Verisign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Junior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verisign (Reston, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview:
    Hiring manager interviewed for 30 minutes
    Pure technical questions
    Explain previous project and responsibilities: Prepare answers for every bullet on the resume
    Questions on Linux administration: if config, user/group creations, Ping, Internal/External IP address, AWS Security groups, VPC.
    Questions on Open Stack, Python/Shell Script: Say NO if you don't have any idea; Show interest to learn
    Questions on your education: What subjects did you take
    Behavioral Questions: Where do you see yourself in the next five years? Why did you choose systems admin? Why not Programming?

Face - Face Interview: 90 Minutes
    Interview with hiring manager and team
    Hands-on as well as whiteboarding
    It's like a rapid fire round from the team members - No questions from the Hiring manager.
    More questions from resume and previous work
    Prepare to explain your previous project on white board
    Prepare to write some code/algorithm and explain on white board
    Hands-on will be basic administration tasks: Auto SSH from one terminal to other, Install Apache and listen to the port.
    You are allowed to use the internet to perform hands-on. But hiring manager and the team will be watching your screen.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verisign (Reston, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

1 hr phone interview followed by 1 hr in person. The in person interview was a panel interview with the entire team. It was sort of rapid fire with each member on the team asking technical questions. The hiring manager on the team did not ask any questions. He not have anytime for the interviewee to ask any question to the team either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Verisign (Sterling, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager. Weird experience here. They simply asked 2 technical questions to determine if they want to bring you in. I was brought on site for 4 interviews.

Total lack of interest shown by interviewers on site. They had no interest in learning about you and simply asked their pre-determined questions. No brain teasers but most of which were impractical questions.

Recruiter or hiring manager mis represented the job responsibilities. I did not feel the position fit the description I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Whats the purpose of the StringBuffer or Builder class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verisign (Savannah, GA) in July 2007.

Interview

Was highly disappointed with this office. Hiring manager not prepared for interview & late. Staff seemed very unprofessional. Not very organized or interested in optimizing processes. Defects tracked on white board. Not impressed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verisign in October 2007.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. There was one phone interview with dev manager asking not too in depth questions. Then the recruiter arranges a half day on site interview with four people, all one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to reverse a linked list in any language you prefer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verisign (Santa Cruz, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

asked sorting questions

Interview Questions

• how to sort a list in a fast way?   1 Answer
    • whats hiberate and spring   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verisign (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by email from an alumni who sent opportunities to my school's career services department. I was emailed by company a week after an online application. Was very busy at the time so I didn't prepare too well. Phone interview, cordial, introduced the company well and proceeded into technical questions.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verisign (Reston, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

There is not standard interview process. It depends from department to department. Mostly questions will be from your CV/Resume. Specially c/c++ and Java. Most of the company projects are c/c++ and java based.

Interview Questions

Interview

Good interview process. Totally spoke to 5 interviewers and a manager and Vice President. They ask technical questions and management questions. They also ask a few behavioral questions. Typically they ask problem solving questions and ask you to go into the architecture of your most complex product or module you have implemented and start drilling down on that.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verisign (Reston, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Worked through a placement agency. Had one face to face interview where I met with a sales manager and a sales director.

Interview Questions

• Fairly straightforward interview, focused a lot on explaining my past sales experience and how I overcame challenges associated with prospecting for and closing new business opportunities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Cookie cutter compensation package, no negotiation offered, take it or leave it