Virtustream Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virtustream (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I had a general phone chat with the hiring manager as I was referred by a colleague I had previously worked with. Just chatted about the role and expectations. Nothing technical .

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virtustream in February 2018.

Interview

Call with recruiter, skype with lead, then team. Then complete radio silence from the recruiter despite being told I i would hear back the next day. Based on other reviews this is their M.O. Don't apply here, don't waste your time unless you want practice with a mediocre, unprofessional company.

Interview Questions

• Describe your technical experience and problem solving. There was no "technical" interview or assessment which i find worrisome.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virtustream.

Interview

One phone call with a recruiter. 2 phone calls with manager and team. Did a coding challenge. Went over it, my resume, and some coding samples. Overall typical interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked in a team and faced difficulties meeting a deadline.   Answer Question

Internal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Virtustream.

Interview

Honestly this might be one of the worst interview experiences I've had with a company in my entire career. I should emphasize that I was contacted by a Virtustream recruiter through LinkedIn, and that they recruited me for a role.

After initial conversations with the recruiter, I was subsequently stood up for a phone interview scheduled with a hiring manager. I never heard back from anyone after, and they didn't even have the common courtesy to write back or apologize. It was extremely unprofessional, and very disrespectful to me as a candidate. I'm quite surprised they're able to fill any roles at this company if this is how they operate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virtustream (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter call, phone interview and on-site interviews. The interview feedback was odd. They rejected me for the same reason which I clearly mentioned from the beginning. They need to define their requirements clearly and should shortlist candidates.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virtustream (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Four phone calls (recruiter, prospective peer and prospective manager and manager's boss) and then face to face with prospective peer. Phone screen was pretty straight forward. The manager screen was intrusive and I wish I had paid more attention to that call - would have turned down the offer if I had. All else was pretty vanilla with the process.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a difficult customer when the customer was promised services outside of the scope agreement.   Answer Question
    • What I felt was most important to get right to ensure a project was successful.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtustream in August 2017.

Interview

About six interviews which took place over approximately a month. Everyone I spoke to was friendly, candid and respectful. Ultimately I opted out of the process to pursue a different path but I was left with a very positive impression of the company and its people.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtustream (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Fairly quick - had 3 interviews with a variety of management.. The hiring process was very quick.

Negotiation

easy

VP Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Virtustream.

Interview

The interview process extended over several weeks and consisted of phone screenings, on-site interviews, followed by additional in person interviews. The process allowed me to meet with most of the senior leadership of the company. I was helpful for both Virtustream and me to get a good feel for whether or not this would be a fit.

Manager - No Direct Reports Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtustream (Bethesda, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

A couple of phone interviews, then a face to face.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Told them to make me best offer possible and they came in above expectation