Voyage Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Voyage Care Interview Questions

Interviews at Voyage Care

2.3

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wallsend, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Voyage Care (Wallsend, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online few days later ask to come in for an interview.
    had my interview .. found out I got the job and then it took Like 6-8 weeks for my starting date.. had problems with my reference due to voyage office but I was not the only one.
    Always needing to Chase head office about them. After the 6-8weeks of waiting for my start date I finally started work.

Interview Questions

Voyage Care Response

Apr 28, 2016 – Resourcing Manager

We're sorry to hear that you had a delay to your start date. We cannot have any employees join us until we have completed a DBS check as well as received references, due to the vulnerability of the... More

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Voyage Care (Hinckley, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was made to wait 45 minutes before they interviewed me, service manager and team leader interviewed me with the service user id be supporting present, explained the company very well, went through my CV and asked lots of questions was made to feel very comfortable

Interview Questions

• If a support user was to offer you a gift for your help, what do you do?   1 Answer

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dewsbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Voyage Care (Dewsbury, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I had applied twice before. They seemed very rushed when I arrived, 1 lady was too busy to attend from the beginning. Nobody introduced themselves, but they seemed nice. We sat in their kitchen for the interview. We went over my CV month by month, explaining all gaps. Then they asked a lot of support work related questions and situations, to see how caring I am. No trick questions.
    Everything was explained, nice chat, answered my questions with lots of details. They asked me to come back with a folder I needed to fill in at home and including some paperwork, but I received a mail telling me that I was unsuccesfull before I could do so.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you dealt with an irrate customer.   1 Answer
    • How would you communicate with a person who can not talk, write or point?   Answer Question

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nuneaton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Voyage Care (Nuneaton, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by a senior and service manager and asked me about myself etc and a couple of situation questions. Had a relaxed chat and didn't seem nervous, explained the job role thoroughly and went into detail about it. Introduced themselves as well.

Interview Questions

• If someone came up to you and told you someone was hitting them but told you not to tell anyone, what would you do?   1 Answer

Support Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Voyage Care.

Interview

I applied online and had a response a few weeks later for an interview.

I was interviewed in an office by two staff and asked routine questions of what I had done before and why I applied for the job.

I was then listed many particular illnesses and conditions (many I had not heard of) and asked if I had any understanding or experience of them.

The interview lasted about 15 -20 minutes and I heard back 2 weeks later I had the job

Interview Questions

• You have to be quite firm with people sometimes and may even need to shout at pws how would you feel about this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negoting

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hereford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Voyage Care (Hereford, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

The job I interviewed for was far more different than the job I did daily... I believe they didn't tell me the true extent of challenging behaviour I was to witness and to provide support for. I felt that I wasn't fully informed of what was expected of me or what I could expect from working with autism.

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Voyage Care (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

After the interview I was offered the job and I've accepted, very relaxed attitude, friendly, really enjoyed my interview
    I have been ask to come back to have a show around as they were having back to back interviews.
    All documents were copied on the same day to speed up the CRB For my contract and start date.

Support Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Voyage Care in March 2014.

Interview

meet and greet, answer a few questions, have a cup of tea and have a chat to the managers staff and people we support then walk around the home talk some more

Interview Questions

• just the basic generic questions that you usually get at an interview   Answer Question

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Voyage Care (Chesterfield, England (UK)).

Interview

Hiring, applied online phone call asking me to attend interview, met service users on the day and they greeted me very well, also sat in my interview and could ask their own questions.

Interview Questions

• "what's a situation where you had to think on your feet?"   1 Answer

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sleaford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Voyage Care (Sleaford, England (UK)).

Interview

Quick and relaxed process.
    Friendly and chilled atmosphere.
    The tenants were involved and allowed to ask questions.
    I was able to look around a meet all the tenants in there homes.
    Explained the salary and shift patterns, annual leave.