Washington University in St. Louis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Was emailed by hiring manager to schedule interview. Agreed to the time she suggested. Did not hear anything more from them confirming interview. Actual interview was pleasant enough, although it was a "gang" interview. Sent a follow-up email the next day. Never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job, other than for the income?   Answer Question

Police Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Very fast and professional process. I applied and about a week later I had a phone call from HR to set up an interview. I interviewed with a four person panel. I then got a call from HR a few days later to set up a second interview with the same format. I then received a call a few days later with a job offer

Interview Questions

• Pretend you are a radio broadcaster and do a short 30 second commercial on why we should hire you. Sell youself to us.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

Easy interview, very informal. The interview was direct and to the point. Met two professionals from the department for about 20 minutes. They were nice & cordial. We met in an office where they had copied of my resume. They asked a total of 5 questions and then the interview was over. HR emailed me 2 days later that they went with another candidate.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

I met with an employee at the university who passed my resume along. The next day I received an email asking for a phone interview the following week. He asked me about my career trajectory and then spent 20 minutes explaining the position to me (this seemed odd). Then I asked about 5 questions, he told me I was articulate and seemed really smart and if the whole thing was based on our phone conversation, he would hire me. Then things got weird. He spent about 40 minutes critiquing the formatting of my resume, telling me I needed more buzzwords and that there were too many jobs (it's 2 pages, there are 8, they are all entirely relevant). He told me I could resubmit my resume using his preferred formatting although it wouldn't make a difference in hiring. This was the most confusing interview I have ever been on– you cannot tailor a resume to every single person's whims, and if you have zero intention of hiring someone you don't a) schedule a formal interview with them, then b) complain that you're interviewing them, and then c) say if it was based on interviews alone, you would hire but as it stands someone else gave you buzzwords. Ultimately a bizarre, infuriating waste of time.

Interview Questions

• He literally asked me zero questions after "Tell me about yourself." The rest was him talking at me.   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2010.

Interview

A friend posted the job on a developer group message board. I fit the skills, so I applied. Within 12 hours, the scientist who ran the lab contacted me to schedule an interview. Within 1 week, I interviewed on site. The scientist asked about my experience, but didn't have many technical questions. The lab was just a cubical farm in a medical office building. It didn't seem like a fun place to work. Within 1 week, he contacted me with an offer, which was 25% too low. He was limited by what the university would pay, but offered to create a special position with his startup to meet my salary requirements. I was still interested and went to meet the team. The team I would be guiding was collectively very intelligent and educated, but lacked engineering discipline. They claimed to have newly adopted agile methodologies and were very accepting of new technologies (clojure, scala, python). I scheduled a team pairing session for 1 week later. When pairing, I discovered they had not implemented any agile practices as they initially claimed. The team wrote no tests and had little communication.

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I was already working in the lab as a Postdoc and got taken on as a Staff Scientist.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated better starting salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied on April 6th and got an on the spot phone interview (no prior notice) on April 25th. An interview was scheduled for April 30th during which I met the PI and a staff of coordinators. Everyone was very friendly and informative. I was being sold on the job more than I was being questioned about my abilities. Had to reach out to the PI two weeks after my interview to find out I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very straight forward. The most interesting one was, "If you could design your perfect study what would it be"   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis.

Interview

I got interview 20 days after application. It was a panel interview. They asked very straighforward questions and spent lot of time on describing job and how I am lacking experience in that particular research area.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask any technical questions. It was a very basic interview   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was called back for an interview after about 3 weeks. The interview took place in a conference room and was with just one person, which was not what I was expecting. I was asked about my relevant experience and my background, then the position and research was described to me in detail. Overall the interview lasted about 35 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in clinical research? Why do you think you would be good at this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Received an email for onsite interview 20 days after I completed job application. Hiring manager was very friendly but the other panel member never seemed interested in interview and kept telling me over and over that I do not have relevant experience. I may be wrong but it felt like that whole interview was just a formality by the department to complete the requirement of interviewing X number of candidates.

Two weeks later Hiring manager notified me that they have chosen someone else but she is forwarding my resume to other hiring managers for other CRC positions.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions   1 Answer