VoiceBase Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at VoiceBase

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VoiceBase (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I really enjoyed my interview with the VoiceBase software engineering team. My interview panel was a mix of experienced engineers and seasoned product managers. We talked about architecture/design patterns, 'gotchas' of using several specific software frameworks, practical challenges scaling and evolving distributed data processing systems, RESTful API design and implementation etc. All of the interviewers showed a genuine interest in my past experience. One of the 1-hr sessions was dedicated to solving an interesting distributed computing problem, starting from a simple local-memory version and adding more and more depth to it incrementally, touching most of the fundamentals of modern distributed computing. Finally, I got a chance to talk to the VP of Engineering - and I was impressed by his technical vision for the emerging 'Big Voice' industry and the VoiceBase strategy.

Interview Questions

• Implement an algorithm to minimize a sum of two variables over a large distributed collection of floating values   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VoiceBase (San Francisco, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

I interviewed in July 2018. After a phone screen, I was given a take-home assignment to analyze part of the product to discuss during the onsite interview. Hiring manager was very responsive while I was working on the assignment, it took several hours to prepare in-depth analysis and solutions. When I came to the office I had a 30 min conversation about my prior experience with an engineering guy. After that I had 45 min product interview which went beyond 1.5 hours, I agreed to stay longer it seems like we were covering interesting topics for the company.
    And then guess what, I never heard back from VoiceBase again. I followed up and still no response.

Interview Questions