Vungle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East China, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vungle (East China, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Techincal Resource manager call me from wechat , and we talk about the position, and She let me know what normal work will this job execute, and metioned it need worker work close with customer and engineer, and communicate with sales , to help deal done,

Interview Questions

• do you have experience of working close with customer and sales   Answer Question

Mar 1, 2017 – VP, People

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We really appreciate it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vungle (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

They have a very nice team. Great people!! The process is very prompt and responsive. I was able to wrap up everything in 2 weeks. There would few rounds of phone screens, and then a couple of rounds during the onsite interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vungle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial screen, contact, and communication with recruiter was awesome and fast. Set me up for technical phone interviews almost right away.

interview1: asked some pretty vanilla programming questions. Interviewer was 95% silent
    interview2: another standard programming problem. Interviewer was from a different team and didn't have much to talk about with respect to the position I was pursuing.

Unfortunately, I received no feedback from the phone interviews other than that we wouldn't be moving forward. For a company that emphasizes culture and openness so heavily, I found this very strange.

Interview Questions

• omitting technical problems out of respect for their interview process. it was all standard stuff - know your computer science core   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through linkedIn and received a call fairly quickly. They had 4 rounds of phone screening and even after that they were not able to decide. I guess they are short of money, they want to make sure they have right candidate before they bring them onsite. But i did feel their approach was a little unprofessional . They never got back on time after the interview. I had to ask them several times for the feedback. Also, they have very in-experienced developers on their team, most of them with less than 2 years of experience. I also felt they are a bit racist! None of the interview questions were difficult, if you have been preparing for other software interviews you should be good.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, they asked questions related to binary search, dictionaries etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vungle (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

HR phone screen interview first, integrate one of my application into their SDK test, whiteboard coding and Skype interview ( they can see me, but I can not see them since they told me the it was broken or malfunction) with the hiring manager, for two questions which lasted about 45 min.

Interview Questions

• extend an embedded (multidimensional ArrayList) into one ArrayList;   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vungle in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through the website. Initial call never went through due some technical difficulties. Recruiter claimed she called me and it went to voicemail, but I did not receive any missed calls on my phone. Granted, this is noone's fault - attempted to reschedule a second phone interview. Delayed and cryptic responses followed by the recruiter and then radio silence; despite her telling me she'd send me another interview slot request time.

Overall, very disappointed with the professionalism coming out of this process. Was very excited about the opportunity but the recruiter did not reciprocate.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vungle (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Spoke with a Recruiter. A week later, I sent a follow-up message to the Recruiter. Nothing. Given that I was local, worked in the space and have a connection to the organization, I was hoping for more--even if it was an automated rejection.

Interview Questions

Vungle Response

Apr 9, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

I was the recruiter for this role and I really appreciate your feedback and apologize you had that experience. In practice, I follow up with all of my candidates, so your feedback fell through the... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vungle (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Met with the CEO who seemed to care more about bragging about himself and his financial status than actually interviewing me. He seemed ultra competitive and said he had ambitions of buying Facebook. It was a weird interview.

Interview Questions

Vungle Response

Nov 13, 2017 – VP, People

Thank you for taking the time to post. Since you say interview was almost a year ago, we have a new CEO and the Marketing job wasn’t open then, I’m not sure that I can respond well to this posting... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vungle (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Vungle has a 5-6 stage interview process which is off-putting and rather ridiculous. One has to prepare a 30 minute presentation and respond to a test questionnaire in one of the early stages

Interview Questions

• I was being allocated an interview session with a team member that was relatively quite junior. I do question the rationale and validity of that.   Answer Question

Dec 27, 2016 – VP, People

I’m sorry you had a bad experience with us. It does sound like the process was cumbersome and I will look into what happened.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vungle (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Vungle is definitely a fun company with a great product, and has lots of room for growth which is what struck my interest in the first place, but they can improve on their recruiting practices. After 4 separate interviews and doing my part of preparing and sending my thank-you notes, I was left with no final answer about whether or not I had received the position. I attempted to contact them on three separate occasions (trying not to over do it) and I was told by the recruiter, "The hiring manager still interested in you for the role and has not moved on with other candidates to the offer stage but is still in a bit of a holding pattern." I never heard from the recruiter or hiring manager again. Who knows, perhaps the hold was removed and they made the decision to move forward and I'll receive my official "thank you for your interest, but we've decided to move on with other candidates, etc. etc." I never knew how comforting one of those rejection letters could be when you are left waiting with no answer for multiple weeks.

Interview Questions

• If you were able to sell Vungle's product into a brand new vertical, what would it be and how would you sell it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vungle (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

technical phone interview and in-person interview with 3 people.
    Very young team, I think everyone was below 27-28 years.
    It seemed that there is a good amount of attrition from the company.
    Just didn't get a good vibe on visiting their office - people seemed stress, office full at 7pm, tiny bit of arrogance.
    Didn't seem like a good company for 30 something family guy.

The interview itself was straight forward and they asked mid to easy questions compared to MSFT, Google, FB.

Interview Questions

Vungle Response

Mar 15, 2016 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time to provide us feedback about your interview at Vungle!

We are proud that our organization is full of incredibly hard working individuals with a passion for our... More