Washington University in St. Louis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washington University in St. Louis Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.6

Interview

It varies from lab to lab. In my lab, generally the candidate meets with PI and other persons one on one. He presents his work to group. Meets with some collaborators. The questions are blend of science and general non-science questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve a very specific problem, which the lab was facing from a year.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis.

Interview

It was fairly straight forward, and just questions about how I would plan events, would I like working in an office, etc. I think they were worried I might not like working in an office.

Interview Questions

• Can you give examples of how you've been able to network?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Three group interviews. All were fit questions such as what in your work experience prepared you for this role and what challenges do you think you would face in the job

Interview Questions

• Challenges you see in the job   1 Answer

Note Maker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

They are very friendly. Salary is due to how many copies do you have. They have some requirements for your minimum grades. Absolutely, the higher, the better. And the notes have to be taken nearly so that they can of real help.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in September 2016.

Interview

There were two interviews. Both were relatively casual. The interviews were conducted like conversations mostly. The interview would start with a question, but instead of just moving on, there was some back and forth. In both interviews, the interviewer spent some time explaining details about the job, so the interviews felt like a two-way street instead of just the interviewee listening and answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with your supervisor. What was the issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Director of Clinical Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Thorough interview process, itinerary consisted of multi levels of faculty and staff. This gave a multi layer impression of the culture and work environment. The process was lengthy consisting of intense screening process.

Interview Questions

• With your minimal view of the organization, what process improvements would you suggest in the future.   Answer Question

Senior Research Technician Interview

Interview

Somewhat informal interview filled with garbage questions taken straight off an HR "What to ask your interview candidate" site. Didn't ask questions about my skills, didn't describe job, didn't ask if I had questions. I haven't yet heard back if I got the job, but I don't imagine that I did.

Research Lab/Tech Interview

Interview

Very informal interview process due to networking opportunity; Best suggestion for wanting a position at this institution is for you to network with key grant holders. The traditional methods of applying for a job here is very slim. Its better to network with someone already established at the institution rather going through the traditional method.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Imperial, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Imperial, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick and easy! I applied and about a week later I received an email for an interview. I went in the next day for an interview and then was contacted for a second interview a few days later. The day after the second interview I was asked if my references could be contacted and then I received an offer a few days later. Start to finish the interview process lasted about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were much related to my current job and other questions about my personally, such as my schooling and hobbies. They really wanted to get to know me personally and see how I fit into their organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was not necessary.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Called in to interview. Within and hour after my interview, I was called back for the second. then offered the job. They tend to move slow but this showed that if they want you they can move faster.