Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.8

Program Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clermont, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Clermont, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Great initial communication. Created false expectation. The follow-up for next stage was poor. Committed to a next interview but never followed through. Attempted communications resulted in response. Recruiter was nice and professional.

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

The Education Services division is notorious for putting candidates through multiple rounds of interviews. I had 8 before I received an offer and that is the norm. They were a mix of phone and in-person interviews with HR, the immediate supervisor, higher ups, and co-workers.

Manager Interview

Interview

Phone/In-person call back 2 t0 3 business days. Demonstrate verbally skill knowledge for position. Interviewed by 2 to 3 peers on team and then Managers,review of basic skills required for position Q and A on skills, experience, people skills etc. Discussion of the corporate culture and the changes of the years

Interview Questions

• Review of basic skills required for position Q and A on skills, experience, people skills etc.   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

One phone interview with recruiter, one phone interview with hiring manager, one writing sample, an online personality assessment and one in person interview with 5 interviewers. It was a fast turnaround between phone interviews but the in person was uncomfortable and it felt like they were actually testing their propriety personality assessment for hiring software. I don't think the interview was for an actual job of that makes sense.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wiley (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Went in for 1 interview and was told they would send my info to HR for processing and a few days later I got a call with an offer. Was not a difficult interview. Very simple and easy.

Enrollment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Oak Brook, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

From the initial interview with the recruiter to job offer, the process took about 4 weeks. All together I had about 4 phone interview (excluding the recruiter calls) and 3 face-to-face interviews. Each one lasted about 30 minutes and were always followed up my either a phone call or e-mail from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on my resume.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

HR and manager are very nice and easy to talk.
    ---1 round, phone screen from HR;
    ---2 round, on-site interview with 2 managers. walk through the resume and some of the behavior questions
    Unfortunately, they can't offer the H1B sponsorship to the international students based on this role. That is a really good company I want to work for.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me the details about the forecasting model? Step by step
      2. Why work for Wiley?
      3. What do you know about Wiley?
      4. What skills you can bring to the team? What is your greatest asset?
      Answer Question

Senior Acquisitions Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wiley (New York, NY).

Interview

the interview was detailed. They made an employment offer the next day. They salary they offered was 20% higher than my previous job even though both jobs were comparable.They were mainly interested in my experience and how I would handle their job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone call interview with HR and department supervisor. General interview questions, cheerful, engaged. The interview probably would have been in person at their headquarters had I not been away at college at the time.

Interview Questions

• mostly general questions, some specific to the department.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Very positive but a lot of people to meet with and holes to jump through. HR was great to deal with but I believe that has probably changed in 3 years. May be less thorough now but not as positive of an experience.

Interview Questions

• Comfortable with travel and manning events by yourself?   Answer Question