Westpac Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westpac Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2018

2.9

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

Application submitted via internal recruiting portal, so did not need to do aptitude and personality tests. Went through three rounds: phone interview, face to face with role manager, and face to face with state or regional manager. Previous term in role requirements and unwillingness for manager to approve transition resulted in delayed start date. Managers in new team were open and willing to accept conditions, to secure talent. Regular follow ups from HR and new manager throughout the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Outlining key events, news or information from recent market and economics updates.   1 Answer

Java Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2014.

Interview

I went through consultant. Scheduled an interview very quickly.

Interviewer came very late.
    He carried a different person's CV for my interview.
    I gave him my CV and my recent award's/recognition letter which he doesn't bother to see.
    Interviewer asked question about integration which i have exhaustive experience in my current job for which i have been recognized in my current org and explained him.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer is not prepared or occupied with something else.   Answer Question

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kogarah (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Kogarah (Australia)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied on line and received an email the following day requesting that I complete an online assessment and 2 weeks later I received a call regarding an interview.
    The interview was relaxed and very comfortable. I didn't feel pressured at all and loved the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a change that is missing significant detail in its implementation plan?   Answer Question

Change Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Westpac Group in May 2010.

Interview

One on one interview with change director. It was mainly walk-me-through-your-resume style.

CIB Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group.

Interview

Took nearly 2 month, went through psychometric testing, video interview and Assessment Centre. The most difficult part was the AC. The interview can be quite difficult if you haven't done your homework

CIB Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group.

Interview

Online testing, Video Interview, followed by an Assessment Centre.

Really enjoyed the whole process and found the relationship managers at the assessment centre to be fantastic, I completed the AC on Wednesday and found out I was successful the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with conflict in a group?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

First round- face to face with team leader
    Second round- telephony round nxt day
    Third round- department head
    interview was conducted in 2 days and confirmation was received within a week.
    question- tell me about yourself, past exp

Interview Questions

• was only asked about my experience in previous organisation and everything was related to my resume. I Decline as job profile was not that interesting and salary package was not that competitive and third party payroll on contract basis.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westpac Group in October 2017.

Interview

Easy and friendly, interviewer explained things well and the discussion was lively. The interview went for an hour and there was a lot of good back and forth that was very positive. I asked at the end if there were any questions for me and was told no and that I had done great, I made it to the final two however missed out on securing the role. I felt a bit disheartened and thought perhaps maybe they should have asked a few questions in the end but overall the interview process was very professional and friendly and positive.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

Online application was very easy to put in, one of the only ones without a cover letter or extended question response. Online testing was then required before video interview. AC invite included two senior interviews and a group activity. Relatively easy AC but competition very tough. Did not receive an offer. Can't really prepare for group assessment, standard fit interview.

Interview Questions

• Elevator pitch - why should we hire you in 60 seconds ?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

The interview was conducted at an Assessment Centre. There were two interviewers to one candidate. Asked a series of interview questions and had time for questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a relevant story that you've recently heard from the news.   Answer Question