WestJet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WestJet Interview Questions

Interviews at WestJet

2.8

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

Group interview with games like memorization, role play and individual interviews. Didn't enjoy the group dynamic of 30 people. It felt fake as some were obviously chosen to meet their employment equity mandate but likely they already had who they knew they were going to hire in the room.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

she was very nice and I wish there were more like her in the training dept. Unfortunately when I was there for a few weeks of training, some were nice, others were military like.

Interview Questions

• what did you do to prepare for this interview   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process was not very professional. The interviewers ended up bickering with each other. A full out gossip fest. I was not impressed. They were very confusing and kept wanting me to submit different answers for the same questions. Trying to show favoritism between the two. I would suggest that they correlate and make sure that the interviewers are in sync with each other before they start the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to make a citizen's arrest??   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

Was pretty easy just be yourself polite courteous the whole process took two weeks. I applied and sent my resume online they did a telephone interview and then a face to face and a week later I was contacted.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2010.

Interview

Despite Westjet's slogan that the staff are fun and friendly...I found it to be the complete opposite when it comes to requesting for company information and an information interview. Information interview is a process where an individual wants to learn more about a company that's beyond what is written on their website, and usually one would request no more than 15 min of their time to ask questions about the company process, philosophies. An information interview is NOT a desparate plead for employment. I was stonewalled by the receptionist, and she absolutely refused to give out any company information or allow me to talk to someone else that would know more about the area that I am interested in (safety). I decided to try again at the encouragement of my job coach. When I called again, a new receptionist that seems have just started and unfamiliar with the Westjet way, transferred me to the Safety Evaluation department, and a lady answered the call. After I am communicated to her that I am looking for an Information Interview she immediately HUNG UP on me!! I even called back just in case it was a technical glitch, and left a message. I never got a call back. It has been about a month now.

I did quite a few information interviews with other companies before, whether it's face to face or over the phone. I never seen this type of resistance to request for more information. Apparently, when I talked to other people, westjet has a reputation for being very secretive, and the receptionist stonewalling those callers wanting more information. This leads me to believe that they got something to hide, and that is never a good sign. Since it is not just one person, this type of rude behavior must be encouraged from the very top of their organizational hierrachy. I have since given up as I don't want to work with such rude, non-transparent organization.

Interview Questions

• I am interested in learning more about your company, can I set up an information interview with you? (Over the phone)   1 Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a call after 2 months. Received an interview schedule and it went well. Had invited once more to meet with the entire team. Received an offer for the position but declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• A common question such as situational problem that you had that relates to an environment that you are supporting   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online on 4/10/2017 and received an invitation to interview by email on 5/5/2017. The interview was at WestJet Learning Center on Airport Road on 5/11/5017. I first needed to register myself along with a copy of my valid passport and updated resume, and did height test, then one on one interview. I was told that I would receive an email within 3 weeks if I passed. It's been a week and I have not heard from them.......fingers cross!! Is there anyone who attended the interview on 5/11/2017???

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WestJet?
      What did you do to prepare for this interview?
      Tell me about your resume?
      What is your strength and weakness?
      Why did you apply for this position?
      Why should we hire you out of all the candidates?
      What would you do if you had a disruptive passenger?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

I moved to this position from another position within WestJet. The interview process is good, mostly behavioural based. I find these questions a little harder than need be.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where something didn't turn out the way you wanted and how did you change it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation you basically take what you are given

Tac Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

Group interview (15 people) . Introduce yourself, one group activity, and answering some random question (eg; what is your favourite food , what is your favourite reality show? What would you take with you o an serates island etc?

AME Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

After submitting resume through the website was initially contacted by email to arrange an initial phone interview. Phone interview was basic information, wages, experience and qualifications and expectations. After that a personal interview was setup. The interview was with the base manager, one of the leads and a representative from HR department. It was conducted in a very friendly, casual and professional manner. An official job offer was received a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to ENFORCE the Canadian regulations in your career?   1 Answer