WeddingWire Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 117 of over 117 interviews

Recruiter11%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WeddingWire (New Delhi) in Mar 2021

Interview

It was a 30 minute long interview. One team lead and one senior manager was present Introduction of the interviewer then they asked me about myself and then proceeded towards sales related questions and sales pitch.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself ?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Chevy Chase, MD) in Apr 2019

Interview

I applied and they responded about a month later. Scheduled an over the phone interview and then got asked to go in for an in-person interview. When I arrived, they had me tour the building then I sat down with someone on the Sales team, then had about an hour long interview with two hiring managers. The interviewers asked a lot of questions about myself and why I want to do sales. It was very stressful. Then I shadowed a sales associate and got to listen to some phone calls. I left feeling pretty good about the whole interview but then got an e-mail three days later saying they've moved onto other applicants.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Chevy Chase, MD)

Interview

I applied to the sales associate job in September and got an email inviting me to do an initial phone interview in October. The phone call was with HR and lasted about 20 minutes. The questions were pretty simple. After that, I was Invited to interview in person at the headquarters in Chevy Chase, MD. This interview was very difficult with two Sales Managers. It seemed like for every answer I gave they weren’t satisfied and wanted to keep pressing me until I said what they wanted to hear. They were not happy that my background wasn’t in sales even though the job posting called for graduates from any major. This interview lasted over an hour with a lot of behavioral based questions. If they don’t like your answer to a question, they will just re-word the question and ask again. The offices are newly renovated and have a lot of cool perks like free hot breakfast, casual work attire, free haircuts and massages and more that attract new grads to apply. But honestly, unless you love being on the phone for 99% of your day making sales calls than this job is not for you. I was joy given an offer but after my second interview, I was not going to accept an offer anyway.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be in Sales?
  • Why do you want to be a sales associate for wedding wire?
  • How many sales calls would you plan to make per day if you are 4 sales away from your goal and there is only two days left in the month? (consider that it takes a certain amount of calls to make one sale)
  • Imagine you work for a clothing store. How would you sell me a product if I have never liked the store previously?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Chevy Chase, MD) in Dec 2018

Interview

I applied online and the next day got an email about a phone interview. The screening was quick and easy. I then scheduled a time for the in-house interview and tour and I flew to DC. I prepared for this interview like crazy because of the reviews on Glassdoor - I was honestly terrified, it sounded like an awful experience for so many. So I memorized every answer to the most horrific questions I could find and practiced the dumbest mock pitches like selling a pen or ice. On interview day I showed up to the Weddingwire floor and literally no one paid attention to me... apparently they are renovating so they currently don't have a front desk. I walked around for a solid 5 minutes before a UPS guy showed up and someone actually acknowledged him, so then I was directed to the recruiter. Awkward start. The tour was quick and easy, the "overview" of the position was literally so fast I barely remember what was even said. Then was the interview - like I said I was terrified, but honestly it wasn't bad at all. No major curveball questions. My interviewers both seemed genuinely interested in me and I even had a guy (which, there are only a few, so I was worried he was the "mean one.") I did have to do an on the spot sales thing which I handled pretty well, definitely made a few mistakes. My mouth got super dry so definitely take a bottle of water with you! After that I shadowed a rep for about 40 minutes. She basically got a lot of answering machines, I never heard an actual pitch. I was feeling super #blessed that I didn't have to do a phone pitch afterwards - not sure if that was a sign that I wasn't getting hired or that we just used up all the time - because we did. A few days later I had one more phone interview. This is where my interview experience went very south. The sales manager who called me probably ruined my whole opinion of WeddingWire. She called me about 15 minutes behind the scheduled time and the entire phone call it was so obvious that she was uninterested. She sounded like she wasn't paying attention to me at all, and scrambling to come up with answers to my questions like she didn't know what I was talking about, and then to finish she rushed me off the phone. Maybe she had something going on, but it really aggravated me and made me almost not want the job. But still, I thought for sure I would get an offer. I was definitely qualified and had a really good interview, not sure what the problem was. I got an email a few days later saying there were "too many candidates" which I think is interesting because it seems like WeddingWire is ALWAYS hiring for sales associates. It's fine though, from what I read here on Glassdoor I probably definitely wouldn't have thrived there. And I never write reviews, but wanted y'all to not get freaked out about the interview like I did because it really wasn't that bad.

Interview Questions
  • On the spot pitch - could be about anything, mine was based off something on my resume
  • What makes a good sales rep?

