Winter Park Resort Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Winter Park Resort Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.1

Lift Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Winter Park Resort.

Interview

The whole process was very low key. I submitted my resume and application, and was asked to answer a few easy questions either in a video or via email. After that, I did a 10 minute Skype interview. The woman who interviewed me was super nice, and the questions were fairly easy - just the typical stuff. I think that the main things Winter Park is looking for for people in this position are a love of the outdoors/the area and some experience in customer service; it's nothing too intense. They seem to care a lot about getting employees who want to be there, who will fit into the culture and who will take advantage of the amenities and environment at/around the resort.

Ground Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winter Park Resort.

Interview

I interviewed from out of state and the interview was conducted over the phone. Previous to the phone conversation I had sent in a copy of my resume and that was reviewed during our phone conversation. Additional questions were asked pertinent to what the job called for.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable working outdoors in inclement weather?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was straight out of college and excited to get the job. The negotiation phase didn't entail much as I was just excited to get the job.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Winter Park Resort (Winter Park, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call few days letter, set up time for phone interview (phone interviews aren't uncommon for seasonal jobs like this--I hadn't yet moved to Colorado and was across the country)

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in retail?   1 Answer

Ski Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Winter Park Resort in August 2014.

Interview

online interview and phone interview, the interviewers were friendly on the phone, nothing too serious. it was an entry level job and they didn't ask about my skiing skills, which was nice. the online interview was a bit stressful, mostly just figuring out how to do it since I'm technically challenged

Adminitrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winter Park Resort (Winter Park, CO).

Interview

I submitted a resume and was interviewed by the entire upper management team in my department. It was a bit overwhelming, but they made me feel comfortable and it was pretty laid back.

Negotiation

I was given a rate, I countered it, and they met me in the middle.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Winter Park Resort.

Interview

I sent in an application to Winter Park Resort. It was for any open Resort position. I was called by Resort hiring, he told me what jobs were available then gave my phone number to the "manager" of that division. (One of the retail heads). I then had a phone interview with the "manager" that ran a few of the retail shops for the resort. I was a "you have worked retail, you have a job."

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, the standard: difficult situation, cash handling, why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Ski Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Winter Park Resort (Columbia, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied to a non-certified ski instructor position with Winter Park Resort for the Winter 2013-2014 season. I was able to view job openings at Winter Park Resort's website which is regularly updated. I received a follow-up interview from Winter Park and was contacted by an HR member to schedule an interview. I was contacted through a phone interview by a supervisor and trainer at Winter Park Ski + Ride School in October 2013.

Interview Questions

• Some interview questions asked from the supervisor and training staff member were my experience in skiing, why I wanted to work for Winter Park Resort, and any experience I had teaching ski lessons.   1 Answer

Beginning Ski Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winter Park Resort (Winter Park, CO) in November 2012.

Interview

People in the community knew me, as I had lived in Winter Park and skied at the resort for a while so the interview process was straight forward. I don't know what it is like for people from out of town. Watch out for employee housing that doesn't have any where to cook.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winter Park Resort (Winter Park, CO).

Interview

knew someone that worked in the kitchen, went for interview, done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none. heres your pay that we can offer you.

Retail Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winter Park Resort (Winter Park, CO) in October 2010.

Interview

I knew the one of the heads of the retail department I told him that I would like to apply for the job. He told me I didn't need to interview and I was hired because he knew me. This shocked me. I didn't like that I was hired out because he knew me. I would have liked to interview so that I could show my resume and possibly get a higher paying job with degree. Sadly I needed a job and I had to take it with no options left being in a small town.

Interview Questions

• You don't mind us using 30 hours as full time do you? Because we don't allow workers to get 40 hours a week.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none I was told how much I would be paid and told what I was to be doing through email and one phone call.