Viator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viator Interview Questions

Interviews at Viator

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viator (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2018.

Interview

Talk with the director and basically she decided everything. She is a charming and smart person. We had a great talk. Almost an hour. She is very honest and professional and I like her a lot. Sadly she left the company in the end. The management people are stupid.

Interview Questions

Viator Response

Oct 9, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback on your experience with TripAdvisor, we definitely value input on the candidate experience. We take pride in our exceptional talent, and continuously strive to provide learning programs and opportunities to our entire staff.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Viator (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The application process started out really well with this company, but I was shocked by the lack of professionalism they ended things with.

I was contacted by a recruiter, who asked if I was interested and requested a resume. I sent her one, and a few days later she said they were interested in me and asked me to complete a writing sample, which I did. She told me about a week later that they liked my work and would love to set up an interview. I did the interview via video chat. The whole thing took about an hour and a half as I spoke to three different people about the role, its expectations, and my qualifications. I thought it went really well, personally, and I must have been somewhat right because I was contacted again about a week later inviting me to the final rounds and requesting a second writing sample. I sent her my writing sample, she confirmed that she got it, promising to get in touch within about a week with an update and...nothing. She never emailed me again. I reached out multiple times to check in and never got a response, not even a "Thank you for applying but we've gone with a different candidate."

It's one thing to turn someone down from a job, that's just part of life, but it's another thing to ghost an applicant who you've explicitly told is on the shortlist and ignore all communications from them. The whole thing struck me as completely thoughtless and unprofessional, so maybe it's for the best that the job didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a major professional conflict you encountered and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viator (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1. Contacted by HR (third party)..sent online hacker rank challenge (3 coding questions, 3 multiple choice questions)..stacks (bracket balancer), graphs, etc

2. Set up for skype interview with person in sydney, Australia - 2 coding questions (string manipulation, dynamic prog) - ok to use eclipse and asked to share video and screen

3. Called to SF office to meet PM and another 2 on 1 tech interview on skype (from Sydney, Aus).
    General system design (rest api), source control questions (git)

Interview Questions

• stacks (bracket balancer), graphs, string manipulation, dynamic prog
      General system design (rest api), source control questions (git)   Answer Question

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viator (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial contact and interview with recruiter was positive and professional. Wish I could say the same about my second interview. The interviewer began by telling me it was taking her a long time to fill the position and she was having to "lower her standards" to fit the Las Vegas talent pool. I've never been directly insulted in an interview before, but I guess there's a first time for everything. After I got over the shock of that, I quickly realized that she felt like she was wasting her time with me, as she was asking vague questions and not really interested in getting to know anything about my background or experience. On top of this, she was interviewing me over the phone while walking around outside. I could barely hear her over the traffic noise and had to ask her to repeat herself on several occasions. As a final unprofessional step, it's been two months now and not so much of a "thanks for your time" or "we went in another direction" email.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viator (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I went through a phone screen with the recruiter and then had a phone call with the hiring manager. Throughout this stage, it was not explained to me that I was interviewing for a role at Viator, since it was posted as Trip Advisor. This made the interview process very confusing. After, I was given a case study with only 48 hours to complete and then was brought onsite. Interview process was easy and all focus was around the project. I wasn't told I had to present it and was not prepared since I was rushing to finish. No one seemed to know what the job I was applying for entailed either.

The most frustrating part of this interview is that I am from out of state and none of my travel, meals, or lodging during this interview were reimbursed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Viator.

Interview

Asked basic questions. Because made him laugh I got the job was average interview. In back small room was weird but okay. Asked shift I want to work asked what days I want off gave the rules and stuff and got the job

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Viator.

Interview

It was a quick interview, i waited for few minutes and then i was asked to go into this conference room. The interview requires you to be just genuine about yourself and let the employer know your skills and how you can contribute to the companys growth. The interviewer ask me about details in my resume, how to handle specific scenarios, etc.

Call Center Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Viator.

Interview

Bearing in mind, my interview experience was years ago: It was a very standard interview process. I sat down with the managers to answer several questions about my work ethic, my theories on angry customers, and why I was interested in the job - there was a routine background check and drug test and that was pretty much it.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Viator (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was done better than ones i had recently and there have been numerous. This was very well put together by the staffing agency and then forwarded onto the hiring manager Jacob.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viator in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screening interview with a recruiter. He realized that I didn't live in SF area after a few minutes, he said he will find out whether I can work remotely or not and will call back in 5 min. I waited for an hour by the phone but he never called me back. There was no email follow up and a call. Very unprofessional.