Ventera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ventera Interview Questions

2.4

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ventera in October 2015.

Interview

Emailed them my resume, then I was asked to interview on site. They have a nice office with nice amenities, but the interview process seemed fairly pointless. You do meet with the CEO which was cool, and he seemed genuinely interested in the conversation. The other interviewers;however, did nothing to establish whether or not I was a good candidate. One interviewer was 15 minutes late which is unprofessional. No technical skills were assessed, and they could not fill the 30 minute blocks with substantial questions.

I did receive an offer, but they undercut my asking salary significantly and cited the great health benefits and pto as compensation. Give me a break, every company I have interviewed with gave great health benefits and PTO, Ventera is not a special case. They underpay their analysts, especially with the cost of living in DC.

Interview Questions

Poor compensation, not negotiable on salary

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ventera (Reston, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Went into an interview with about 8 other people. Some were applying for software roles, others for more business oriented positions. It was stressful seeing other applicants in person and thinking I had to "compete" with them during an otherwise enjoyable lunch. Interviewed with several individuals - software team, HR, and the CEO. I appreciated that the CEO was taking time to speak to new hires.

Interview Questions

• If you have a balancing scale and eight balls, one of which weighs more than the other, how can you find the heaviest ball in only two uses of the scale?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Reached out to recruiter directly, was contacted to interview shortly after. Was interviewed by ~4 different people, some on the technical side, some on the nontechnical side. CEO did the final interview and asked about where we would situate the company in the context of the industry. Everyone was friendly, gave business cards, and encouraged to follow up with questions.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward - resume based, former experience, why do you want to work for us, etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ventera.

Interview

Technical phone interview.
    4 - 30 minute in-house interviews with senior consultants in several technical fields.
    1 - 30 minute interview with CEO

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. The interviewers were very good about asking question specific to the position interviewing for. They were also very open with answer questions about the position and the company as a whole   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Twice now in the past few months, I have been in the interview queue at Ventera, with interviews both on the phone and in person. On both occasions, I was then notified that they had decided not to fill the position.
    I am somewhat disappointed, not just that the positions were not available, but that they used quite a bit of my time for what were apparently not serious positions.

Interview Questions

• The questions followed mostly standard behavioral interviewing techniques.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ventera (Reston, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by Ventera after submitting my resume at my university's fall career fair. They went straight away to inviting me down for an interview, which was a very unique experience. About two weeks after initial contact I drove down to their main offices in Reston, VA for an on-site interview. I would have preferred to get housing or travel compensation as I had to drive a good distance, but the interview made it worth it.

Day started at 9:00am with a presentation by the HR manager about the purpose and culture of the company and the various opportunities they provide. She was very thurough in explaining the various perks for the positions. I was joined by three other college candidates, and this was one of multiple days that they were holding interviews

After the presentation, we were each given a small conference room and had four people rotate in 30-minute periods to interview us. Three of the people were either senior developers or projet managers. The questions were mostly behavioural, tell us about projects you have worked on, how do you like to work with others, tell us about some aspect of programming, etc. The very notable thing about Ventera's interview process is that you get to meet with the CEO, Robert Acosta. He is an all around staand-up guy and I heard nothing but great things about him, and getting to talk to him was a real treat.

After the interviews we got taken to lunch with two recent college grads who now work at Ventera. They were very easy to talk to and seemed to give a favorable impression of the company. Day ended at around 2:15.

Interview Questions

• Explain the major differences between C and Java.   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ventera (Reston, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

3 round- one on one

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

Interview

Four separate interviews, 30 min each. First interviewer was the CEO, second was a head database architect, third was a project manager, and last was a #Net Developer Project Leader. Considering the position I was applying for and my major background, they found employees that were relevant to my field.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, considering their great benefits

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ventera (Reston, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

I had to go through 5 30-minute interviews with people form various teams. The interview questions seemed pretty repetitive. However, it was really cool to have a 30 minute interview with the CEO of the company.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your best friend, what would he say is your weakest quality as a friend?   Answer Question