Webster Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.4

Marketing Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Webster Bank (Waterbury, CT).

Interview

The process started with a phone interview, about 20 minutes long. Then an in person interview about a week and a half later. The interview was about an hour and 10 mins long.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the favorite projects you have worked on.   1 Answer

Universal Banker Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Webster Bank.

Interview

Asked general questions regarding background. How my values and experience would fit. Very conversational. Which in my opinion is very comfortable. Branch manager did not bring his A game

After the branch manager telling me specifically on a Friday interview that someone would call me that afternoon or monday to arrange a follow up interview i got a call nearly 2 months later asking for said follow up saying they needed to see me the following day. I was pretty pissed considering i had accepted a job in the 2 months they had dragged their feet but calling saying they were super interested in meeting me the following day. Pass. Thought it was super disingenuous considering the time taken for networking and overly strong qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your experiences in your current role would help you here?
      why so you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Webster Bank (West Hartford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the website. Got called back within a couple of days for a phone interview. Then had to take a survey online and got called in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, describe a time you had a difficult customer, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Webster Bank.

Interview

It's been months since I applied and interviewed. The most professional thing I expected from a hometown business, was courtesy and professionalism in either extending an offer or rejecting the candidate. T the very least, I expected them to live up to their motto “…our customers and communities are what matter most …”

"Living up to you since 1935.
    After 80 years, the relationships we've built with our customers and communities are what matter most. See what it's like when a bank lives up to you."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Webster Bank (East Greenwich, RI) in December 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews one in person interview. waited two weeks called the recruiter no response. EXTREMELY unprofessional.

How can you not let a candidate know if they received the job offer or not.
    Just from a HR point of view [ which i am currently in school in} you call that person no matter what.

Interview Questions

Interview

First you are contacted by a staffing agency then you go through assessments, then you fill out a 15 question questionnaire then you are called for an interview with the head of the call center office.

Interview Questions

• they gave a scenario looking for how you would turn it into a sales opportunity?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Webster Bank (Hartford, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was a little tedious. I had 3 interviews. The first interview was with HR, the second with 2 market managers and the third was with the branch manager that I would be working with. They were very nice asked a few questions. Third interview was mostly scenario questions.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Webster Bank in July 2015.

Interview

It was an easy but long process. I got along with everyone and it was well organized. Everyone was friendly and easy to talk to. I had a phone screen than they brought me with twice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was an easy process

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Webster Bank (Hartford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Laid back, applied at job fair. asked typical questions, where u worked what your values. Its a smaller bank so there wasnt really a template that she was going off and she was not critical of the answers I was giving her.

Interview Questions

• name an time where you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Lender Interview

Interview

Met with 4 differentry people, four trips to different locations and they left it to my recruiter to say I didn't get the job. I feel that they should have made the decision prior to sending me to so many different locations and making it sound like I had the job. I also felt like they owed me a phone call.