WD-40 Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WD-40 Company Interview Questions

3.5

TSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WD-40 Company (Charlotte, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

After the application the second step is to complete an online wed cam interview. Short answer's are the rule. Next step is an in person interview with the hiring manager. good benefit's and compensation package.

Interview Questions

• Had to define a sales measurable that I was unsure of. Marginal contribution and marginal percent, want is the preferred growth.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WD-40 Company.

Interview

Bring your A-Game and matrices/examples of previous projects.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to complete the projects we have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you want to negotiate - you should negotiate using statistics that make sense to an employer.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WD-40 Company (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Very slow, but good people.

HR phone screen, several weeks later hiring manager phone interview. HR was never able to determine next steps or get feedback from the manager.

2 weeks after nothing from HR I get a package, hand written note and product samples. Not moving forward with the process but a very classy move, hopefully it means they're a good company.

Very standard questions, only one that was unique was "Example of a time you were in a situation where someone was doing something unethical".

Interview Questions

• Example of a time you were in a situation where someone was doing something unethical.   Answer Question

Nov 30, 2016 – Global Director of Talent Acquistion

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you enjoyed our small token of our appreciation for your time and for considering WD-40 Company in your career search. Best wishes for continued success.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WD-40 Company (San Diego, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

Very nice people.

Salary

Nov 30, 2016 – Global Director of Talent Acquistion

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad you had a positive experience with our tribe members. #PositiveLastingMemories.

Customer Service Representative Sydney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epping, New South Wales (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WD-40 Company (Epping, New South Wales (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through Linked in on a Monday, had a call and phone interview, about 20 mins, from a recruitment agency two days later. The next week I spoke again to the recruitment agency on the Tuesday, secured an interview with the company for the next day. -That was 90 mins and after the first hour I met three of the people that would be working with the person who eventually accepted the role. And I received feedback the next day. All up it was a quick process for me, less than two weeks, but the interview was very long and the questions weren't great.
    Also, weirdly, they kept saying repeatedly in the interview and also from what they promote on their company websites, that they wanted to hire someone that fit really well with their company and that they would hire more based on that than experience necessarily. However that was not the case in practice as the feedback I received was that they liked me, but they chose to go with someone with more exact experience, as they didn't want to wait for me to learn the software they use.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about you. ... your likes dislikes, your family, what you do on the weekend
      Volunteering, asked me where I did that.
      Questions about my resume, about previous roles, etc...
      What is your biggest weakness?
      What are you looking for in a role?
      How do you prioritise your competing tasks?
      What is customer service to you?
      From what you know about the role, how long before you would need or want a change in your role and your work?
      Answer Question
    • How will you travel to work?   1 Answer
    • If you could spend an hour with any person dead or alive who would it be?
      If you were stuck alone on a desert island and could only eat one type of food what would it be?
      1 Answer
    • How will you deal with working in a small team?   Answer Question
    • What's your understanding of customer service? What do you see as the key attributes for success in this role?
      How do you deal with conflict in the workplace?
      What is the biggest motivation for you staying in roles?
      What is your worst experience in a job so far? How do you cope with that?
      In your previous roles have you had experience with working within procedures?
      1 Answer

Nov 30, 2016 – Global Director of Talent Acquistion

Thank you for your interest in our Customer Service Representative position. We appreciated the time you afforded interviewing with us, answering our questions and for your insights provided by way ... More

Supply Chain Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WD-40 Company in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people - all very nice people.
    Mostly behavioral questions and some job-specific questions.