Wilmington Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Wilmington Trust

2.6

Fiduciary Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wilmington Trust (Wilmington, DE) in October 2019.

Interview

I conversed in a conference room with 4 other employees. Informative interview where I learned a lot about the company. I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses and how I would add value to the company.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wilmington Trust.

Interview

Was called and spoke to a 3rd party recruiter who set me up with an interview at the company. There were 3 interviews in a row that were one on one.

Client Relationship Consultant- Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilmington Trust (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone interview, 3 round interview with 6 different, final interview. The process has been very long and drawn out, still waiting to set the final interview after almost a month process, all in will take over a month for the entire interview process.

Wealth Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wilmington Trust (Wilmington, DE) in May 2016.

Interview

Process started late in the normal schedule for banking internships. The process of first contact to offer was about 2 weeks. I was interviewed by three different groups within the bank. I was interviewed by the mangers of each of those groups. There was a phone screening with an hr rep in Buffalo prior to the interview in Wilmington, where their main office is.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wilmington Trust (Wilmington, DE) in October 2015.

Interview

Hired in by staffing agency. Multiple managers, informal, mainly asked about past experience. There was a face to face and phone call in the interview. It was 2 hours in total. Tour of the building was given too. Introductions to multiple managers and team members too. Open discussion was facilitated and every question was answered by managers. Senior staff were on hand to meet with too.

Corporate Trust Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wilmington Trust (Wilmington, DE) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a call shortly after. Asked my basic questions: excel, strengths, weaknesses. Received offer pretty quickly. Interviewers were kind, friendly, laid-back. Answered questions, and seemed knowledgable in their work.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have for this job?
      Leadership skills?
      Convince us why we should hire you?   Answer Question

Trust Accounts Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wilmington Trust (Wilmington, DE) in July 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the HR representative in the Buffalo head office of their recent merging partner M&T Bank. I was then set up for a phone interview with an HR rep in Wilmington. The interview was pretty surface level and quick and she passed along my information for a potential 2nd phone interview with my would-be supervisor in Minneapolis. The second round phone interview was much more in-depth. I was asked two questions in a row about the importance of being detail oriented and why paying attention to the details is important. I answered the first one well but when immediately asked an almost identical questioned I struggled to come up with another example or elaborate on a different point. At the end of the interview she explained how she couldn't stress enough the importance of details. She told me that the next round would be in-person interviews when she flew into the Wilmington office but I was never contacted.

Interview Questions

• Having to come up with multiple examples of being detail oriented.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wilmington Trust (Wilmington, DE) in May 2014.

Interview

I had interviews in person in my location and interviews on site in Wilmington Delaware (headquarters)with various managers. Also, I talked with peers in other offices. I was introduced by the hiring manager in order to get a better sense of the position.

Interview Questions

• How does Wilmington compare to other competitors in your market?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wilmington Trust.

Interview

The process was frustrating. The recruiter scheduled me and then told the interviewer the wrong day. When I showed up, the interviewer was upset (even after seeing my confirmation email) and unprepared. After finishing the interview process, I was asked to re apply for a different position and had to interview again. Then I waited for over a month.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were off a print out off the Internet. The interviewer didn't write down my responses. They just picked questions and asked.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wilmington Trust (Wilmington, DE) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by recruiter for initial screening, and scheduled for an in-person interview. Questions were mostly basic and straight-forward -- why do you want to work here, why this position, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer knew I was applying for this position while still employed --he asked if my boss knew I was here, and if I used a vacation day for the interview. I thought this question was inappropriate and crossed a line.   Answer Question