Washington Hospital Healthcare System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washington Hospital Healthcare System Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Washington Hospital Healthcare System

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington Hospital Healthcare System.

Interview

Basically and interrogation. They have several people in a panel lined up to fire questions at you and then have a hard time explaining what they are talking about. They are not clear on the benefits offered. The explanation of the onboarding process was terrifying.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in (a rare and hypothetical scenario).   Answer Question

Did not like the poor feedback received from other employees on the real situation. They are prone to frequently cut staff, not a very warm and fuzzy feeling here.

IS Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Hospital Healthcare System (Fremont, CA).

Interview

The EA contacted me for an interview and not HR so there was no initial phone interview. The first round of interviews was panel style consisting of management personnel who would be my peers as well as my future manager. After the interview I received a call from the EA the next day saying they wanted to bring me back to talk to additional people. The people in the second round would be people who would report to me as well as other people in the department I would work with. So after a few days I received a call and was asked to come back again to talk to some more people. The hiring manager wanted the staff to know what they were getting and he wanted me to know what I was getting into. So in total there were 3 rounds of interviews talking to a total of 14 people (Round 1 - 7, Round 2 - 4, Round 3 - 3).

After the third round of interviews things started to move real slow. The hiring manager called every few days to indicate that "paperwork" had to be routed and signed and background checks had t be conducted. It was probably 3 weeks from the end of the third round interviews before an offer was officially extended.

Interview Questions

• Since this was a hospital there were people who belonged to unions and one interviewer asked if there was a strike would I be sympathetic to the union or cross the picket line?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Somehow the offer came in at exactly what I was making at my previous company and it was either a coincidence or the hiring manager had connections to find out my previous salary. I say this because my offer was not a round number salary offer. There were no stock options or signing bonus to negotiate for but I was able to negotiate health benefits to start on day 1 instead of after the normal 90 day probation period.

Staff Nurse II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Hospital Healthcare System (Fremont, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Informally conducted by nursing manger. Was asked about goals and flexibility of schedule. Feedback from coworkers was included. Skills, licenses and training reviewed. Probationary period and expectations reviewed. Informal offer made then contacted the same day with formal offer from HR who will give you salary information, which is based on years of experience.