Webster Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2018

2.3

Associate Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Webster Bank (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online through Webster's ADP portal. And received a call from an HR Rep about a week later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went great and the Rep had my application, resume, and cover letter forwarded to the branch manager for an in-person interview at a local branch. I had my interview set for Monday at 11 am. At that interview was done with both the Manager and Assistant Manager. I was asked standard interview questions for example "How do you deal with stress?", "Explain how you would deal with a conflict of interest?", And "How would deal with an angry customer?".

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Webster Bank (New Bedford, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview with someone from HR and then she forwarded my information to the hiring manager. The hiring manager called me same day and set up an interview for the following morning.

Senior Business Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Webster Bank (Southington, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

Avoid this company if you value your time. The interview was scheduled and set to meet with 3 people in September. Just one person showed up. I listened to the interviewer talk for almost the full session without too much interest in me, then waited for the following interviewers. None showed. It's May now, 8 months later, the position is still open and never an update from the company.

Marketing Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Webster Bank (Waterbury, CT).

Interview

The process started with a phone interview, about 20 minutes long. Then an in person interview about a week and a half later. The interview was about an hour and 10 mins long.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the favorite projects you have worked on.   1 Answer

Universal Banker Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Webster Bank.

Interview

Asked general questions regarding background. How my values and experience would fit. Very conversational. Which in my opinion is very comfortable. Branch manager did not bring his A game

After the branch manager telling me specifically on a Friday interview that someone would call me that afternoon or monday to arrange a follow up interview i got a call nearly 2 months later asking for said follow up saying they needed to see me the following day. I was pretty pissed considering i had accepted a job in the 2 months they had dragged their feet but calling saying they were super interested in meeting me the following day. Pass. Thought it was super disingenuous considering the time taken for networking and overly strong qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your experiences in your current role would help you here?
      why so you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Webster Bank (West Hartford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the website. Got called back within a couple of days for a phone interview. Then had to take a survey online and got called in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, describe a time you had a difficult customer, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Webster Bank.

Interview

It's been months since I applied and interviewed. The most professional thing I expected from a hometown business, was courtesy and professionalism in either extending an offer or rejecting the candidate. T the very least, I expected them to live up to their motto “…our customers and communities are what matter most …”

"Living up to you since 1935.
    After 80 years, the relationships we've built with our customers and communities are what matter most. See what it's like when a bank lives up to you."

Summer Float Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Webster Bank (Southbury, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

It was only one interview, and it was done over a skype call. The branch manager and summer teller manager both interviewed me through skype. It was very relaxed.
    Through a computer screen, they conducted a very standard job interview as if I was right in front of them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to resolve a problem created by a co-worker, how did you try to fix it while maintaining a good relationship with that co-worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Webster Bank (East Greenwich, RI) in December 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews one in person interview. waited two weeks called the recruiter no response. EXTREMELY unprofessional.

How can you not let a candidate know if they received the job offer or not.
    Just from a HR point of view [ which i am currently in school in} you call that person no matter what.

Interview Questions

Interview

First you are contacted by a staffing agency then you go through assessments, then you fill out a 15 question questionnaire then you are called for an interview with the head of the call center office.

Interview Questions

• they gave a scenario looking for how you would turn it into a sales opportunity?   Answer Question