WAC Lighting Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WAC Lighting Company Interview Questions

2.7

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WAC Lighting Company (Great Neck, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was unprofessional.
    The 2 people in HR seem that they do not want to add a member to their team. The ad has been posted for months and they have interviewed many qualified candidates.
    They put the same ad in for 2 different positions.
    The owners should be involved with this interview process.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your previous company   1 Answer

Materials Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WAC Lighting Company (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume by a friend, then got interveiw 2 days later. There were three steps in the my process. First, the HR contacted me and asked some basic behavior questions and gave some introduce about the company. The whole process took 15 min. The second steps interviewed with the hire manager. The hire manager asked a lot of previous professional exprience and some career plan for the company. We took more than one hour I think. In the third step, I interviewed with a senior engineer, he talked about some projects they were designing. Then asked some skill questions related the projects. I didn't familiar with the details so I think I didn't give a good response. I got rejection 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• 1. If you were selected, what do you think you will be after three year?
      2. How's your skills or exprience be used in lighting products?
      3. Talk about the thermal film.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WAC Lighting Company (Port Washington, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very nice people thought the company. The interview with HR is very informative. After, they ask you to perform 2 simples tests to assess your skills. The whole process takes about 4 hours. They ask you come back to meet executives, if the first round went well.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WAC Lighting Company.

Interview

I first met with the HR recruiter at my school
    I soon found out it was a full-time position and I was ineligible as I was only a junior
    We traded information and kept in touch over the year
    When I graduated I contacted the HR recruiter
    They reimbursed my travel expenses for an interview on Long Island at their office
    There was a quick tour of the place that then lead to three rounds of interviews
    One from HR, one from Sales, and another long-time manager
    The HR interview went over my past experience as well as a possible sales pitch I've used in the past
    The other two interviews were mainly them telling me about how the company works and what a typical day in the life looks like

Interview Questions

• What was the sales pitch you used to customers from your past job experience?   Answer Question

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at WAC Lighting Company (Torrance, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Preliminary interview had basic questions. The candidate would move from the preliminary interview on the phone to an interview in person. The HR is scouting through resumes and will look for people who have their resume up on the internet and contact them based on their assets. However, the HR was a little busy so there was a lot of lag time between the preliminary interview. It was unclear if the interview was still going to happen or what was going on.

Interview Questions

• Preferred salary.
      What you like about the website?
      How you felt about the job description.
      What you have done at your previous jobs.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at WAC Lighting Company.

Interview

Right form the top management to the HR, everyone is extremely CONFUSED. I was initially interviewed for a Business Development role and then for a Market Research opening and finally for a Product Manager position.

The entire interview process took close to 5 months and was finally REJECTED. The HR barely seems to know her job well enough, she asked me to send her follow up e-mails about my selection. Seriously! I thought it was a part of her job to inform me, whether I was rejected or selected.

Lastly, the President is not even courteous enough to reply and confirm receipt of any e-mail, and when she does, she says something as silly as:

“Thank you. Nice work. The videos have taken some time to download. We will get back to you.”

NOTE: This is after 2 weeks of sending her the material she had requested for. How can a link take 2 weeks to download?

What annoys me the most about this experience is the un-organized structure and that they wasted my time and made me drive down four times (3.5 hour commute, round) and kept me hanging and finally tell me they want to interview internal candidates, as it’s their company policy… Wow! Why did they not think of this earlier? So disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Everything was behavioural and basic. Nothing difficult.   1 Answer

Order Processing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at WAC Lighting Company (Port Washington, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume and heard back within a day or so. We had a brief phone interview and scheduled a face to face for later in the week. I met with HR and my direct supervisor the first interview, and then the VP of HR on my second interview. They also asked me to take an online typing test, which was fairly easy, and a general behavioral test. It was made aware during the interview with my potential direct supervisor that it was a demanding fast paced work environment and that overtime was mandatory when needed.

Interview Questions

• General questions, previous work experiences, what you could offer, etc.   Answer Question

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WAC Lighting Company (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

First job out of college...uncovered opportunity at a career fair. Super friendly, gave me a quick follow-up call. Then once I passed the phone screening, I went in for a personal 1:1 interview. From there, heard back in around a week...then met with the VP...very involved company with a lot of passion.

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WAC Lighting Company (Garden City, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

You'll meet with HR
    You'll meet with a few sales manager.
    You might meet with the woman who runs customer service call center.
    FYI---You will be working in a call center for at least a year, do not forgot that.

Interview Questions

• They're going to determine your friendliness, so as soon as you walk through that door have a smile and be energetic...before you get to the receptionist.

They're going to ask you cliche questions like sell me this pen.

Expect uncomfortable hypothetical scenarios they want you to solve.   Answer Question

Business Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WAC Lighting Company in October 2012.

Interview

I applied though our school career website and it's an on campus 1 to 1 first round interview. Basically they go over every single experiences on my resume. About 30 mins in totally.