Vistakon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vistakon Interview Questions

2.9

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called for a screen interview with a HR Specialist. Questions were mostly behavioral and what caught my eye from the job posting. The behavioral ones were regarding team work and so on. After that interview, which went excellently well, I was informed that the HR Specialist's notes would be passed down to the Hiring Manager. About four (4) days after that, the hiring manager emailed asking for a date to perform a 30 minute phone screening. We settled on it and when the day came, the questions were purely process based and knowledge based. No behavioral questions. Just checking how much you know and how you perform process improvements.

Interview Questions

• What tools for continuous improvement have you used? Give me an example of when you have used thee tools and the outcome   1 Answer
    • What is your knowledge towards process characterization?   1 Answer
    • How much knowledge do you have with mini tab and stat graphics?   1 Answer
    • Have you conducted a process capability?   1 Answer

Client Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through a staffing agency. Had an over the phone interview and was invited to do a face to face interview. Did face to face interview, had a chance to sit with a tenured representative to see what they did on a day to day basis. Very professional and laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with a co worker that was doing something that was against policy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Co-op Enginert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Emphasis on what you have done in the past. Make sure you can talk a lot about everything that you put on your resume. Management is very friendly, so don't be intimidated. Try to research the credo of Johnson & Johnson so that you may talk about it. Make sure you know what interested you in the company. All other questions were textbook interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with completing a project, and what were some hurdles that you had to overcome.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

It was really casual with no technical questions. Mostly a get to know you and behavioral questions. There were two men that interviewed me, and they were very friendly and chill.

It took a long a couple of months from after I accepted the position to get my background check back.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Went through a hiring agency kelly services and interviewed with kelly services first then got a chance to interview with Vistakon. Basic and scenario questions were asked. They were looking for detailed scenarios. I thought it went very well. I waited a couple weeks and didnt hear anything so contactes Kelly Services about the position and was told it was filled. A couple weeks later Kelly Services contacted me that another position opened and they want to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you overcame a difficult situation? What makes you a perfect fit for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistakon.

Interview

2 with district manager, 1 field ride with current representative, 1 with regional director (fly to Jacksonville), 1 more for offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received negative feedback from a customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Refuted first offer, had to show proof of last company's offer to get then to come close to meeting my old salary. They did come close though so I accepted.

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews mostly which did not pertain to my specific position but more of what kind of person I was and general business information like what is GMP (good manufacturing procedures) and what is six sigma. What were my goals in the company and a basic rundown of past employment and qualifications. You have to start at this company as a temp employee with Kelly services and work full time you have two years to prove your worth and get hired on permanent. So some of the questions deal with what you have accomplished so far.

Interview Questions

• What is six sigma and how does it pertain to you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

What my pay would be. What was expected of me and was told of all the benefits I would receive when hired on really wasn't any negotiating all process tech start at the same level and the more you learn and how quick the faster you move up in the company.

Internal Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Similar to any other experience. Know your resume and about the company. Give some real life examples. You should be fine. Don't forget to bring samples of your writing with you.

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

It was just a bit of a wait to hear back after applying to a position, only because of the background check process! Over-all, not bad at all when I compare it to my interview with a bank for a P.B. Postion. ( Banks don't play around! ) of coarse I was still nervous when I went in for the interview. Considering, it's one of the largest companies in the world. Like all other interviews, if you do your homework and preparation then you should not have a problem! They strongly encourage promotion from within the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have good vision and a posses a little above average mechanical understanding.   1 Answer
    • Can a person apply without any experience? Do they train you or expect you to hit the ground running?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's not much to bargain, pretty much everything down to how much you make, to when you are capable of getting raises and reaching bonuses etc...

Optical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vistakon in May 2012.

Interview

A recruiter for Vistakon got in touch with me while I was working for a direct competitor. I believe I was about 2 years into my job, and although it seemed like Vistakon's opening was a position at about the same level, I kept an open mind and a phone interview was scheduled. Initially, it was with a manager type who's name I forgot, but a couple hours before the scheduled interview, it was changed to an optical engineer named Greg. Greg told me during the interview that he goes way back with my PhD advisor which was good news as I thought we could then go deeper in our conversation. However, upon talking to my PhD advisor the next day, he said he never heard of him, and I remain confused till this day.

Interview Questions

• There was really only one question: why are you most excited about for this position? Most of the conversation was basically navigating around my current work at the time, and since I couldn't disclose any of it, it made for some awkward, interesting, and challenging conversation.   1 Answer