Whitepages Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Step 1: Coding Assignment

Step 2: First Interview -- this was a phone call, and not too difficult -- it's to see how well you logically solve through a problem.

Step 3: Second Interview -- this was another phone call, and a much harder data structures question. I am not sure how I answered, but it was definitely dynamic programming. Practice with Leetcode or Cracking the Coding Interview.

Step 4: On-site Interview -- they fly you out to Seattle, unless you live there. Several interviews are conducted to see if you fit in the role you are specifically applying for.

Overall, they are very transparent throughout the process and flexible around your time schedule.

Interview Questions

• Array Hopper, Dynamic Programming question, String question, HTML/CSS & JavaScript assignment, and Fullstack Drawing Board Question.   1 Answer

Dec 20, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your thorough feedback, we are excited to see you around the office!

Best Regards,
    Conor Garside

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whitepages.

Interview

Received a coding quiz after applying. Question was a fairly difficult DP algorithm problem which you were given 4 hours to do. Recruiting staff was prompt with getting in touch and replying.

Interview Questions

• Medium to fairly difficult dynamic programming algorithm problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in July 2018.

Interview

Took an online coding exam, I believe through HackerRank. They gave three hours for the exam. The problem statement seemed clear, but I found out later I was docked for (what I believed to be) odd and poorly-articulated edge cases on possible input. But the feedback was pretty thorough and helpful.

Interview Questions

• It was a standard dynamic programming question, the bulk of the work (for me) was on writing the method to properly parse all the variations on entries into StdIn.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whitepages in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiters respond very quick after the campus career fair. I received a coding challenge, which last for 4 hrs. But unfortunately I didn't come up with the optimal solution of the code challenge.

Interview Questions

Whitepages Response

Oct 18, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hi,

Thanks for coming out to meet us at the Career Fair - I hope you got some great swag at our table! I'm happy to hear you heard back from us in a timely manner. While we didn't move forward... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online and was sent a 60 minute online coding challenge, which was fairly difficult. I thought I tested all possible test cases, but I was sent a rejection email a few days later.

Interview Questions

Whitepages Response

Sep 22, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hi,

Thanks for submitting your feedback! While we did not move forward this time around, we encourage you to reapply again in the future should you see openings you're interested in!

All the... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages.

Interview

Got the email asking to finish the coding challenge. Fairly straightforward DP problem - array hopper. Finish the question within 45mins. Passed all the test cases and I also did some tests using my own test scenarios. The codes were refactored and provided with comments about explaining my ideas. and the next day got a rejection letter saying that I didn't meet the criteria. I'm sure my algorithm is correct but still get rejection. totally waster of time for applications.

Interview Questions

Whitepages Response

Oct 6, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this feedback. While your code may have been correct, our engineering team does review challenges on additional factors, including readability, organization, and... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

i was contacted by one of the executives and then invited for a visit. i would say the recruiter is friendly and the office is very impressive. the executive took 15 minutes to give a big picture of business and technologies of the company. the communication is smooth and productive. then i have been introduced to an engineering manager and all negative experience starts: 1) do not feel be respect during the whole conversation; 2) that guy is definitely not a technical person; 3) the interview turns to be a completely personal-show of his "deep" knowledge even his question/solution is completely flawed.

Interview Questions

Whitepages Response

May 14, 2014 – Talent Outreach Manager

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We have addressed the issue internally.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whitepages.

Interview

Onsite interview, really nice place. There were four people interviewed me and the questions were getting harder, but not super hard. I met searching team and mobile team. People are nice around there. I learned a lot during the interview. They called me about three or four hours after the interview of the result.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whitepages in November 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews. The first went well enough to bump me up a tier in terms of the position they were considering me for (from new grad position to machine learning engineer), but the second interviewer then judged me based on my education and didn't believe I could be qualified for the position the first interviewer deemed me qualified for. Rather than putting me back in for the job I had originally applied for, they simply discontinued the interview process.

Interview Questions

• New grad questions were standard and rather simple. Machine Learning questions were much more narrow and specific to the field.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online for Software Engineer Internship position and got call from the recruiter in 2 weeks. I was asked to finish a online coding challenge. I cleared the first round and then was scheduled 2 skype interviews. Each interview was one hour long back to back interviews. I was asked to do some coding and design problems. Then we discussed about my previous experience and my projects. The interviewers were very nice and the whole process went very smooth. I got my offer in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I did a coding question at the career fair, which was easy. I think the staff was pretty satisfied with my answer and then I was invited to visit their office, followed by a coding challenge about a week later. I was rejected after the coding challenge even though I passed all the tests.