WHSmith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WHSmith Interview Questions

Interviews at WHSmith

2.1

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at WHSmith (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in June 2020.

Interview

I applied online via the website and received a phone call for a face to face interview 3 days later. Very unprofessional handling of the interview with the store manager not present for the arranged time. The applicant portal was not useful at all in providing me with any updates on my progress.

Interview Questions

Interview

Low response from hr to call for interview and incorrect information about the interview session
    Offer letter is also lately issued
    Delhi hr will be deducted salary for his liable purpose

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WHSmith (Gatwick, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

Really calm and casual interview. A few questions about your hobbies and what you do in your free time as well as questions related to WHSmith and some scenarios

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WHSmith.

Interview

I applied online, interviewed within the week and was offered the job 4 days after my interview. The interview was an informal chat with the manager with a few basic questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you treat a mystery shopper if one came into the store?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Very easy general questions. Asked about personality, any previous experience from other roles, why i wanted the role, what pay i expected, also asked about WHSmith and what i knew about the company

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WHSmith.

Interview

Online assessment on application, top 12 chosen to attend a group interview. Various tasks undergone such as maths and literacy test then paired work for a role play task. Took about an hour overall.

Work Experience Interview

Interview

Submitted a work experience application form, which was approved by my school. On the first day of the work experience I was interviewed in the back room and asked a few questions so I could practice my interview skills.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WHSmith (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Met outside the main WHSmith store with other candidates. Very friendly. Led inside to offices where we had a group exercise. Got into pairs and asked to rank tasks according to priority. Then got invited back to 1-2-1 interviews.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WHSmith (Leicester, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

Very easy process, fill out an online application, this is followed by a group assessment which is fairly simple. In this group assessment you sit around a table and carry out tasks like introducing yourself to others, you also have to do a scenario.

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview was one on one with the manager, lasted about half an hour and was very relaxed. I didn't have to do a maths test, which I was concerned about as others have mentioned they had. I would recommend that you do some research about the company, although it shouldn't have to be in depth, as they do ask what you know about WHSmith.