Washington University in St. Louis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washington University in St. Louis Interview Questions

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.6

Student Interview

Interview

Just be yourself. Expect to work hard. Study everyday. I, like probably many others, procrastinate at times and it is so hard to stay ahead. The semesters are long and very busy. The instructors expect a lot of you and will push you to your limits many times.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in October 2017.

Interview

Ask your research experience. Including the software you used and how your analysis the data. How to recruit patient. How to solve the problem. How good is your data analysis skills?

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

Hiring Physicians go through HR for prescreening and scheduling. Once interviewed, it took at least two weeks to hear back a yes or no. This was done through HR as well, with your listed preferred method of communication. The interview style is based entirely on who is interviewing though. MDs do not have to follow a preset list of questions.

Interview Questions

• I loved how the physician said right off the bat, lets act like this is a dating interview. The person who I hire will have a strong relationship with me and I want to make sure we are compatible. She completely through out the standard questions. Very relaxed and professional at the same time   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis.

Interview

After sending emails to the professor I hope to work with, I scheduled a short meeting with him. We talked about courses I took, the grade I got, and some relevant experience I had and so on.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Was emailed by a physician for a phone interview three days after I applied online. Had the phone interview two days later after being contacted. Set up an in person interview on the phone at the end of the phone interview for the following week.

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Laid-back, conversational interview which took place on the WashU medical school campus. This interview, just like the few others I've had, was fairly non-threatening and easy going. However, this particular interviewer asked me a few questions that I was ill-prepared for (questions regarding statistical analyses, etc.). In my experience, all of the interviewers were quite friendly, but I would be wary about those that don't at least grill you slightly on specific attributes about working in their lab, because they are most likely not as serious about the interview as you are.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail your previous research experience   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with both common and higher-powered statistical analyses, and explain what they are used for/how they are performed   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience/familiarity with various computer software or coding? If so, explain.   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Long and stretched out over many months. They will have you to come in on multiple occasions to meet with different people and groups. It is a pretty lengthy process.

Interview Questions

• Asked about knowledge of different trades with specific instances   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a Skype interview first. Then the PI asked me recommendation letters and offered an on-site interview. I gave a presentation about my graduate research to the department, talked with every member in the lab. They introduced their own projects for me. And talked with the PI for potential projects for postdoc

Interview Questions

• What are important factors for successful scientist   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 20 people over the course of 2 hours or so. I thought this was odd for a middle manager position at my pay level.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember most of the specific questions. They were largely behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Interview

It varies from lab to lab. In my lab, generally the candidate meets with PI and other persons one on one. He presents his work to group. Meets with some collaborators. The questions are blend of science and general non-science questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve a very specific problem, which the lab was facing from a year.   Answer Question