Washington University in St. Louis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washington University in St. Louis Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.6

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis.

Interview

After sending emails to the professor I hope to work with, I scheduled a short meeting with him. We talked about courses I took, the grade I got, and some relevant experience I had and so on.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Was emailed by a physician for a phone interview three days after I applied online. Had the phone interview two days later after being contacted. Set up an in person interview on the phone at the end of the phone interview for the following week.

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Laid-back, conversational interview which took place on the WashU medical school campus. This interview, just like the few others I've had, was fairly non-threatening and easy going. However, this particular interviewer asked me a few questions that I was ill-prepared for (questions regarding statistical analyses, etc.). In my experience, all of the interviewers were quite friendly, but I would be wary about those that don't at least grill you slightly on specific attributes about working in their lab, because they are most likely not as serious about the interview as you are.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail your previous research experience   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with both common and higher-powered statistical analyses, and explain what they are used for/how they are performed   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience/familiarity with various computer software or coding? If so, explain.   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Long and stretched out over many months. They will have you to come in on multiple occasions to meet with different people and groups. It is a pretty lengthy process.

Interview Questions

• Asked about knowledge of different trades with specific instances   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a Skype interview first. Then the PI asked me recommendation letters and offered an on-site interview. I gave a presentation about my graduate research to the department, talked with every member in the lab. They introduced their own projects for me. And talked with the PI for potential projects for postdoc

Interview Questions

• What are important factors for successful scientist   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 20 people over the course of 2 hours or so. I thought this was odd for a middle manager position at my pay level.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember most of the specific questions. They were largely behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Interview

It varies from lab to lab. In my lab, generally the candidate meets with PI and other persons one on one. He presents his work to group. Meets with some collaborators. The questions are blend of science and general non-science questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve a very specific problem, which the lab was facing from a year.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis.

Interview

It was fairly straight forward, and just questions about how I would plan events, would I like working in an office, etc. I think they were worried I might not like working in an office.

Interview Questions

• Can you give examples of how you've been able to network?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Three group interviews. All were fit questions such as what in your work experience prepared you for this role and what challenges do you think you would face in the job

Interview Questions

• Challenges you see in the job   1 Answer

Level I Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a one-round interview process with 2 full time staff members. They asked few technical questions, and mostly wanted to know how many other current techs that I knew. They definitely value having a close-knitted team that feels comfortable working with one another. They want you to be fairly comfortable with mac computers as well.