Watson Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Watson Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

2.6

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

Two interviews, one with the Engineering manager and the other with the head of operations. The engineering manager will go over a set of pre-selected questions. Mostly wanting to know if you are enthusiastic about being an engineer and if you are wiling to put in long hours. The head of operations asks questions about how you will fit with the company and if there is room for you to grow with that site. They do not read off a list of pre-selected questions. The head of operations has been there for a while and is a good resource if you have any questions about working in this position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you become an engineer   1 Answer
    • If you are given a project that you don't know how to do, like install some new cameras or equipment, and no one is available to help you how do you complete the project?   1 Answer
    • Can you share an experience where you have diagnosed and fixed a mechanical or electrical problem?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe your work ethic?   1 Answer
    • Can you highlight any computer skills you have?   1 Answer

IT Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

(1) Initial HR phone screen - regarding interest level, salary expectations, relocation etc
    (2) Hiring Manager designate phone interview: thorough, work-focused, one hour long conversation; specific questions around key challenges faced, STAR approach
    (3) In person interview: 4 hours long, with 4 people, good exchange
    (4) from (1) through offer took 5 weeks

Interview Questions

• Why are you relocating to California? Are you OK with the high cost of living?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation on base pay; they did agree to additional vacation time

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

telephonic and onsite interview

Interview Questions

Interview

There was a phone screen with an HR representative. This interview was a 10 minute airport test at which time I was told that I would receive a call to schedule the next interview. I received a call the next day to setup a time for an on-site interview. While onsite I interviewed with the hiring manager and branch leadership.

Interview Questions

• There were no hard questions - the interviews were 95% behavioral in nature.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst III Interview

Interview

I made an appt for a telephone interview with a rep named Lori, she did not call the first time. We rescheduled, and again, she missed the call. We went through this three more times until I asked for her number, she was away from the desk when i called.
    This group is incredibley unorganized, a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Unorganized, do not waste your time

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals (Corona, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone first and given a brief interview over phone with HR representative. I was scheduled an interview with in three days. I interviewed with the Director of Quality first, followed by three Quality managers. The interviews with the managers were done separately. After completion of the interviews, I was contacted within a week by HR offering the position. A formal Acceptance Letter was prepared for review and signature.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational question about issues that could arise in day to day operations.   1 Answer

Project Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals (Corona, CA).

Interview

This was for an internship in the project management department. Initially a phone interview with the usual questions, nothing technical

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical, but just have some scenarios that you can think of when you had to deal with a group projects or something you had to overcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

The internship had a set hourly wage

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals (Corona, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Multiple rounds of experience tests and scenario questions, Phone to in person, then group/panel interview. Tour and meeting the operations leadership. Came back on three separate occasions and they were interested in my future goals and promotion potential as well.

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

This was a whole day process. Had to meet with different departments and had a luncheon during which the interview continued. There was a power point presentation and had to summarize a clinical trial result.
    The one on one interview and group one was nice and friendly but I observed what looked like hostility during the lunch....I cannot confirm this.
    There was no question asked after the presentation though there were about 20 people in the room and an opportunity to ask questions was given by the moderator,
    Generally, very nice people.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals (Corona, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position of Engineering Intern through my school's Career Center.
    I submitted my resume through the career center's system and a week later I was emailed an invitation for an on campus interview.

The interview was conducted on a Wednesday morning at my school's career center.
    I arrived about 10 minutes before the interview and made small talk with some of the other candidates. Turns out they were looking for several positions, and so there were different H.R.s on campus that day.

When I finally got called up, I noticed that the gentleman who interviewed me was plainly dressed. A polo shirt and some docker slacks. We walked down the hallway and into the interview room. We immediately started talking about subjects that had little to do with my actual interview (subjects mainly about what he does now and the companies that he worked with previously.)

The interviewer is a mechanical engineer, and so he did not project the style or attitude that a typical H.R. does. It almost felt as if someone in upper management said, "hey bob, you're an engineer... go to this school and find us an intern!"

the actual interview consisted of 5 generic behavioral questions such as.
    "Describe a situation where you had to work in a team and you demonstrated leadership...."
    or "What had been your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?"

Overall the interview was straight forward and I felt that I did well, then again... I spoke with other peers who where interviewed and we all agreed that it felt that interviewer didn't even want to be there; so none of us were ever sure what to think.

Final Verdict: Still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to work in a team and you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question