WeddingWire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 25, 2017

3.3

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

It was fine. Normal questions about the company and why I love being a Product Manager. It was only a first interview so I had very few expectations. Wedding Wire goes on and on about how much they search for excellence. You wouldn't guess that by the response I received. They told me thanks but no thanks and thanked me for applying for a Sales Job (I applied for a Product Manager Job). They clearly are a little less excellent than they think when you can't even send an accurate rejection letter. As a Project Manager, I pride myself on a lot of detail and follow through. Their perky employee didn't give me the same courtesy.

Event Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeddingWire.

Interview

Spoke with HR representative. Standard over the phone interview. She reviewed the job description told me more about the position and company and then questioned my background and interest.

Interview Questions

• What did I live most about planning events? What did I like least about planning events?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Chevy Chase, MD).

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a sales recruiter within a few days. I had two phone interviews and an interview at the office in Chevy Chase. The two phone interviews were very basic sales interviews. The in-person interview is much more intense but they do a good job at making you feel at ease. I am not sure why I wasn't hired. They were very misleading and made me feel sure I would be a good fit for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview and they asked some preliminary questions. The questions were really for them to find out what kind of person you are and why you applied for the job. Some dealt with past experiences. At the end of the interview, they just ask if you have any questions that you may have for them. Overall, a very easygoing and relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Chevy Chase, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied directly on the WeddingWire website and was contacted by a recruiter a couple of hours later. We set up a phone conversation. The first conversation was an overview of the position and the company with the recruiter. The second step of the interview process was a phone interview with the director of sales. She went over the same information the recruiter shared and asked me questions about my resume and sales experience. It felt like a screening to make sure you really want to be an inside sales associate. A day later, I got a call back from the recruiter and we set up an in-person interview at the WeddingWire offices in Chevy Chase, MD. Be prepared for a half-day interview if you make it this far.

Before the in-person interview, you're sent an email with an itinerary and information for a mock phone pitch (you'll complete at the end of the in-person interview). They sent package information and a link to the potential customer's website.

When you arrive, you'll get an office tour with the other applicants, which was amazing. I got a West Coast vibe from the office space, which makes you want the job more. After the tour, you and the other applicants will sit through a short seminar explaining the company, perks, and the actual job you applied for. After the seminar, I was pulled from the group and interviewed by two people (both regional sales managers). During the interview, they went over my experience and we role-played a sales scenario (they asked me to try and sell them an office paint party experience).

Once the face-to-face interview concludes, you'll shadow a sales associate on the sales floor. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see much action as I interviewed on the Friday before Memorial Day weekend. The sales associate and her surrounding coworkers were helpful in answering my questions and walking me through their typical client interactions.

Once you had a chance to shadow an employee, you're led to a small room with a desk and a phone for the mock pitch scenario. The two managers that interviewed me went to a conference room and called the phone in the room. Before the pitch, I was able to ask any questions I had. You do your pitch and then the interview is over.

I was in the building from about 9:30am until 12:30pm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

First phone call with the recruiter was great. He was super nice and gave a ton of information. Let me know everything about the position from day to day operations to salary.

Second interview was with Director of Sales and she asked very bizarre questions in my opinion. She was very nice but the questions were hard to figure out what would be the best answer. She asked 3 or 4 questions that started with "On a scale of 1-10, how "blank" are you and why?

I got a very automated generic email back saying they were not moving forward but I should keep applying in the future.

Interview Questions

• When was a time in your life you set a goal and did not accomplish that goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a qualifying phone interview, in-depth phone interview and then an in-person interview. The process was great up until the in-person interview. I first arrived received an office tour and then had a presentation about the job and expected metrics. The representative gave a very poor overview of the job, every other slide she would correct the content and say everything needed to be updated so most of the information we were receiving was incorrect. I later had an interview with two managers who were very unwelcoming and standoffish. They asked a lot of negative questions about why you would not make a good candidate rather than discuss your strengths and experience. After I was able to shadow an associate who became irritated with me asking questions. She seemed extremely stressed and irritated with her job and my presence which was a huge red flag to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Chevy Chase, MD).

Interview

A phone screening call, 2 phone interview, face to face interview which included a tour, short presentation, 45 min interview, shadowing, and a mock pitch. I really enjoyed the experience I had during the face to face interview day, and a couple of the phone calls. During the early stage I had a lot of wrong information sent to me, and last minute rescheduling. Also the communication between the hiring team was non-existent...until I had to reach out a week after I was told I would hear back, I was then sent a rejection email for not passing the phone interview stage... thing is I was already past that and to the face to face interview. Wrong information again. Communication between the manager that did my interview was Great, responded very quickly. I was pretty disappointed in the communication from the hiring team during the process.

Interview Questions

WeddingWire Response

Apr 11, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience on Glassdoor. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed meeting the hiring managers and shadowing our reps. I'm sorry to hear that the communication you received... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WeddingWire (Fredericksburg, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

The lady who set up my interview with another lady was very polite and made me feel excited for the opportunity. Unfortunately, the lady who I interviewed with on the phone was not the same. She seemed rushed to get off the phone when I asked a question at the end.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WeddingWire.

Interview

WeddingWire came across to me as a pretty unprofessional place to work. The interview process itself was odd--A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and we had a very informal phone screen. A cover letter was never requested. I was invited for an in-person interview a week later, which involved two group interviews (two people each), plus a tour of the office...2.5 hours total. The office looked cluttered and...messy? (A strange thing to say about an office.) I felt like the person leading the tour was trying to convince me that WeddingWire was a "Great Place to Work" because it has a game room and a bar, rather than because the company is innovative/employees are top notch/etc. Regardless, my interviews were lengthy, but it didn't feel like much was really covered. The people interviewing me spent most of the time testing my marketing skills, but then I learned at the end of the interview that each and every one of them had come into this position without any skills in the field whatsoever. I still don't know why they tested me if that was the case... I sent thank you notes to everyone I spoke with, but never heard back from any of them. I'm taking the three weeks worth of silence to mean that I didn't get the job. At this point, I wouldn't accept it even if I did receive an offer based on these reasons above. Definitely not what I expected from this company!

Interview Questions

• Open up an email on your phone and tell us what you like or don't like about it.   Answer Question