Willamette University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Willamette University

2.3

Admission Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Willamette University (Salem, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

Sent in a cover letter and an interview, had single in-person interview. Mostly asked simple situational questions. The interview was mostly just talking about why I wanted a job with admission and why I was enthusiastic about the university. I had to explain what I didn't like about the university.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a prospective student asked to go to a party while you hosted them overnight?   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Willamette University (Houston, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

Initial contact by email, there were two telephone interviews and an in-person interview. The in-person interview was pretty intense but fair. Overall I feel the process was pretty standard. I am currently awaiting a response . I was told this position would need to be filled by the Spring of 2019.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Willamette University (Salem, OR) in November 2018.

Interview

Via email, I was invited to interview with the search committee 3 months after the job close date. It was stated in the email, in very passive language, that the job was part time, even though at time of application it was stated as a full time position. I was greatly intetested in the position and moved forward with the interview process. My overall interview experience was positive with the exception that the search committee was disorganized when it came to discussing scheduling and pay for the position. Two weeks after my interview, I received an email from a search committee member asking for references. Even though references had been provided as a required part of the application process, I provided the information again. My references were not contacted for approximately a month after the request. FINALLY, a month after contacting my references I was sent a canned email notification from "HR" via the university's Workday system indicating the position had been filled and thanking me for my time.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Willamette University (Salem, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by a interactive in person interview. The in person interview involved not only the hiring committee but a meeting with vice president, campus tour and breakfast with potential supervisor. It was about a total of four hours interview process.

Interview Questions

• Excel skills test had not been tested by hiring committee before hand so there was alot of difficulty and unknown when I asked questions for clarification.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Willamette University.

Interview

I spoke with the professor at the end of a class, and she told me she was roking on a project that required some legal research. I told her that I was a JD/MBA Candidate who had two previous years of legal research and also was a tutor of legal research.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any legal research experience?
      Are you a JD/MBA?   1 Answer

Assistant Dean Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Willamette University (Salem, OR).

Interview

Standard resume and interviews. Two full days with a variety of stakeholders. It was pretty standard and comparable to others I had experienced. There was good two way communication and I had the chance to ask all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell this place? What are our strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, to some degree. Wish I had negotiated harder.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Willamette University.

Interview

Super laid back. Meet at the library and are greeted by the two boss. They take you up to the breakroom and ask the normal questions. The interview was more conversational than anything.

Interview Questions

• What role do you think that the library has for students and public patrons.   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Willamette University (Salem, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

I wrote a summary of interest then I met with the professor and he asked me questions. Then I was emailed later that I got the job. He was a nice professor. I would do it again.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Maintenance Interview

Interview

phone and skype 2 interviews. The first was via phone and 2nd via skype. It went well. Very ease process. They helped with relocation too. Standard University interview. Casual.

GA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Willamette University in August 2013.

Interview

Asked for resume and an essay about my interests and why I want to work for this particular position. Shortlisted my resume and called me for interview