Cover image for WP Engine

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

WP Engine Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 144 of over 144 interviews

Employee Referral11%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

WP Engine

Application

I interviewed at WP Engine

Interview

Very long process. It was a three month long process. Several levels of interviews over weeks of no activity. The feed back from each stage was positive and they keep you engaged but the process length caused me to lose out in other options.

Interview Questions
  • Situational example given to validate your skill set.
    Answer Question

WP Engine

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WP Engine in Sep 2022

Interview

I was strung along by a recruiter and then my interview got canceled at the last minute. It felt like a waste of my time. I was scheduled for the next round and it was canceled soon before.

Interview Questions
  • The interview with the recruiter was standard behavioral stuff, but it ultimately felt like a waste of my time. I was scheduled for the next round and it was canceled soon before.

The latest conversations about Tech

70 Comments

Tech

457.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=WP Engine~594498
Join the conversation on

WP Engine

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WP Engine

Interview

It was a phone screen where you asked you how you heard about them and also detailed the responsiblility of the postion and also went over the work environment and pay rate.

Interview Questions
  • Are you familiar with word press

WP Engine

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WP Engine

Interview

Collaborative, friendly process. Interview questions were well within the norm, some case study/ whiteboarding sessions. It seemed natural, not too scripted. Overall almost a little boring but that also tells you something.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WP Engine

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at WP Engine

Interview

I went through 7 rounds of interviews. Poor communication from recruiter, lots of issues with their video, random cancellations and would go 7+ days without hearing. Didn’t get the role and they didn’t even call after a significant amount of time invested.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WP Engine

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WP Engine in Jul 2022

Interview

Standard Process as 1 interview with hiring manager and next 4 technical and cultural fit rounds. Very good experience with all interviewee but they were brought in from different team and there was lack of clarity about role and what coding language they were looking for. My resume stats that I have experience with Java but they were finding Go lang when I got the all thumps up and so I declined the offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WP Engine

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WP Engine in Jul 2022

Interview

Recruiter was very nice, communicative and helpful. I loved everyone I spoke with. The entire process was very pleasant and I felt relaxed through every stage. There was a final presentation I spent several hours preparing a presentation for, but I probably could have made a powerpoint in an hour if I cut corners. Unfortunately the salary and sales target were much less than I make in my current role.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you looking to leave your current company? What do you know about us and our product? Tell us about yourself and your values

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at WP Engine (Chicago, IL) in May 2022

Interview

Worst recruitment/interview experience of my career. I was in the process for 2.5 months total, 5 interviews (my final round was 3 back-to-back 30-minute interviews). 6 weeks after my final round of interviews, I was told that there was a hiring freeze at the company so they were no longer looking to fill the role. I was told this not through the recruiter but through a former colleague that works in that department. It was extremely frustrating because a month prior, I was told by the recruiter everyone loved me and wanted to extend an offer a month into the process and that "an offer hopefully be coming later that week"). After that, the recruiter never touched base with me again. It's been days and still, the recruiter never reached out to me to let me know the news. If I didn't have a personal relationship with someone in the department, I wonder if I would have ever been told the news or if I would have just been ghosted.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience supporting sales? How do you engage with other teams to get projects across the finish line? How do you effectively target the right people with your messaging and drive sales through your marketing efforts? How do you make data-driven decisions by collectively looking at all the marketing channels you are using?
2 people found this interview helpful

WP Engine

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WP Engine

Interview

The process started with a Phone interview/screening, which lasted about 30 minutes give or take. I made it to the Video interview process which was split between two one hour sessions.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for WP Engine? Which Core value did you identify with or like?

WP Engine

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WP Engine in May 2022

Interview

Phone screen -> Manager interview -> Final interviews There were 3 scheduled interview sessions, with the last round being a series of 3 interviews. The whole process was handled super well and they were very communicative.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 144 Interviews

WP Engine Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at WP Engine as 40.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.69 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Technical Support Level I and Technical Support Specialist rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Software Engineer(Internship) roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at WP Engine takes an average of 25 days when considering 155 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Tech Support had the quickest hiring process (on average 9 days), whereas Technical Support Level I roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 67 days).

Common stages of the interview process at WP Engine according to 155 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 32.26%