Westamerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 29, 2016

2.8

Middle Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Westamerica (Vacaville, CA).

Interview

4 In person Interviews with various senior managers including interview with the CEO, David Payne.
    5 personal reference checks completed by the employer with positive feedback obtained. Although well qualified for the role, it did seem as if they made extra effort to find problems with my background. I acknowledged that did have some short tenure of employment over the past few years and that seemed to be the primary rational the company used for not feeling comfortable to extend an offer.

Business Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Westamerica (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Poor Quality interview. Recruiters and management were not on the same page with scheduling and follow through. HR people seem to be very new or maybe not held to a high enough standard compared to other banks I have dealt with.

Interview Questions

• Standard selling question. Tell me about a time you had trouble reaching a goal and what you did to turn it around.   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Westamerica.

Interview

I would never work for this company!! Went through several interviews for a CSM position in the Bay Area. Recruiters are amazing and the district manager is an awesome person, however the regional manager is an older person stuck with a 1950's mentality. Mind you I have over 10 years experience as an accomplished manager she was stuck on the fact that I had changed banks 3 times in a 10 year time frame. The process was 6 months because they couldn't make up their minds. I'm so glad I didn't join them, I just wished I didn't waste all this time!!

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westamerica (Novato, CA).

Interview

Applied online, with no response. Applied for a different position a month later, which I was not qualified for. Asked about the first position, after 1 month without a response. Was interviewed on a Friday by 3 RSMs at once, was hired the same day, started work the following Monday. Was told a "story" about why corporate titles are not given when hired, and exaggerated incentive compensation about previous manager who had long-term stable staff, which didn't compare to the ability to earn incentive with a brand new staff.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Westamerica (Modesto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial communication with HR recruiter was excellent. She was concise and detailed and very helpful and upbeat. After that the next interview was with 2 of the officers of the branch. They were very polite and presented themselves in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• The only negative I came away with was that one of the interviewers assumed I was retiring and only coming back to work for extra money. This is not the case and I felt it was because of my age that I did not get the position.   Answer Question

Teller II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westamerica.

Interview

Initial contact, after filling out the application, is done through a recruiter who will call you from the Westamerica Bank headquarters.
    This is then followed up by a telephone interview which you can schedule during initial contact or choose to conduct the interview during time of initial contact. This interview consists of typical questions to gauge your interest in the position. Asks about previous experience, cash handling, etc.
    After the phone interview all applicants are sent to a testing site where they are tested on basic math skills in a timed setting. Multiple choice questions will be asked. calculator use allowed
    After math test applicants are interviewed by branch manager(s), personally i was interviewed by two different branch managers who conducted the interviews. Questions mostly geared towards your ability to "sell" their products to clients.
    Lots of background checks but no drug tests.
    NO DRUG TESTING

Interview Questions

• What is something you were very passionate about?   1 Answer

Teller III Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westamerica.

Interview

I applied nonlinear with no response, bit when I went into the branch I was given an interview with a small test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always ask for more than they offer for your salary.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westamerica (Fairfield, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Met the company recruiter at a job fair on a Thursday. Handed resume as they were not conducting interviews at site.
    Was called 2 business days later. Setup phone interview for next day.
    Next day. Phone interview. Went well, asked basic questions for position mostly personality towards the end.
    Was called again 1 day later scheduled for in person interview.
    Was called again 2 days later and offered position.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled situations that were extremely urgent when you had other tasks to complete that were also important.   1 Answer

Loan Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westamerica (Fairfield, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

The Manager was in a hurry. Didn't seem to have time for me. My best guess is the decision had already been made and the interview was just a formality because I was internal.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what ____, _____, ____?   1 Answer