Vimeo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Vimeo

2.7

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Vimeo (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I was referred to the job by a friend. I had a quick phone screen, followed by a writing test, and then was invited on-site for a series of five interviews. I really appreciated meeting everyone in a single afternoon – it was easy to schedule, and I felt very settled in by the time I met the third person interviewing me. The interviews were conversational and surprisingly personal – it was clear that everyone I spoke to had read my writing test and resume, and all the questions were tailored to my professional background.

I was the first person interviewed for the role, and the recruiter did any amazing job of setting my expectations for when I'd hear back, checked in on me weekly to make sure I knew Vimeo were still very interested in my candidacy for the job, and was incredibly attentive whenever I reached out to here. After I got my offer I had some follow up questions about working at Vimeo, and my recruiter quickly put me in touch with the right people to give me answers.

Interview Questions

• How have your previous managers and mentors influenced your style of management?   Answer Question

Associate Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Vimeo (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I met Vimeo at the IAC startup job fair in NYC and gave them my resume. They sent me a coding challenge to do at home. Then I had two phone interviews followed by a four hour on-site visit. They asked a lot of questions about previous work and relatively few obscure algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• One guy asked some weird questions about obscure CSS behavior. He also asked me to write the code for quicksort. Everyone else asked more normal and fair questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate price. I was originally given 5 days to accept the offer and got it up to 7 but was not able to get more days than that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vimeo (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Met with a HR guy first and everything went ok. I was then called for another interview with a Tech Lead he asked me some question, while at the same time he kept fussing how he hate conducting interviews and didn't know the right questions to ask. I got an email saying there weren't going to move forward with me, but what baffled me is the guy was able to make a decision after admitting to hate conducting interviews and didn't even know what questions to ask. It was basically a waste of my time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vimeo.

Interview

The process was about a Month long. The initial process involved a take-home technical assignment. After passing the home assignment, I interviewed with an Engineer over Phone. Then after that interview, I went on-site in NY, was given a tour of the office, and then moved into a conference room for the technical interview. I was interviewed by three different engineers on different teams, each of them gave me a simple problem to talk about and went over my previous work experiences.

The overall interview process seemed pretty solid. The main problem was the Ghosting.
    After spending so much time interviewing with them, and doing their problems, I never got a response back. I sent a follow up email to the recruiter and engineer a week later and still got no reply. This experience was a bit devastating for me, as I had turned down another offer to wait for their reply, only to end up never getting a reply. It actually felt like I never applied to the company at all. This was absolutely disrespectful and unprofessional, especially when I took the time out of my busy schedule and traveled all the way to NY for the interview, you would think you at least deserve a response.

So apply to Vimeo, but take into account that the amount of effort you put into their interview process may be for nothing, not even a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vimeo (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Recruiter was very persistent in asking about who the CEO was. I did not know much about the CEO and he got very upset. If you were to ask me about Tim Cook, I wouldn't be able to tell you much about him.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vimeo in January 2015.

Interview

Vimeo's recruiter, Samer setup a skype interview with their engineer, Alfie. We chatted and agreed on my home assignment. I spent a half day working on the project, and sent them the results. After three weeks, I haven't received any feedback positive or negative. It seems unprofessional and rude. I'd stay away from this company.

Interview Questions

Vimeo Response

Feb 24, 2015 – Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to interview at Vimeo. We're sorry your experience wasn't a positive one. In this instance, we dropped the ball and we apologize.

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vimeo.

Interview

Pretty standard in that a recruiter contacted me for a phone interview, had me to complete a project. Then, no word. Actually, they were quite rude. When I asked for an update the recruiter then said I didn't get it, but when I asked for more info she said she wasn't at liberty to say. I'll never apply there again.

Interview Questions

Vimeo Response

May 14, 2015 – Talent Operations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us. We want all of our candidates to leave the interviewing process feeling the positive Vimeo vibes, so we appreciate your feedback about your... More

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vimeo (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

I was first contacted by a HR representative. They were very easy to talk to, very knowledgeable of the company and very accommodating. The questions were mainly about the pre-requisites for the position. Next, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Once again very friendly conversation, they had more questions related to the day-to-day responsibilities. They were also able to give me a better understanding of the skills required and demands of the position. Afterwards, I was invited to come for face-to-face interviews with various staff members. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes; I met with three people, face-to-face and via Skype. They were very personable, they asked usual questions relating to the position, my skills, my achievements, my reasons to leave current positions etc. The office looks very cool.
    It all happened within two weeks. I got the rejection email one week after.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vimeo (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. The recruiter seemed very excited about the company, about my background and largely sold me on interviewing for the role. After this, I was set up for a phone interview with the hiring manager.

The phone interview with the hiring manager was brief; lasting only 30 minutes. During that, the hiring manager asked me about my background and accomplishments. The hiring manager did not say much and didn't ask any followup questions. I'll also point out that I was not asked any technical questions. Two days later, I received word that Vimeo was not interested.

I've rated this experience neutral because the process was fast and painless. However, I cannot rate this a positive experience because I have no idea how my overall fitness for the role was assessed in 30 minutes and without being asked anything technically relevant to the position. With this in mind, I agree with the hiring manager; this is not a good fit.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vimeo (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with a member of the team and was then called in for a round of 4 on-site interviews. The interviews were all pretty informal, mostly asking about my background, my interest in the company and stories about work i did that was similar to what i would be doing in this role. The atmosphere was very positive and everyone was super nice and informal. A very positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about my background, my interest in the company and stories about work i did that was similar to what i would be doing in this role.   Answer Question