Vidyo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Corporate Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vidyo (New York, NY).

Interview

Was contacted by an outside recruiter asking about my interest. I had two phone interviews with the recruiter and then three video interviews with Vidyo people. Then I was asked to come in person for a final interview. 2-3 weeks later I was made an offer directly by HR.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vidyo (Hackensack, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

This was by far the worst interview experience that I've ever had. No one guided me through interview set up or scheduling. Thus, I spoke with people ad hoc who were unprepared. My interview times were consistently cancelled and rescheduled without my knowledge. After completing 7 interviews over the course of one week (including one with their CEO), I received no follow up at all for three weeks. Worse yet, my interview-related travel expenses were not covered. I highly recommend that everyone avoid this company at all costs. If my experience is representative of their standard process, then interviewing with Vidyo is a waste of time and money.

Interview Questions

• "Aren't you shy to ask for money."
      "Are you a team player?"   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vidyo (Hackensack, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

The Interview appeared to have gone well. Upon wrapping up the interview, they stated that they wanted me to return to meet with other team members, then when I followed up by email they didn't respond. So I called since emails can end up in SPAM folders or thought they were just busy. When they did answer the phone, I got a rude response. I thought It was just unprofessional. I also felt as though I was being pushed/pressured to accept an offer on the spot. NEVER accept an offer on the spot under any circumstance. I guess b/c I didn't accept the offer on the spot and that I needed time to think about, perhaps that is why they were rude to me when I followed up. Either way, I am glad I am not working there as that type of unprofessional behavior does not bode well with me.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vidyo in December 2016.

Interview

Met with HR first, then head of department I'd be working in and then two other Sr. people. Disorganized questioning and was told twice what my potential title would be and that the person interviewing me (my potential boss) that he was in charge. Very insecure. Had only been there a couple of months too.

Interview Questions

• Was asked three times by three different people if I was married and if I had any children. Was also asked if I lived close to work. T   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vidyo (Hackensack, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I had online video screening first. After 2 weeks, followed with in-person interview for total of 4-5 hours with 4 different people from different departments. I felt it was little unorganized as I had to wait for 1-2 hour to meet with interviewer in between meetings. Nice small size office environment.

Interview Questions

• Overall my resume background and some technical questions. Coding questions about BST trees.   Answer Question

Senior Front-End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vidyo (Hackensack, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

An initial interview conversation with an HR representative, followed by a technical conversation over Vidyo's tele conference software for knowledge assessment. This was rather quick, simple and straight forward. The second part was a take-home test via TestDome. It consisted of 4 timed questions; each question was timed to be solved within 20 minutes. Each question has a detailed outline of a problem to solve, or an interface to develop, as well as TestDome tests the answer for validity. I found this TestDome software to be unorthodox and difficult to use within 20 minutes, which led to not having enough time to write the answer in the 'correct' format, having issues testing correct answers within TestDome, and ultimately lead to Vidyo deciding not to move forward with me based on that.

Interview Questions

• Everything basic regarding CSS/JS/Ajax/JSON/HTML/Promises.

1. Write a function which calculates the average height between two provided Person objects, with height properties.   1 Answer
    • 2. Develop a form with checkboxes and that will output certain conditional messages depending on which checkboxes where checked.   1 Answer

Android Developer Interiew Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vidyo in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewer didn't pay attention during the interview even left for a while. I have answered all the questions and very confident. They just wasted my time. They should've at least respond to my email as a feedback. Very unprofessional.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vidyo (Hackensack, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Short telephone screen and then met with VP of Sales. Met him in their Hackensack, NJ office. Was somewhat rude, answered phone calls and typed into his computer and responded to emails during the interview. Noticed from other Glassdoor interviews had similar experience with him. Primary interest was technical knowledge and how much you can sell. Pretty cut and dry.

Interview Questions

• What other video conferencing systems are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Vidyo.

Interview

Fairly quick and painless. Prompt reply and speedy feedback. Everyone was nice and knowledgeable. Brush up on your technical skills before interviewing and do some background research into what they do.

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

Time consuming, scattered over a couple months due to holidays, numerous interviewers asking varying questions involving sales and technology. After I was told I would receive an offer, a Sr. Executive interjected and said he, too, would like to interview me. I received an offer 3 hours later.

Interview Questions

• What is SSL, What's a Firewall, Tell me about your successes, your failures.   Answer Question