Westpac Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westpac Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

Customer Service Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group.

Interview

Firstly, a Gallup questionnaire, this takes about 45 minutes to complete.
    Secondly, if successfully pass step one, you will get an online interview via Sonru, this takes about 30 minutes to complete.
    Thirdly, it's an SHL Assessment that takes up to 35 minutes to complete.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Adelaide (Australia)).

Interview

Two assessment centres, consisting of an interview, group activities, role play and some individual work.
    The interviews were quite short, consisting of some behavioural questions, and some more general questions. The group activities were very focused on the core values of the company, and seeing how you work together as a team. The role play assessed certain criteria on how you would address customers and brokers.

Interview Questions

• Talk us through a difficult problem you worked through.   Answer Question
    • If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

I apply on line, and passed the online test,I invited to have an video interview! There are nine questions, simple to understand but not easy to answer.you need to do some preparation

Interview Questions

• A time Owoed your customer
      Money handling experiment
      How to deliver a outstanding customer service
      Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Parramatta (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westpac Group (City of Parramatta (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

online test and internet interview, I did really bad in the online interview actually, however I got the chance to the face to face interview tomorrow, so will see how it goes

Banking Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Brisbane (Australia)).

Interview

Online questionnaire to begin, a phone call to follow then the face to face interview. They appreciated my brutally honest answers with a couple of the questions, and one of my interviewers became my boss.

Interview Questions

• About how to ensure the right product or service was provided to the customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (South Africa)).

Interview

Hiring process: Online application, psychrometric testing, video interview and then assessment centre.
    Assessment centre: Interview, individual case study and presentation, group activity.
    The interview was very structured and included several behavioural questions linked clearly to the corporate values, so make sure you have practiced some examples and likely questions you think will pop up. Always use the STAR method as this will make sure you clearly describe your examples. Understanding the current conditions of the financial sector in Australia, Westpac's strategy and competitors is also very important, as this was asked to gauge my knowledge and interest in the industry as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you tell me about some recent developments in the financial sector and how Westpac's strategy and vision address these?
      Q: Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult or disagreeable client?
      Q: Tell me about a time where you worked on a project and had to adapt to new circumstances?
      Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Canberra (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and easy to understand, The time given to prepare for the answer gives the individual a chance to very well organise the thought flow.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward and efficient process, was automatically asked to first complete the personality/behaviour assessment online - 20 mins and then progressed to the video interview consisting of 9 questions via Sonru and submitted my application. The talent acquisition team was quick to respond as I was notified the following day of the outcome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Process was very quick. After applying online, I got an email to do the Gallup assessment online - based on your personality and behaviour. Right after that I got an email saying I get to do a video interview via Sonru. The interview was about 30min and consisted of 9 questions. Most questions are customer service based and previous experiences with your role. You also get 2 minutes in the end to add on anything you like.

Interview Questions

• When was one time you WOW'd a customer?   Answer Question
    • How do you deliver excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience in cash handling? How have you dealt with this under pressure and how did you manage?   Answer Question
    • If successful, where do you see yourself in 12-24 months?   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

I applied online through Westpac careers site last July for a Teller position. I did have a referral from a friend who works at Westpac HQ. I received an invite to the assessment and soon after I received an invite for a video interview. The interview questions weren't too hard, mainly about your experiences related to your customer service experiences from your previous roles and how you dealt with different situations. However did pretty bad with the video interview as it was my first experience doing so and the fact that it had time limits to you answering the questions were pressuring.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the experience when you wowed your customer by going above and beyond their request.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Westpac?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your cash handling experience under pressure and how you managed it.   Answer Question