Wealthfront Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wealthfront Interview Questions

Interviews at Wealthfront

2.9

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wealthfront.

Interview

The onsite interview started with a coding interview on Python on some big data framework. The second part was a case interview where they asked about feature engineering and machine learning basic concepts. The third part was a business case where two alternatives of a plan were proposed and the revenue-cost breakdown was compared.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wealthfront.

Interview

For the Internship Interview - I applied online through LinkedIn. A HR representative reached out to me via email to schedule a Phone screen, followed by a video interview with a Data Scientist working at the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about logistic regression and the relationship between the coefficients if the problem was flipped. Lot of stats and ML questions.   Answer Question

DevOps Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Wealthfront in February 2020.

Interview

Interview process was a quick one. There was one phone screen and then a onsite interview. Onsite interview was also taken on zoom. One interview was attended by two engineers. Followed by a manager and a VP.

Interview Questions

• design a tinyurl system/ how would you build a new department/ strategy of distribution of work   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got an interview request a month after. Interview got pushed back a couple times because it was around the holidays. Interview was largely machine learning focused, so the interviewer asked two statistics-based questions and one machine learning question.

Interview Questions

• How to implement distributed linear regression for large datasets   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wealthfront.

Interview

Onsite was hard leetcodes, and a chat with a hiring manager plus vp. One of the questions required a clever trick, but it’s one of those you see it or you don’t kind of gotchas. Didn’t really like that question. One interviewer was very nice and enthusiastic about the work, and also took time to explain what Wealthfront was working on in detail. Would definitely want to work with him if our paths ever cross. The other interviewer just seemed pretty out of it. Didn’t get the sense she really liked her job.

Software Engineering New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wealthfront.

Interview

Great Interview Process, extremely unique and different. Had a awesome conversation with the VP of Engineering. Afterwards an 2.5 hour long interview with engineers. Disappointed with the end result, because the company fits my interest profile.

Interview Questions

• Java Specific w/ streams. Also a lot of Data Structures and Memory. Know your complexities...   1 Answer

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wealthfront (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Chatted with recruiter on the phone first - recruiter was super knowledgeable and friendly. Because I had another pending offer, company sped up the process and everything was done within a week. Had a technical phone screen with some theory and algorithm questions and then a full-day onsite - all pretty standard process.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Interview

I applied to the position on their website. I received a code challenge after 7 days.
    The code challenge has 2 tasks, the first one is very easy, and the second one is medium.
    Java was the only language that you are allowed to write code in.

I highly recommend that start with the second task, keep the first task to the end.

Interview Questions

• I cannot reveal because of honors code   1 Answer

IOS Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me for a phone screening. It went pretty well since she was friendly and helpful. She then scheduled me to speak with the iOS manager who told me about the company and asked about my experiences. After that, i got scheduled for a technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical yet since I am still going through the interview process   1 Answer

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wealthfront (San Jose, CA).

Interview

- Phone screen (1hr)
    - On-site (4hrs)

The phone screen was IMO the hardest technical question. There were two more onsite technical questions which were pretty easy. I was nervous the first hour on my on site and didn’t do well on the first question :-/ oh well.
    Everyone was friendly, charismatic, and would’ve been a dream job for me!
    If you’re a false-negative like myself, then please please practice mock interviews and make sure you’re not nervous! This is a legit company to work for and you don’t want to ruin your chances like I did :-)

Interview Questions

• Recursion & JavaScript.
      The questions were simple, and relatable to rl coding. No fancy graph questions, and make sure you know your JS fundamentals well!   1 Answer