WeddingWire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WeddingWire

3.3

Lead Generation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Chevy Chase, MD) in April 2013.

Interview

Talked to HR Department first. Very nice people and work hard to get to know you and your experience! Once they do that, they have you talk to a team lead or manager in the department you are seeking to work in for an interview. I had 3 phone interviews because I was originally looking to do PR/Marketing internship, but was switched to lead gen.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakest contribution to a team and how does it impact the group dynamic?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

One day with 4 rounds of interviews. Not necessarily in this order: 1 (longest) technical with software architects/dev leads where you'll be drilled with questions, and scenarios to see how you think, react, and to test your knowledge of the tech; 1 work culture interview which is basically just a dialogue with members of the team you'll be working with to see if you're a good fit for them and if they're a good fit for you; 1 product/QA interview which gets you familiar with the product life-cycle and the process from beginning to end; and 1 with CTO which will also be a dialogue scenario, but he'll be quizzing you to get an understanding of your thought process - ie, brain teasers, etc.

Interview Questions

• You'll be asked to pseudo-code a commonly used function within the langue you'll be using - Ruby, JS, Java, etc.   Answer Question

Special Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Chevy Chase, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone call about a separate position. I got to a final interview for that position (had a skype interview) then did not get the position. I was then recommended for a different position which I had a different interview for. I had a skype interview. We discussed my past experience and assessed my personality. He was also very interested in my career path and field of study. He very much wanted to know what I wanted to get out of the experience. Overall it was a very positive experience. It was very casual and comfortable. I learned about the company as well so it was definitely two sided.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Can you multitask?   1 Answer

Nov 4, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for the review! We're glad you experienced our welcoming and comfortable interview process and your questions about WeddingWire were answered. We believe an interview is a two-way street and... More

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Chevy Chase, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was then called in for an in-person. I met all of the leads on my team as well as our CEO. I got a good feel for the job I'd be doing. I felt like my interview was more a real conversation rather than a test.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was if I could start my own business, what would it be and how would I make it successful.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WeddingWire in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and did a phone interview. The interview was very rushed and I had a feeling the HR rep was not taking me very seriously. Looking back on the experience I believe they already had someone in mind for the position and were just completing the administrative process by interviewing me.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeddingWire.

Interview

Phone and then video chat. Honestly, based off all the reviews I've read of people that interviewed, plus current employees caused me to decline the offer. Phone interview was fine, but video interview was very strange. In the phone interview I was asked what my salary expectations were - REALLY??? You shouldn't even be asking this question until closer to the end of the interview process! VERY RUDE! Consider candidates based off how they will help your company succeed - don't weed out candidates based solely off of a salary #!

I think leadership needs to quit spending so much time making goofy videos and step in and re-evaluate this screwed up interview process and also start reading Glassdoor reviews - be more in-tune to what's going on in your organization.

For applicants, make sure to read reviews of current employees - a lot of them are saying the same things. It's a red flag when a company is advertising unlimited PTO and then your sales dept. seems afraid to even take time off for worry they won't make their quota! No thanks! I want to work at a company that encourages me to take time off regardless of whether or not I made quote for 1 month! Ridiculous! Unlimited PTO sounds like a big scam!

WeddingWire, you need to start listening to the people you're interviewing and your current employees!

Sep 28, 2018 – Candidate Experience Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. The experience our candidates have is one of our highest priorities and it's clear based on your perspective, we missed here. For many... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeddingWire in September 2018.

Interview

Looking for young and inexperienced people that will not ask for a lot of money, while building their network. Probably taking a large percentage of the clients profit and probably not getting the top business in certain categories as they do not need to cut in a middle man to be found.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out and set up a phone screen. The conversation was friendly and exploratory. She shared details regarding the role and hiring process. Next step was a Skype interview with 2 managers. This consisted of about an hour conversation and then a brief role play. Managers were very outgoing and excited about discussing the company and success path for me. The role play was awkward, but they always are. I wish they provided a little information about what they were looking for in the process before diving in but all and all I think they are just looking for someone to be nimble and curious on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions..share biggest successes, failures and what you did to overcome. No major curve balls   Answer Question

Oct 4, 2018 – Candidate Experience Director

Thanks for sharing your experience with future candidates. It's helpful information for them to understand what the process will be like. Your positive feedback also lets us know we're on the right... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeddingWire.

Interview

Very long process. Recruiter interview , homework, manager interview, mock sales pitch, then another interview with odd questions . Wasn’t sure I even wanted the job anymore.

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Chevy Chase, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via Linkedin and she was amazing to work with throughout the process. I did a mock sales pitch over the phone with two managers listening in and role-playing a scenario. They brought me in for an in-person interview, and I received an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen.   1 Answer
    • If you were going to be in a movie, who would play you and why?   1 Answer