Wildflower Bread Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.2

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wildflower Bread Company (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call for a quick work history overview and related experience. Was offered to come in for an on-site interview scheduled a few days later. I met with the Recruiting manager and Director of IT. After the on-site interview I was called the next day for a 2nd interview with the IT Support Specialist that I would replace and the Chief Financial office (CFO).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to plan and execute a certain project related to the IT Field, list any obstacles you had to overcome during the project, the steps I took to overcome those obstacles, and the final outcome analysis of my superiors of said project.   1 Answer

Dishwashing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wildflower Bread Company (Flagstaff, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

They made it sound amazing until you get there and find out they have way too much work in every department because it seems they are too cheap to hire the appropriate amount of employees.

Interview Questions

Wildflower Bread Company Response

Sep 17, 2016 – Founder/President

Thank you for your feedback on interviewing with the Wildflower Bread Co. I appreciate your consideration of us as a potential employer, and am pleased that you felt you had a positive interview ... More

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wildflower Bread Company (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Applied online and then had an initial phone call with the hiring manager. He was nice but extremely unorganized. Called on the wrong day initially, and then when he rescheduled he called 10 minutes late. Spoke for 30 minutes and said he wanted me to come in for an in person interview with himself and the founder. The whole in-person experience was horrible! The hiring manager again, being extremely unorganized, didn't know what time we had scheduled and emailed me earlier in the day asking. Met with the hiring manager and the founder the hiring manager asked all the same questions that he had asked me on the phone previously. The founder asked some questions that needed explanations but said he wanted just "yes or no" answers. I see why Wildflower has A LOT of open positions. They want you to work Monday - Saturday and only pay you a small salary.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What intrigued you about Wildflower? Have you eaten at our competitors, as well as Wildflower and which did you like better?   Answer Question

Aug 8, 2016 – Founder/President

First, please let me sincerely apologize for my delayed response. Thank you for giving us feedback about your experience interviewing with us. We always intend to provide an exceptional interview ... More

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wildflower Bread Company (Gilbert, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Brief, I was refereed to from a friend who used to work there. Since I was going to be a dishwasher, there was little competition because of how garbage that job is. Sat down within a few minutes and the interview took maybe 15 at the most. Didn't get called for a while, so they kept my resume on file and ended up being called a few weeks later when they needed a new one.

Interview Questions

• Usual interview questions, 40 question personality quiz.   Answer Question

Feb 27, 2017 – HR Manager

I'm pleased you found the interview process comfortable. I am a little troubled by your experience as Dishwasher. That's a mission-critical role in our restaurants and we really do value each other ... More

Cashier Interview

Interview

quick and easy online. sat down with shift leader was asked if i ever worked food before, would i be willing to work full time and did i have any questions.

Negotiation

there was none

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sedona, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wildflower Bread Company (Sedona, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Very well mannered and straight to the point questions. Was told that this is going to be one of the toughest jobs you will ever have. He was right! This company has a new set of beliefs that govern how one should work here. A "Purpose" & "Value" tree. As well as a new communication skill set called, "Safe Space." This was explained in detailed and it took me about a year to fully understand it by me experiencing it. And let me tell you; WOW! This was one of the most energetic and pleasurable interviews I have every had. You felt as part of the team at that moment.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with others as a team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was very nice. It is hospitality and managers know that so negotiation was not really a be part of it. So much was offered at the beginning that one did not need to "haggle."

Breadhead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wildflower Bread Company (Tempe, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

After a phone call, I was told to meet for an interview. The interview was with the general manager at the restaurant's patio on a table with other 5 people. I felt like the interview was fair, because I think we all knew who was going to get hired based on answers, or the lack of. Because of the setup, I though the interview was very relaxing and fair.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience, scenario questions like what you will do in case of somebody had a problem with the food etc.   Answer Question

Dec 19, 2016 – HR Manager

We keenly value the feedback: it's a tricky balance between speedy and thoughtful when it comes to hiring. Glad you enjoyed your interview with us, and thanks being a Breadhead!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wildflower Bread Company.

Interview

I found their add on Craigslist. Job fair. Went in. Interviewed with District Manager I believe. He said I would be hired and if I didn't get a call before the weekend was over, then I was to call him personally. I got his card. I didn't need to call him, Wildflower called me, asking me to bring in my social security card and such. Easy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I knew about Wildflower values. I answered fine, as I had reviewed them on the craigslist add and a few stuck out to me. But our values are really important to us, so if you have an interview, don't BS this question. Our values are awesome and apply to everyone both in and out of the work force. Find a few that really speak to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you're doing a good job, you'll be working hard. Don't cheat yourself. You're worth more than min wage. And this is a company that values it employees. So ask for what you think you're worth. Or maybe better, ask for what you're happy with getting after working your butt off all day.

Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wildflower Bread Company (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

I submitted a resume/cover letter via Craigslist ad. I received a phone call the next day to come in for an interview. The woman I spoke with worked at the AZ "Corporate offices." I would describe her as direct, no nonsense, not personable via our phone conversation. She asked me to go onto the Wildflower website submit an application, but said the job I was applying for was so new that I should just post my information to any other job under the "Accounting" field. I did that and showed up for the interview the next day 15 minutes early.

When I arrived I was greeted by a receptionist who was less than warm and fuzzy and she gave me a 10 question, questionnaire to fill out. The questions were things like "who's your hero?" "what charitable organizations are you involved with?" "what is your dream job?" Etc, etc. I finished the questionnaire, my interview time came and I sat and waited another 15 minutes to be called in. When they were finally ready, I was greeted by 2 employees, the woman who set up the interview and a man who offered his name, but failed to identify his position.

From the get-go the interview can best be described as awkward. The woman proceeded to look through my questionnaire. She noted my answer to the dream job question, which I'd answered with "published author." She asked, "So published author, what's holding you back?" Aside from the fact that this was the first question asked, I found this borderline offensive and I don't see how this relates to my skill set in any way. I mean if the arts were paying the bills, would I really be looking for a job in the accounting field? I fumbled for an answer to this question and it was difficult to recover after this. Most interviews are a back and forth conversation, this felt much more like an interrogation with questions being asked in rapid succession and no commentary from the interviewers between questions creating a rapport. 98% of the questions were asked by the woman and the male just sat there, head down, expressionless, staring at a clip board. It was so awkward. If the male interviewer was put in the room to test me and make me uncomfortable to see how I react to this, it worked. I attempted several times to answer questions in his direction to no avail. When he finally said something, he still never made eye contact with,me.

I'm used to interviews being a conversation, an opportunity to communicate and get to know one another. The only thing this interviewer told me about the company was that everyone was like "Family." This must be a family short on words. If this is their mantra, then I suggest getting personable employees to conduct interviews, not personalities who appear as though they never speak to others. Truly awkward, felt like grilling by poor communicators rather than a constructive interview.

I was told I would be informed of application status either way. I sent a follow up email and received no response.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream job? What is holding you back from achieving your dream job?   1 Answer

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sedona, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wildflower Bread Company (Sedona, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

Everyone makes you feel welcome..manager will ask questions about yourself to help you get comfortable. They will let explain the purpose and the opportunity to grow right away.. Managers will help you through all the paperwork process.

Interview Questions

• I cannot think of anything, i felt very comfortable at all times..   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very encouraging to feel that I could work in a place that could help me enjoy my everyday work experience and at the same time be able to spend time with my children, specially happy that I could grow at the same time.

Jul 18, 2014 – Founder & President

We are so happy to hear that you had a great interview experience and that you felt welcome and comfortable! It is also great to hear that we have been flexible with your schedule and supportive of ... More