Verisign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.9

Junior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verisign (Reston, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview:
    Hiring manager interviewed for 30 minutes
    Pure technical questions
    Explain previous project and responsibilities: Prepare answers for every bullet on the resume
    Questions on Linux administration: if config, user/group creations, Ping, Internal/External IP address, AWS Security groups, VPC.
    Questions on Open Stack, Python/Shell Script: Say NO if you don't have any idea; Show interest to learn
    Questions on your education: What subjects did you take
    Behavioral Questions: Where do you see yourself in the next five years? Why did you choose systems admin? Why not Programming?

Face - Face Interview: 90 Minutes
    Interview with hiring manager and team
    Hands-on as well as whiteboarding
    It's like a rapid fire round from the team members - No questions from the Hiring manager.
    More questions from resume and previous work
    Prepare to explain your previous project on white board
    Prepare to write some code/algorithm and explain on white board
    Hands-on will be basic administration tasks: Auto SSH from one terminal to other, Install Apache and listen to the port.
    You are allowed to use the internet to perform hands-on. But hiring manager and the team will be watching your screen.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verisign.

Interview

Telephonic followed by face to face interview with the team . You need to write simple algorithm on board and need to explain your current project in detail .Should know basic of DNS system

Ddos Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verisign.

Interview

I had a very long interview process. 1st I was interviewed by the senior engineer. This was very technical and had loads of questions on Networking (1 hour). The 2nd round was with other people from the same Dept (45 min). This one was more of related to my experience at different companies. Then i was interview by the director who also asked some technical and some behavioral questions (30min). And then the final interview was with the incoming director with his collegue asking me a bunch of technical questions for 45min. This one was super tough. The complete process took like 2 months. I received an offer the next day after my final round.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between BGP and OSPF?
      How to do path manipulation using BGP attributes?
      Why do you want to leave your current job?
      Explain scenarios where you were under pressure and how you handled it.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verisign (Dulles, VA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the three people I would be working with. They were friendly and asked some questions. I then had an on-site interview with the team manager and met the future co-workers with whom I had spoken with on the phone. Additionally, I took a timed editing test to prove that I had the ability to edit to their standards.

Interview Questions

• How long would it take you to edit a paper X number of pages long?   Answer Question

Cyber Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verisign in January 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward. There were two rounds, one was HR round, telling me about the position and the second was the technical round. The HR round was mainly about the company, position and place. It is located in DC Area. Further HR asked why are you interested in DC Area.

Interview Questions

• Questions from Python. Which is better to implement dictionary or list. Time complexity to implement list, what comes after F in hexadecimal, how do you concatenate strings in Python.

Behavioral ques- What is the most difficult project you have done so far? Why are you interested at Verisign?

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verisign (Reston, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

1 hr phone interview followed by 1 hr in person. The in person interview was a panel interview with the entire team. It was sort of rapid fire with each member on the team asking technical questions. The hiring manager on the team did not ask any questions. He not have anytime for the interviewee to ask any question to the team either.

Mid Level Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verisign (Reston, VA).

Interview

Interview was from 12pm-4pm. From 12pm to 1pm you go out to eat with the interviewer in reston town center. Then you return and they start a practical. They will ask you a few questions then start the practical. They connect a computer to the TV and watch you complete the practical. No googling allowed. They will act friendly and all during the lunch but don't let that make you think you have the job. They will grill you on the practical with stupid questions. They love it if you know design patterns and algorithms. The practical is timed. The interviewers are nerds and awkward. A lot of awkward silence. Be prepared. Know algorithms, Design Patterns, Python, MongoDB. They also won't return your calls or emails if you do not qualify. Rude.

Interview Questions

• How would you make two applications communicate to each other?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between foreign and primary keys?   1 Answer
    • Discuss some design patterns.   1 Answer
    • Practical: Write an xml parser from scratch.   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verisign (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by email from an alumni who sent opportunities to my school's career services department. I was emailed by company a week after an online application. Was very busy at the time so I didn't prepare too well. Phone interview, cordial, introduced the company well and proceeded into technical questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verisign.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Was rather informal compared to normal interviews. He asked me some of the standard behavioral questions but mainly it was about my experience with the technology I have used and they use and whether I could become comfortable with it. It seemed more like this call was simply them confirming that I seemed a good fit and that they had already chosen me before. I heard back from them the next day with an offer, but had to decline as I could not afford to relocate at the time.

Interview Questions

• What languages are you comfortable with?
      What environments do you work in?
      How do you feel about working in groups?
      Etc.

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verisign (Dulles, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Skype Interview: Long (about 40 minutes)
    2. General Behavioral Questions
    3. Some Technical Questions
    4. Formal Interview taken by three people.
    5. The interview process was pretty straightforward, get a call and the will fix the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in a team?
      What is the thing that annoys you the most?
      Your Strength?
      Your Weakness?
      Why selected this company to do the internship?