Whitepages Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 143 of over 143 interviews

Campus Recruiting14%
Employee Referral10%
HardAverageEasy

Whitepages

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages

Interview

Did a coding challenge and the was called for a phone screen. The interviewer was nice, but hadn't read my resume before the phone screen and so didn't complete the phone screen.

Interview Questions
  • Array hopping
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whitepages (Budapest)

Interview

First I received a call from the HR representative of the company. This was a very professional conversation and I learnt a lot about what they are looking for and how they go about interviewing. Then came the ArrayHopper coding homework (I liked the fact they applied this to managers as well). I completed it in about an hour and then spent another hour making sure there are no edge cases uncovered, then turned in. I then got a call more than a week later with the same recruiter telling me that "your program doesn't work", without any explanation. On request I was promised they'd send some more feedback details offline but that has never happened. This kind of blanket feedback is appalling, really hope that this is not a trademark of the company, just an unlucky one-off.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in Aug 2019

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. Internal recruiter contacted me a couple days later to schedule initial screening. She and I had an initial 30 minute phone call scheduled (it went for 45 minutes because of all my questions for her) . It was very back and forth making sure all of her questions about me were answered and that all my questions about the role and the company were answered as well. The next day we exchanged emails to schedule the in person interview loop. Since I would be a hiring manager of technical folks I interviewed with a mix of technical folks, Senior Management and product people. The interviews were conversational, detailed and thoughtful. Everyone I interacted with was excited about being a part of the company, explained the challenges in front of them and how this role would be key in solving those challenges. They asked good interview questions -- it was clear they weren't looking for a unicorn, but someone who could lead the people and the technology without coding it themselves or micromanaging. With the technical folks I was asked how I would solve X problem ( from both a management plan, down to the technical infrastructure pieces and tools I would put in place for implementation and how that would be architected). The interview loop was a little over 4 hours. 2 days later I was contacted via email to schedule a meeting with the internal recruiter so they could deliver the news that they were going to extend me an offer. The next day after I was called by the hiring manager with the details of the offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Whitepages

Application

I interviewed at Whitepages

Interview

The first step was a Hackerrank. After that I received an email from a recruiter for a phone interview. Was told that the recruiter would be on vacation. So we extended the appointment two weeks into the future. On the day of the interview I did not received a phone call. So I emailed the recruiter again. We then rescheduled. Again, on that day, I had to notify the recruiter that the phone call is today. After the phone screen, the next step was a coding challenge with an engineer. After thinking about it, I ended the interview process since my experienced was very negative. Interview process takes up a lot of effort and time! Please be more considerate of candidate's time!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Whitepages

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages in Apr 2019

Interview

Emailed me with a Hackerrank challenge. No call from any real person, and email response was automated. Coding challenge took me 3 hours, did it genuinely. Checked later and found it was a hard leetcode question with a twist, and I still didn't get to go to the next step even though I met all the requirements. I doubt anyone actually looked at my code. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages (Amsterdam)

Interview

Firstly I want to WARN everyone that applies with Whitepages to be aware that you will invest a lot of time for nothing. I will share my experience very detailed in order help other applicants to not go through the same BS like myself. 1. Interview: Video call with HR and the managers in charge for Amsterdam. Pretty straight forward usual questions nothing special. I received also quick feedback and got invited for a face to face interview in the office. 2. Interview: Face to face intervie with the manager in charge, usual questions finding out about the company as well as they about myself. Discussing the role and expectations, went well it was obvious they will invite me for the 3 and final round interview, however it was not clearly explained how the 3 interview will be and what is expected. HR reached out to me via email inviting me for the third round interview asking me to fill out some information about background checks references etc. as well as asking me to prepare a powerpoint presentation which I was supposed to present in the final interview. The task that I was supposed to prepare for the presentation was supposed to be shared with me 48 hours before the interview, which ofcours didn't happen, it was only shared with me after I wrote a reminder email. Additional key information, I was supposed to meet 8 different people during this final interview loop which by the way was scheduled for 5 HOURS ( I thought there must be a mistake) 3 interview: I arrive there to the agreed time, I got one coffee offered and tap water in the between and 2 breaks, apart from that it was basically like a interrogation talking to different people and departments getting all those fake questions asked. It is one of those interviews where you think are you here because they want to hire you or are they looking for reasons to not hire you. Bottom line, bunch of wannabe, time waste and not credible, you literally feel and see that they are internally not aligned as well as you need to be particularly weird to work there or you give up on your life. Last but not least they expect you to keep on agreed timelines and inform them on time but they themselves take the privilege to not do so.

Interview Questions
  • Have you informed yourself about me, was one of the questions that I got asked What was your biggest deal What was a deal that you failed Are you willing to travel a lot Are you going to come into the office the day after a business trip Are you willing to contribute to the company culture / the DNA that we will implement from US in EMEA
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in Apr 2019

Interview

Reached out to the hiring manager, met with him for coffee, then invited in for on-site loop which consisted of 4 one-on-one interviews with members of the team and managers, plus an exercise.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Whitepages

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages in Apr 2019

Interview

I received an online coding challenge via HackerRank. I spent a significant effort making sure it passed the edge cases. I went further, explained the code in comments and refactored it as well. No response. Not even a rejection. I sent a couple follow up emails and still nothing. Do not waste your time taking this challenge. It's not trivial and they don't even have the courtesy to respond. Spend your time studying or anything else productive.

Interview Questions
  • Array hopper. you have to return the indices as well so its a bit more complex than the one found online

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA)

Interview

Initial call, the recruiter was 30 min late, they asked via email to reschedule for the following day. Recruiter called 15 min late for rescheduled call, asked simple questions to gauge personality and business acumen. After the call I was sent a link with an NDA and options for scheduling a call with the hiring manager. Next call with hiring manager, who was also late to scheduled call time, couldn't succinctly answer questions related to the product or customer base. Most of the call with hiring manager focused on my past relevant experience. I was sent an invitation for an onsite 1:1, and an ask that I make myself available for this meeting early in the week. After making changes to my schedule for an early week meeting they emailed asked for a meeting date at the end of the week. After shuffling my schedule again to accommodate their ask, they cancelled the meeting the day before indicating that they would not be moving forward. The end result being a colossal waste of my time and their companies resources.

Interview Questions
  • How would your past successes translate to a product/customer base like ours.

Whitepages

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages

Interview

Coding Challenge, 15 minute phone screen, 2 technical phone interviews, and a final onsite. While the engineers were great to talk to, and the culture seems great, but my recruiter lacked a lot of communication. Can't reveal more information, but it felt like they were telling me lies to stall for time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 143 Interviews