Westpac Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westpac Group Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2018

2.9

Graduate Interview

Interview

Online application (very quick and easy, no cover letter required), online testing (psychometric, numerical etc), video interview (online, basic questions), assessment centre (group activity, individual case study and individual interview).

Graduate Interview

Interview

Fill out an application online with details. Pretty stock standard through an alternate website. The invited to an online assessment which involved verbal, numerical and logical reasoning, which was done in a game format.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westpac Group.

Interview

I Applied on the Westpac website and got an invite for Gallup assessment. After finishing the assessment and immediately got invite for Sonru interview. The questions are the same as widely available on the glassdoor. There are 9 questions in total. Now I am preparing the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you think a typical day will be like in your role
      2. What does outstanding customer service mean to you?
      3. We're all about creating magic moments for our customers. Can you tell me about a time you have totally 'wowed' and impressed one of your customers?
      4. What type of experience have you had working to sales targets? Now's your time to shine! Tell me about your biggest achievement.
      5. When someone asks you to do a task out of your role, how do you respond? What have you done that was outside of your role?
      6. How did you deal with the conflicting priorities in a busy work environment?
      7. Do you have any such customer who hasn't asked any questions but you know what their question was and how did you answer
      8. Whats steps have you taken to develop a strong customer relationship?
      9. You now have 2 mins make a summary about this interview.   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Interview

Great, they were very nice and made the process very easy for myself. Online assessment, online interview and dace to face. Great, they were very nice and made the process very easy for myself. Online assessment, online interview and dace to face.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in May 2018.

Interview

Extensive psychometric testing at the start (Revelian + additional games), then received a video interview ~3 weeks later. Questions were straightforward, and I was rejected after that stage.
    Overall it was a (relatively) quick interview process, and is worth a shot at.

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kogarah (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Kogarah (Australia)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied on line and received an email the following day requesting that I complete an online assessment and 2 weeks later I received a call regarding an interview.
    The interview was relaxed and very comfortable. I didn't feel pressured at all and loved the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a change that is missing significant detail in its implementation plan?   Answer Question

Transformation Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied Online (11th March)

Online Assessment (13th April)

Video Interview (16th April)
    - Why Westpac and why this division of Westpac
    - A strength and weakness of Transformation
    - Time you have dealt with difficult or demanding customer(s) and what you did to resolve or help out.
    - 60 Seconds to Sell Yourself
    - Anything else to add

Assessment Center (email - 27th April, attended - 3rd May)
    - Group task --> make sure to speak up, especially if you're an introvert in a group of extroverts
    - Individual task --> be innovative
    - Individual interview --> based off their values

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Interview

Online assessment, Sonru video interview, then face to face interview with branch manager and assistant manager. Sonru interview questions were exactly as described in the other reviews. Interview at the branch was quite similar with behavioural questions plus the typical ones like tell us more about you or where do you see yourself in 18-24 months...

Interview Questions

• Decribe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • A time when you had an issue with a coworker and how did you solve it   Answer Question
    • A time when you failed something but then succeeded later, what lessons have you learned from that   Answer Question

Business Essentials Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Epping, New South Wales (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Epping, New South Wales (Australia)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through a Hays recruitment ad on seek.com.au using my resume.
    I then received an email saying my application progressed and to complete the Gallup test. This took me approx 20 minutes and was a personality type quiz with the answers being multiple choice.
    I then received a phone call and did a phone interview. At the end of the call I was asked to attend an assessment centre 3 business days later.
    I attended this assessment centre and it was a group setting with a team building exercise, one on one interview, role play and presentation from a Manager within Westpac. The team build exercise is to see if you allow people to talk, listen properly, communicate clearly and also how personable you are.

Interview Questions

• Could you give an example of a time where you had an angry or upset customer and because of your customer service the situation ended with a win win result?   Answer Question
    • Could you give an example of a time you gave exceptional customer service?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email for Galup test. I paased the test and then got an email immediately for a video interview. I prepared myself for the video interview and practiced for a week. I used this website to have an idea about the possible questions. I filmed myself and tried to finish my answers within the time frame ( 1:30 min per questions). Finally I passed the video interview and had a phone call a week after to set a face to face interview at the branch. Now I prepare for the main interview at the branch.

Interview Questions

• You now have 2 mins to ask any questions about Westpac and make a summary about this interview.   1 Answer
    • what for you is excellent customer service?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any such customer who hasn't asked any questions but you know what there question was and how did you answer   Answer Question