Windward Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Windward Interview Questions

2.4

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Windward (Boulder, CO).

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. The questions were basic questions about implementing straight forward methods. No tricks involved. There was one odd/tricky question, but it was much less about getting it right but instead to see how I thought.

Interview Questions

• Why is there a bridge over Pearl Street on foothills when every other intersection has a stop light?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Windward (Herndon, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable and informative. After a couple of phone interviews/screens, I came in and talked with the hiring manager and the CEO individually. We discussed the project I would be working on and specific experiences I had at my previous job that would make me a candidate. Relaxing and pretty straightforward. I felt a pretty good connection and got an offer soon afterward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experience.   Answer Question
    • What was your GPA in college?   1 Answer
    • What experiences do you have with HTML and Excel?   1 Answer
    • What do you like the best at your current company and why are you considering leaving?   1 Answer
    • What aspect about your previous job prepares you for this one?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Windward (Boulder, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview with the Director of sales. Technical Interview with the owner. The sales director is very nice, as is the owner, but the owner is a software engineer through and through so if you don't speak the language than you will have a hard time moving forward with the company.

Interview Questions

• As an SE the owner wants you to know about Java and C# programming. So there are questions on those. Also SQL based questions as they want you to know how to answer customers technical questions on how their code works in the customers environment.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Windward.

Interview

Easy just met a couple people there and was given an offer

Interview Questions

• If I have a direct report who is abrasive how to I handle them   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was none. I told them what I expected and they gave me that immediately

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Windward (Boulder, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview with the CEO within the day and an in person interview the day after. Pretty standard interview, nothing surprising. Mostly asking what I currently did, how my skills translated, and the type of company I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why was I unemployed for so long?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I gave them a range, they made me an offer which I thought was fair so I accepted. I would aim high since at this point they already are interested and this allows them to meet you in the middle. I was very pleased with my offer.