Wei Laboratories, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wei Laboratories, Inc. Interview Questions

2.2

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then went into phone interviews with the CEO himself. It was very casual, he wanted to know my background and why I am interested. The interview questions were a little unorganized and he was a little hard to understand, however he was very nice and excited about the interview. For most of the interview he wanted me to lead. He did not ask any complicated questions.

Interview Questions

• Where am I from, why am I interested, do I have any experience in traditional chinese medicine?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process starting with a phone interview for a general screening, then was followed by an in person interview. The interview took about three hours and was cycled through a large amount of people. The first was a typing test, second a protocol test, then an interview with many of the company's staff.

Interview Questions

• What your strengths, weaknesses, etc.? Why sales? Do you have a history with traditional Chinese medicine?   Answer Question

Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with Dr. Wei. He was very nice. Whole interview took about 30 minutes. Job basically entailed cold calling businesses to see if they wanted to buy their products. Wanted to know if I had any relevant sales experience. Went through my resume and asked about each one. Didn't get a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Since Wei Labs is such a small company (around 20) people, the head of company gave me the interview. However, my first impression of the place was that it was run by temporary and recently out of college kids. The office has a certain gloom aspect to it.

When Wei interviewed me, he was more interested in my background and my accent rather than my experience. Wei was really friendly though I was surprise to see him to fascinated with my background (I have traveled a bit). He didn't give me typical interview questions, but more detail elaboration of things I have did.

It wasn't a good fit for me especially culture wise

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. in June 2014.

Interview

Dr. Wei seemed overall very nice and professional. Throughout the whole interview he seemed to talk a lot more than I did. He just asked me basic questions about my resume and I talked about myself for a couple minutes. After that, I asked him what the position entailed and he went on for about 20 minutes about every single thing his company did. I still didn't understand what the job really was until I asked again exactly what I would be doing. I finally realized it was a sales job I was interviewing for. I was offered another interview but declined it since the job just wasn't was I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• it was pretty straightforward, there weren't any hard questions.   Answer Question

I didn't realize it was a sales position when I applied.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied online; got contacted the next day by the CEO. I spoke first with the CEO and his wife, took a typing test and was given a reading comprehension test. Process took one day. Spoke with EVERYONE at the office.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, just your average interview questions. All of the interviewers did ask "how do you feel about being on the phone all day?" and "how do you deal with rejection over the phone?"   Answer Question

Job was not what it was advertised to be. You basically call doctor's offices and try to sell them Wei's products. I spoke to all the employees there in my interview and even they said that they all have different job titles, but have the same job: sell products. One even said that the job was just a good stepping stone to get other jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Was contacted via email to set up an in-person interview. Interview of about 30 minutes in which basic questions on resume and fit were asked, nothing too complicated. It almost seemed too easy.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Overall the process was very easy and very unprofessional. Whole process took several weeks. They called me in for 3 rounds. The first round was a 5 - 10 minute conversation with the president, the second round a short conversation with the CEO and the last round was meeting every single employee.... No hard questions asked, seemed like they just wanted to see if you'd get along with everyone in the office. However, the third round was painful as it took 3-4 hours.

Get ready to talk about yourself and to have a lot of patience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is set. No negotiation possible

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. (Santa Clarita, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview consists of speaking with several members of the sales team. Furthermore, there is a typing test that is largely useless because your typing speed is not relevant to your job function. Lastly there is a skill test that involves one of their protocols for a specific condition. You are given 15 minutes to read the protocol and memorize as much as possible. Afterwards, someone will ask you several questions about the protocol.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in traditional Chinese medicine?   Answer Question

Negotiation

After interviewing for the consulting position, the CEO told me that I should work in Sales instead. There is no negotiation on your pay or benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview with everyone on the team including CEO and COO

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating