Vistakon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vistakon Interview Questions

Interviews at Vistakon

2.9

Optical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vistakon in May 2012.

Interview

A recruiter for Vistakon got in touch with me while I was working for a direct competitor. I believe I was about 2 years into my job, and although it seemed like Vistakon's opening was a position at about the same level, I kept an open mind and a phone interview was scheduled. Initially, it was with a manager type who's name I forgot, but a couple hours before the scheduled interview, it was changed to an optical engineer named Greg. Greg told me during the interview that he goes way back with my PhD advisor which was good news as I thought we could then go deeper in our conversation. However, upon talking to my PhD advisor the next day, he said he never heard of him, and I remain confused till this day.

Interview Questions

• There was really only one question: why are you most excited about for this position? Most of the conversation was basically navigating around my current work at the time, and since I couldn't disclose any of it, it made for some awkward, interesting, and challenging conversation.   1 Answer

Internal Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Similar to any other experience. Know your resume and about the company. Give some real life examples. You should be fine. Don't forget to bring samples of your writing with you.

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was multiply steps. First apply on line. After around a month or two, a phone interview was setup. Had a phone interview, then 2 weeks later an onsite interview.

R&D Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistakon in April 2007.

Interview

I had an interview at at conference, then a follow up phone interview and was offered the position within a week. Everyone is pretty nice there and friendly. The work was pretty easy and everyone seemed laid back. I only was there for a few months as an intern, so I may have a limited perception.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance when you saved your company large sums of money.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2008.

Interview

I was initially called for a phone interview after my application was found on-line. BAsed on my performanace I was flown to Florida for a face to face interview, where I was interview by about people over the course of the day ranging form HR, the hiring manager and people from other divisions. I was asked about my doctorate and and talked about how I could relate it to my job. The people were great and I often wonder if I made the right decision about turning it down, but, se la vie.

It was a tough decision between two very good opportunities. Ultimately, I chse to decline the posotion beacue of the location and the liklihood that my wife would be able to find meaningful work as well. She was interview at Vistakon and was well received, but without a clear understanding of wnat was to happen I did not feel comfortable with the move.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

It was really casual with no technical questions. Mostly a get to know you and behavioral questions. There were two men that interviewed me, and they were very friendly and chill.

It took a long a couple of months from after I accepted the position to get my background check back.

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

It was just a bit of a wait to hear back after applying to a position, only because of the background check process! Over-all, not bad at all when I compare it to my interview with a bank for a P.B. Postion. ( Banks don't play around! ) of coarse I was still nervous when I went in for the interview. Considering, it's one of the largest companies in the world. Like all other interviews, if you do your homework and preparation then you should not have a problem! They strongly encourage promotion from within the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have good vision and a posses a little above average mechanical understanding.   1 Answer
    • Can a person apply without any experience? Do they train you or expect you to hit the ground running?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's not much to bargain, pretty much everything down to how much you make, to when you are capable of getting raises and reaching bonuses etc...

Client Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through a staffing agency. Had an over the phone interview and was invited to do a face to face interview. Did face to face interview, had a chance to sit with a tenured representative to see what they did on a day to day basis. Very professional and laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with a co worker that was doing something that was against policy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistakon.

Interview

2 with district manager, 1 field ride with current representative, 1 with regional director (fly to Jacksonville), 1 more for offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received negative feedback from a customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Refuted first offer, had to show proof of last company's offer to get then to come close to meeting my old salary. They did come close though so I accepted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistakon (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Went through a hiring agency kelly services and interviewed with kelly services first then got a chance to interview with Vistakon. Basic and scenario questions were asked. They were looking for detailed scenarios. I thought it went very well. I waited a couple weeks and didnt hear anything so contactes Kelly Services about the position and was told it was filled. A couple weeks later Kelly Services contacted me that another position opened and they want to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you overcame a difficult situation? What makes you a perfect fit for this position?   Answer Question