Whitepages Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2018

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Step 1: Coding Assignment

Step 2: First Interview -- this was a phone call, and not too difficult -- it's to see how well you logically solve through a problem.

Step 3: Second Interview -- this was another phone call, and a much harder data structures question. I am not sure how I answered, but it was definitely dynamic programming. Practice with Leetcode or Cracking the Coding Interview.

Step 4: On-site Interview -- they fly you out to Seattle, unless you live there. Several interviews are conducted to see if you fit in the role you are specifically applying for.

Overall, they are very transparent throughout the process and flexible around your time schedule.

Interview Questions

• Array Hopper, Dynamic Programming question, String question, HTML/CSS & JavaScript assignment, and Fullstack Drawing Board Question.   1 Answer

Dec 20, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your thorough feedback, we are excited to see you around the office!

Best Regards,
    Conor Garside

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

4-5 hour interview, meetings with 5 different members of the sales team, and a mock sales call exercise. Everyone was very nice, and more than willing to answer any questions I might have. Lunch was provided!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whitepages.

Interview

Really quick and seamless process. I was contacted by the recruiter via Linkedin. We got coffee and chatted about that role and in the same week, I came in for my onsite interview.

For the onsite interview, I had to prepare an exercise that they sent over the day before - I really appreciated this part because I was able to get a peek into the day in the life of an RC and the responsibilities they have. I had several rounds of interviews with people on the team I'd be working with, presented my exercise, and met with the recruiter at the end. Everyone was friendly and I was able to get a good sense of the culture that exists here.

Received an offer early the following week. The recruiter was in constant contact with me, providing me updates as they occurred so I appreciated the transparency.

Interview Questions

Whitepages Response

Nov 2, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hi,

Welcome to the team! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad to have you on board!

Thanks,
    Amanda

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages.

Interview

Hackerrank and recruiter call-- My advice, don't bother wasting your time on the test. Its a hard problem and doesn't matter if you answered right, they'll reject you if you're not based in Seattle.

I'm not sure what prompted the rejection based on a pretty standard(going over resume and what I'd like to do) recruiter call.

Interview Questions

Whitepages Response

Oct 5, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear your experience was negative since we did not move forward. While we screen for many factors during the initial phone interview, I can assure... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whitepages (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online to whitepages for new grad software developer. Got an online coding test for the same. Solved the questions and passed all the test cases. Still got a reject for the same

Interview Questions

• Given an array of non-negative integers, you are initially positioned at the first index of the array.

Each element in the array represents your maximum jump length at that position.

Determine if you are able to reach the last index.   Answer Question

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback on our interview process. Our engineering team reviews coding challenges based on multiple factors. While passing the test cases is important, our team also... More

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

One Phone Interview with HR ( background, role and how you would fit in). HR was pretty cool.

Second video Call ( hiring manager)

My experience with Hiring manager was not good. He seemed to be very arrogant with his reply. I might not know what you have asked but be humble, don't show wrong attitude. I feel blessed not to get hired here. I applied coz ppl working at WP has great reviews. but my interview exp was aweful. Instead of open discussion I felt as if interview id more boasting about his knowledge in front of me.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you write www.whitepages.com in URL   1 Answer
    • How you validate the phone number? ( he was looking for answers in terms of performance, load testing etc and not accuracy of number)   1 Answer
    • what is web service? What is header request? what typical web service look like?   1 Answer

Nov 20, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hi,

Thank you for your honest feedback. It's unfortunate to hear that your experience speaking with the hiring manager was not positive, as we encourage all interviews to be open and... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiter send me the email for code challenge using Hackerrank, it is dynamic programming question, like jump game. But I forget to check whether the input is valid. So failed the process.

Interview Questions

• A dynamic programming question, given an array [3,2,1,5,6], you can jump 3 step in index 0, 2 step in index 1, 1 steps in index 3, 5 steps index 4, 6 steps in index 5. Decide the minimum number of jump.   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello, and thank you for sharing your experience interviewing with us! While we didn't move forward this time around, we hope you will keep an eye out for future roles here at Whitepages.

Thanks... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whitepages in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiters respond very quick after the campus career fair. I received a coding challenge, which last for 4 hrs. But unfortunately I didn't come up with the optimal solution of the code challenge.

Interview Questions

Whitepages Response

Hi,

Thanks for coming out to meet us at the Career Fair - I hope you got some great swag at our table! I'm happy to hear you heard back from us in a timely manner. While we didn't move forward... More

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whitepages in October 2017.

Interview

I did the online code challenge, the code challenge is not hard, but failed because I forgot to check inputs. I submitted my application in university career fair, and received the code challenge links in the same night.

Interview Questions

Whitepages Response

Nov 2, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience interviewing with us! While we didn't move forward this time around, we hope you will keep an eye out for future roles here at Whitepages.

Thanks... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school's career fair. A few days later, they sent me a code challenge . it was like the jump game, so it wasn't too bad. I used a greedy algorithm to solve it but they said my solution didn't need their expectation, so I don't know what was wrong with it.

Interview Questions

Whitepages Response

Dec 5, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hi,

Thanks for visiting with us at the career fair, and for providing feedback on your experience. In regards to the coding challenge, our engineering team reviews these based on multiple... More

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages in October 2017.

Interview

Was very excited to interview with them especially after seeing such high ratings and good reviews on Glassdoor. Unfortunately my experience with them was horrible:

- took almost two weeks of emailing to schedule an initial phone screen (very slow response)
    - on the day of the phone screen, HR texts me 10 mins after our call was supposed to start to say that she's stuck in a meeting and can't make it. asked to reschedule but never heard back
    - received an automated email the next day saying the position is closed
    - wrote a thank you email to them and they responded saying position is open again (wtf?)
    - scheduled a call, actually got on a call this time. call went well for 30 mins until literally the last question she had to ask: do you require sponsorship?
    - I answered that I did and the interview ended there. No where on the job listing or application did say that they wouldn't sponsor for this position. If you look at public records of H1B applications you will see that they have sponsored in the past.
    - so why did you wait 3 weeks to get on a phone call with me to tell me that you don't sponsor? what a waste of everyone's time

Interview Questions

Whitepages Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello,

Thanks for your in depth feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience was negative. Our business needs can change very quickly, and in this case we did close a role only to have it... More