WeddingWire

Application

I interviewed at WeddingWire

Interview

Recruiter reached out and set up a phone screen. The conversation was friendly and exploratory. She shared details regarding the role and hiring process. Next step was a Skype interview with 2 managers. This consisted of about an hour conversation and then a brief role play. Managers were very outgoing and excited about discussing the company and success path for me. The role play was awkward, but they always are. I wish they provided a little information about what they were looking for in the process before diving in but all and all I think they are just looking for someone to be nimble and curious on the phone.

Interview Questions
  • Typical questions..share biggest successes, failures and what you did to overcome. No major curve balls

WeddingWire

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeddingWire in Oct 2018

Interview

I applied online and heard back the next day to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. That went smoothly and was very informative - the recruiter was super sweet and very enthusiastic. I was then asked to participate in a second interview via video since I was located outside of the DC area, and felt very confident going in to it based on how well the first interview went. Unfortunately, this turned out to be what felt like more of an interrogation than interview/conversation. A previous reviewer mentioned that they got the “good cop, bad cop” vibe and I felt exactly the same. One of the interviewers was aggressive, arrogant, and down right rude at some points. They started out asking typical interview questions, but further into the interview my responses were just twisted around negatively and questioned/second guessed by him. He spent so much time running the interview like this that we didn’t have an opportunity to even play out a sales pitch. I’m not sure if this is some sort of tactic WeddingWire is using to see how you respond when pushed and under pressure, but I think they’d find out more about candidates by having it be a more positive interaction. I left feeling extremely discouraged and wasn’t even sure I wanted the position anymore. I was honestly relieved when it wasn’t offered to me.

Interview Questions
  • Introduce yourself. Why are you interested in the position and WeddingWire? Where do you see yourself in the future, specifically what role? Why did you leave your previous position? How did the metrics and ranking system work at your previous sales position? What were you most successful selling previously? Besides characteristics of the company and culture, what are you looking for? When’s the last time you were in competition? When’s the last time you were pushed outside your comfort zone?

WeddingWire

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeddingWire

Interview

Phone and then video chat. Honestly, based off all the reviews I've read of people that interviewed, plus current employees caused me to decline the offer. Phone interview was fine, but video interview was very strange. In the phone interview I was asked what my salary expectations were - REALLY??? You shouldn't even be asking this question until closer to the end of the interview process! VERY RUDE! Consider candidates based off how they will help your company succeed - don't weed out candidates based solely off of a salary #! I think leadership needs to quit spending so much time making goofy videos and step in and re-evaluate this screwed up interview process and also start reading Glassdoor reviews - be more in-tune to what's going on in your organization. For applicants, make sure to read reviews of current employees - a lot of them are saying the same things. It's a red flag when a company is advertising unlimited PTO and then your sales dept. seems afraid to even take time off for worry they won't make their quota! No thanks! I want to work at a company that encourages me to take time off regardless of whether or not I made quote for 1 month! Ridiculous! Unlimited PTO sounds like a big scam! WeddingWire, you need to start listening to the people you're interviewing and your current employees!

2 people found this interview helpful

WeddingWire

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeddingWire in Sep 2018

Interview

Looking for young and inexperienced people that will not ask for a lot of money, while building their network. Probably taking a large percentage of the clients profit and probably not getting the top business in certain categories as they do not need to cut in a middle man to be found.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Washington, DC) in Sep 2018

Interview

Applied online and then had about a 30 minute phone interview that went over the position and asked why I wanted to work there/went over my resume. I was on the spot asked to come in and do an in person interview that week. The in person interview was a three hour process. They showed another candidate and me a presentation on WeddingWire and gave us an office tour. Afterwards I had interview with 2 employees. This was pretty hard and lasted about 45 minutes. They ask you difficult repetitive questions to see how you handle pressure. I suspect they don't care as much about your answer as much as they want to see how you carry yourself and respond to feeling uncomfortable (which is extremely important in sales..). Luckily they did not ask me to sell them something on the spot. Next was the mock sales pitch which wasn't bad - just do your research before hand on how to do this. Within a few days I got the phone call with the offer! It was a hard interview process but they just want to make sure they're getting people who can handle the role. I was lucky enough not to have the guy that a lot of other people in my hire class interviewed with...apparently he was so rude it made people not want to accept the offer anymore.

Interview Questions
  • What could hold you back from this position? What's a your biggest weakness? What's going to motivate you to do this job everyday? Why sales?

WeddingWire

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeddingWire

Interview

Very long process. Recruiter interview , homework, manager interview, mock sales pitch, then another interview with odd questions . Wasn’t sure I even wanted the job anymore.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 117 Interviews