White & Case Interview Questions | Glassdoor

White & Case Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2018

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White & Case (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview was for an opening in one of their European offices. I was interviewed by two really nice gentlemen. They asked me 10 questions in total and the interview was made in a really friendly manner.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at White & Case (Miami, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

Regular law firm interview process. On-campus portion followed by a call back interview lasting 4-5 hours.

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at White & Case.

Interview

It's was very normal. The questions were mostly all resume and experience related, with a few questions about teamwork skills. There was a phone interview with a partner, and then an in-person panel-type interview with multiple partners. The in-person interview questions were all more, "tell me about yourself" type of questions, and directed towards resume and background, especially relating to the type of work the firm's group does.

I overall enjoyed the experience, and everyone I met was great.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work in a team and faced difficulty with a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at White & Case (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with several associates and partners, and head of recruiting, for 20-30 mins each. With each individual associate and partner, we talked at length about the firm and its numerous offices around the world, and the firm's practice groups and in particular the practice group I would be joining.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to our team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at White & Case (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with several attorneys one after another. Video interview with another. It was a typical law firm interview, with the additional video conference because the attorney was away on business. Not too difficult or surprising in any way. Lunch followed.

Associate Attorney Interview

Interview

During an interview for the Miami office, the interviewers were very clear that associates were expected to work just as much as if they were in the New York office. The type of work, however, was much more Central and South America focused.

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at White & Case in July 2014.

Interview

Over the phone interview, recruiter, and management team member. Asked questions about background, supported environments, trying to get a full understanding of services offered, and asked real detail questions about supporting services.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at White & Case.

Interview

I went through two rounds of interviews. Each round was about three hours. The first involved an interview with legal assistant administrators, the second with attorneys. The process was very conversational, and focused more on personality and work ethic.

Head of Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at White & Case (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

2 interviews with OEP, final interview with 2 CFO (of different levels), quite positive attitude to candidate, without arrogance which you can feel in some companies during interview;
    the reason why decision was made quickly was that the firm really needed a replacement of former employee

Interview Questions

• general question re previous experience, skills, attitude to work, ability to cope with the issues etc.   1 Answer

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at White & Case in April 2017.

Interview

Call with a partner and afterwards, call with a managing partner (it was to cover an unexpected, on-demand position so the procedure was not as long as it is usually).

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in our department in particular?   Answer Question