WestJet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WestJet Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

Customer Service Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process was not very professional. The interviewers ended up bickering with each other. A full out gossip fest. I was not impressed. They were very confusing and kept wanting me to submit different answers for the same questions. Trying to show favoritism between the two. I would suggest that they correlate and make sure that the interviewers are in sync with each other before they start the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to make a citizen's arrest??   Answer Question

Guest Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Started off with a brief phone interview - Was then asked to come in for an in-person/group interview. Started with a 1 on 1 interview where I was asked 4-5 questions. It was then followed up by a group "interview" & Q/A period. Everyone was asked to introduce themselves and tell an embarrassing story to the group. Then you were asked to pick a topic out of a hat that you were then required to speak about in from of the group for a minimum of 2 minutes. After this we were told a little more about the job and the hiring process. We were then allowed to ask any questions we may have.

Interview Questions

• Why Do you want to work for West Jet?
      Explain a time in which you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Have you ever had an issue with a fellow colleague/what happened and how was it resolved?
      Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

Applied online than in a week got an email about phone interview in a 2 days. Phone interview was 5 min , very easy basic questions .They told wait for 2 weeks , I should get an email about next step .In 6 days after my phone interview my status in website change from in progress to unsuccessfull at this time.I am very disappointing

Interview Questions

• Why is a Flight Attendant? How many languages do you speak ? And what are they? What do you know about Westjet?   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I was interviewed by manager with a QA Senior level. Discussion was about general qa processes, background and experience and my skill level. Process took 5 weeks. My overall experience was good about organization. They were not utilizing automation tools at that time. Interview took in Calgary alberta.

Interview Questions

• tell me about qa implementation in projects   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Golden, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I did an Online interview a few days ago. started very well. I was very confident, until the French part came. I'm from Quebec so I understand French, but it was my first time doing an online interview, I kinda froze to what I was going to say. Fingers crossed for the next interview, where I'd do much better in person.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I sent in application online and received email confirmation on interview within 3 days. The interview consist of height test, and one on one interview. There were only a few of us so I don't think there was a group interview. There are situational questions as well as in-flight questions. The process took about 30-40 min. They said they will let me know by email within 2 weeks and if I do get hired, there will be medical test as well as first aid class I need to take on my own.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an intoxicated passenger who was rude and loud? Other passengers are concerned about the passenger, how would you talk to them?

Tell me a time when you went above and beyond a customers expectation?
      Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on November 24, 2016. They email right away for a F2F, passed the F2F. Did not have to go into a group interview, because thank god WestJet got rid of that (WJ recruiter told me) after the interview the next day I got an email for a reference and background check. After you pass you get an email that you're in a pool. The process was very long within the pool. On Jan 17, I was called that I was invited to training in late March. After that you have to do the drug test and POET test which is a physical test that they just test you on your physical abilities and see if you can do the job. After that a week later I got an email for me to sign an official offer from WestJet. The process is very long guys. Don't be discouraged! You just need a lot of patience! Good luck to everyone applying at WJ.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WestJet? What did you do to prepare for this interview? Tell me about your resume? Why do you think we should hire you out of all the candidates? What would you do if you had a disruptive passenger?   Answer Question

Guest Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

One on One is very short; 10-15min? I feel like I wanted to answer more questions but since there are 11 of us that needs to be interviewed, and im the second to the last who got interviewed, I feel like the time is not enough.After the 1on1 interview, a group interview/activity is followed.. total of 3hrs combine.Very fun process. For group acitivity they will ask you things like: Tell me an interesting thing about yourself; If you will fly to OGG, who do you want to bring and why;

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you go beyond your passenger's needs/expectation.   1 Answer
    • Why Westjet?   Answer Question
    • Give a time when you have to work with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Air Supply Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Nothing like any of the interviews I had read about. VERY POSITIVE experience. There was a one on one interview with a member of the ASA Team & then a group intro, then ASA info & game.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your resume. What have you done to help another team member out.   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview, then one in person.The phone interview was simple, she asked for a few examples of good customer service I provided.
    The in-person interview was great. The two girls were exceptionally friendly and I felt comfortable. We laughed a lot which was a good sign!