West Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

West Health Interview Questions

Interviews at West Health

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at West Health (La Jolla, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online then had 2 informal phone interviews - first was a general interview and second had me going through some rough coding exercises. Second one was supposed to be on-site, but I was not able to make it so we did it on the phone instead.

Interview Questions

• There were no curveballs, and the questions were run-in-the-mill programming interview questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Health (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone call asking basic HR questions followed by onsite interview for about 2 hours with 4 people.(Half an hour each).First 3 rounds were technical.Questions were asked about my resume and skills in Java,System design and Databases.Last round was with HR who showed a video and asked questions on my coursework and related stuff

Interview Questions

• How would you design a Database for a company (relationships between employees,salaries,basic data)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at West Health.

Interview

I have applied it online. I got an email to schedule an interview for 2 hours. I had an interview with engineering manager for an hour and then with network engineer for another hour. I also had a take home exercise.

Interview Questions

• Since the position is for web developer I did not expect a typical C language question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at West Health in November 2015.

Interview

I had a nearly hour phone screening with the position supervisor . We talked mostly about current health care policies and a little about the position. Then, I came in for two interviews (one in person, the other via video). In one, I learned more about the ongoing fine tuning of the Policy Center. In the second, I talked about big picture health policy issues and research issues. The third one was over the phone with the HR director in California. She didn't have a salary range but wanted to know what I was looking for. She then proceeded to tell me that I was overqualified for the job.

This is a new position and it seemed like not everyone was on the same page. The interviews were difficult because they were not focused primarily on the job responsibilities, but on policy viewpoints.

Interview Questions

• Q: Which of the current projects are you most interested in?
      Q: How do you see the benefits of managed care?
      Q: Tell me of some areas where health care cost and quality could be improved.
      Q: What is your experience in Medicaid policy work?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Health (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

This was an initial phone interview with recruiter. She asked questions about my job history and why each one had ended. She also asked what was the best and worst aspects of each role and what I felt my strengths/weaknesses were.

Interview Questions

• Everyone wants to be one and can say that they are. What makes you think that you can be an executive assistant?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at West Health (La Jolla, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

First round phone interview with VP of BD. Subsequent invitation into La Jolla offices for in person interviews with SVPs and other members of the BD team. Full day of interviews and subsequent dinner with the team.

Interview Questions

• Case questions framed around development challenges with technologies currently in development   1 Answer

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at West Health (La Jolla, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Spoke with 2 groups. First, spoke with the Data Scientist team and discussed the role of the position and expectations. Afterwards, spoke with the Data Analyst team and discussed more about the role. The total interview time was about 45 - 70 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What frameworks have you worked with?
      Talk about your projects on your resume?   Answer Question