its goals, and employees seemed dissatisfied. I would not want to work for this company.

Interview Questions

Vendavo Response

Oct 23, 2014 – Sr. Director Recruiting

I am disappointed by this posting, as we did follow up with the candidate and let her know we were not going to proceed with her candidacy. For everyone who interviews with Vendavo, we always inform... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vendavo (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen from an on site recruiter, then from a technical person scheduled days later, general questions across j2ee & java.
    .equals vs. ==
    overriding hashCode();

They have a few rounds of on sites, first from the Director & VP. Very courteous and polite. There was a more open ended set of questions regarding Modeling and Design. Then a more specific set of questions about Linked Lists, and how you go about reversing them.

Interview Questions

• Given elements in a linked list, provide the most efficient way to reverse them.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vendavo (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online through their website and the recruiter called me. They scheduled a phone interview. The interview was first scheduled for 30 mins but went on for 1.2 hrs.

Interview Questions

• The interview kicked of well but unfortunately the interviewer was not pleasant and didnt know the concepts well. We ended up arguing over solutions and the person was not ready to accept in spite of listing out the disadvantages. I felt it was waste of time.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vendavo (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Very very lengthy and time consuming interview. 2 rounds of telephonic (1st one for 1 hour and the 2nd one for 1.5 hours) and then one onsite for 3 hours with 5 people. The onsite is non-stop with few mins gap for water. Interviewers were nice but the turn around time is very very long. I had to follow many times with my recruiting agency for the updates. Almost took 1 month for the above process. But didnt get any update from anyone, upon checking again vendavo said no decision has been taken (not rejected but put it in reserve) That was the most frustrating part. You should give out a decision and not to keep people on the hook.

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions around JVM, Oracle performance and queries. At onsite used white boards for Architecture diagrams, Queries. No coding test though.   Answer Question

Director of Channel Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vendavo (Mountain View, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with my hiring manager as my first interview. Then we spoke again on the phone a second time. I meet her for a face to face interview a few weeks later. At that meeting I also meet the former CEO of the company Neil Lustig. It was a very positive experience. My hiring manager and Neil Lustig are both no longer with Vendavo. Once Vendavo was purchased by Francisco Partners, they were let go.

Interview Questions

• What was one of my best sales experience?
      Who was your favorite manager and why, who was your least favorite manager and why?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vendavo (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Super laid back and chill. More of a conversation than an interview. I went in totally prepared for a super hardcore interview, but the people who interviewed me were so laid back. I felt a little nervous for being overly formal and over-dressed. But, I explained I thought the company would have been more formal and laughed it off with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell someone a solution to a problem they didn't know they had?   Answer Question