Wanzek Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wanzek Construction

Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Wanzek Construction (Portland, OR) in August 2012.

Interview

The human resource manager called me for a phone interview, basically, telling me where to be with no salary mentioned. This process could have used much improvement. Human Resource Department is not interested in really hiring competent potential.

Interview Questions

• The project Manager was wonderful, however, the site seem very tense at times. The work life balance is extremely strained due to long hours and deadlines.   1 Answer

Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wanzek Construction (Portland, OR) in August 2012.

Interview

Basically word of mouth, I believe this keeps them from negotiating salary demands. Also, this does not give qualified people privileges. Experience is emphasized, so explain why do they tells us Education is the key.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wanzek Construction (Denver, CO) in June 2018.

Interview

Lengthy application online. Spoke to one person over the phone. They quickly sent an offer but were terrible in responding to any questions about the offer (most every HR person you will speak to in in West Fargo not local) - took weeks to get a response either via email or phone for clarification about an offer. Told me they’d have work for at least a year and expected additional work. Was told multiple times they would keep me busy in the corporate office till the next contract came (estimating, scheduling, training) - worked there for 7 weeks and they laid me off because they didn’t have enough work - didn’t have the contract for the work they claimed to have had.

I enjoyed working there and would strongly consider working there again but I would include in any future job offer a minimum length of employment and compensation agreement based on that. Or possibly wording that would include severance pay if there was lack of work due to them overselling how much work they actually had under contract.

Project Controls Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wanzek Construction (Fargo, ND) in September 2010.

Interview

Hired by the Vice President of Industrial Construction with the goal of establishing the Minot office supporting the Western North Dakota Region

Interview Questions

• Relocation and will the wife come with me   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy and got what I wanted and the conditions I desired.

Field Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wanzek Construction in January 2019.

Interview

Received a phone call missed the first call. Called back their office in Fargo two times left voicemails they finally called me back. Quick 30 minute phone interview. Asking general questions. I’m expecting another phone interview according to the HR person which will be the 2nd process of the interview and will be more formal.
    Working Schedule and Salary was mentioned.

Skilled Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wanzek Construction (Fargo, ND) in August 2018.

Interview

i felt comfortable and relaxed in the interview......Had a really good talk and covered all of the questions and answers i had. Very understanding too. Im likening my new job and being with the company.

Interview Questions

• years worked in the field and skills.   1 Answer