Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.8

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wiley (Oak Brook, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through an agency, and the response was quick. Set up a phone interview for 3 days later. Interviewed with young director of department. Didn't seem to know what she was doing. Did not receive an offer, though skills were aligned with position. Feedback from interviewer was "question answers were too long". Well, someone had to keep the interview going...

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical scenario questions, "how did you handle this situation"   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter regarding the position. Had a phone screen then invited for an on-site interview with 3 directors/managers. The onsite interview went really well - they mainly asked about my past experience and explained where they are in terms of projects and needs. Strangely, one of the people who interviewed me is the PMO director and she told me she will retire and leave the company in a week. The 2nd interviewer is the portfolio manager and we had a very good conversation. The 3rd is the director of technical architecture. I guess it was because it was towards the end of day, during the interview he kept yawning. I asked if I bored him and he said no. Overall it was an OK experience.

Afterwards i got 1 brief feedback from email from recruiter saying they enjoyed the interview with me. But after this initial feedback i didn't get anything else for more than a month. After several attempts for an update they informed me they picked another person. If they've picked someone else they should just let me know earlier, instead of keeping the candidate up in the air for weeks.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

One interviewer started talking about "fake news" out of nowhere, opened his/her laptop, & began fact-checking me on the spot. This was while I was going over my resume.

Internal Communications Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Submit resume and writing sample. Received an email and then follow-up call requesting video interview. Interview consisted of written question with one minute to read, then recorded your 2-minute response. Interview consisted of six questions, none of which were "standard" questions (e.g., strength/weakness, why the company/role). Received canned rejection letter with no interview feedback or indication that letter was personally written/addressed.

Interview Questions

• Other than email, what communication tools do you like to use for a team? Why?   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley in April 2017.

Interview

Went through one phone screen with HR recruiter, then one phone interview with hiring manager. Both the hiring manager and recruiter were knowledgeable about the company and the position. Each seemed to go well and was very promising, then shortly after learned I was not moving forward in the process. No explanation or feedback given, so is disappointing and not very helpful. I did appreciate how quickly the process moved - recruiter was prompt to respond, gave accurate timelines and was generally pleasant.

Interview Questions

• A few standard questions, but most others were behavioral (i.e. tell me about a time..., how would you handle xyz..., etc.)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by Wiley's recruiter then I was interviewed twice via Skype because I was not in the country at the time. After that I was hired by the company for a summer internship.

Program Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clermont, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Clermont, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Great initial communication. Created false expectation. The follow-up for next stage was poor. Committed to a next interview but never followed through. Attempted communications resulted in response. Recruiter was nice and professional.

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

The Education Services division is notorious for putting candidates through multiple rounds of interviews. I had 8 before I received an offer and that is the norm. They were a mix of phone and in-person interviews with HR, the immediate supervisor, higher ups, and co-workers.

Manager Interview

Interview

Phone/In-person call back 2 t0 3 business days. Demonstrate verbally skill knowledge for position. Interviewed by 2 to 3 peers on team and then Managers,review of basic skills required for position Q and A on skills, experience, people skills etc. Discussion of the corporate culture and the changes of the years

Interview Questions

• Review of basic skills required for position Q and A on skills, experience, people skills etc.   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

One phone interview with recruiter, one phone interview with hiring manager, one writing sample, an online personality assessment and one in person interview with 5 interviewers. It was a fast turnaround between phone interviews but the in person was uncomfortable and it felt like they were actually testing their propriety personality assessment for hiring software. I don't think the interview was for an actual job of that makes sense.