Webster Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2018

2.4

Java Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Webster Bank (Bristol, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

I was asked basic core java questions along with some xml, jsp and database questions.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Webster Bank in January 2015.

Interview

Planning for the interview through Human Resources was extremely quick and easy. The interview itself was primarily behavioral so none of the questions were extraordinarily challenging. I was interviewed in two sessions, once with multiple people and the second with one individual. Everyone was very courteous and respectful. Overall, my experience was very positive.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Webster Bank (Waterbury, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

Found the job posting online and was called a few weeks later. Interviewing process is pretty straight forward. Company recruiter was the first to reach out, followed by the supervisor of the position applied for. Interviews were conducted over the phone at first, and then there was a one on one interview afterwards

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone interview, met the VP at career fair. Contact by recruiter directly and completed a personality test
    Why do you want to work at Webster bank?
    What are your Strength and weakness?
    Why do you want this job?

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Webster Bank (Waterbury, CT) in May 2010.

Interview

In person interview with Market Manager. Market Manager had very strong interview skills and gave vast information about what to expect from the job. Did ask a lot of questions regarding sales management skills, how to motivate team, how to set example, etc.

Interview Questions

• What types of outreach will you do to obtain sales goals? How much time are you willing to devote to this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate salary

Business Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Webster Bank (Waterbury, CT) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone screening followed by a personal interview. Interviewer had a subordinate attend the interview also. Very enthusiastic about my experience, seemed to be selling the job to me. I was equally enthusiastic regarding the company. Interview lasted considerably longer than scheduled. The interviewer told me she was definitely scheduling a second interview through the recruiter and told me exactly what the second interview would entail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southington, CT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Webster Bank (Southington, CT) in October 2011.

Interview

I had a great phone interview and before I knew it I was interviewing face to face with the Head Teller and Assistant Manager. The interview went well and less than a week later before the interview process was complete I received an e-mail that they hired someone internally. Webster Bank is a small bank. The people who work there seem to be very superficial. They will waste your time and hire from within.

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Webster Bank (Hamden, CT) in June 2012.

Interview

very professional interview was more concerned about my appearance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Webster Bank (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

interviewer was kind of harsh and basically seemed like she didnt want to do the interview in the first place. made me wonder he she want to fill the position

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Webster Bank in January 2010.

Interview

Attended job fair for Webster. Phone interviewed, basic questions.