Wintrust Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wintrust Mortgage

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wintrust Mortgage (Rosemont, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

They ask for employee referrals, and after a family member referred me, I had a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview in Rosemont, followed by another follow-up phone interview. I interviewed with HR and on the whole they were friendly and professional. I brought copies of my resume even though they already had it, dressed professionally, and sent a follow up thank you email, which were all important to do according to the exec who hired me.

Interview Questions

Wintrust Mortgage Response

Mar 7, 2019 – VP, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad you had a positive interview experience. At Wintrust, we take pride in offering rewarding opportunities at every career stage, for interns, career starters and... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wintrust Mortgage (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview for intern position was fairly easy. Purely behavioral questions and the HR recruiter was very nice and attentive. Overall a positive experience. Be prepared to walk through your resume.

Interview Questions

• Why Wintrust Mortgage?
      What do you consider a strength of yours?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Wintrust Mortgage (Rosemont, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Had phone screen in April which went well. Took time off work to have face to face interview with hiring manager the following week. In May, I had a 2nd interview with hiring manager and HR. I was given a tour of the building and thought the interview went well. Despite numerous follow-ups in June and July, I never heard back on the status. I really liked the company, but was very disappointed in how they treat candidates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wintrust Mortgage.

Interview

I was asked about my experience. That's all I can remember. Thank you. They describe to me about the job what I would do and maybe help improve the fixed asset. Thank you that's all I can remember. They did not ask any difficult questions. It's all practical questions.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wintrust Mortgage.

Interview

Got the interview through employee referral, call a few weeks later to set up in person interview with HR. After that, interview with department head of internship area. Interviews may be done via phone/Skype if you're not available to talk in person.

Opener Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wintrust Mortgage (Frankfort, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Very Ghetto, waited over an hour to be ignored by interviewer. Called numerous times to check on status of employment. Do background check and did not call and inform me it cleared waited over a month to get an offer letter very unprofessional should have never accepted job

Interview Questions

• Said I was over qualified did I mind a pay cut   1 Answer

Wintrust Mortgage Response

Jan 3, 2017

We understand that applying for jobs can be stressful, but finding the right person to fit the job and our company culture takes time. Thank you for reviewing your interview experience.

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wintrust Mortgage (Baltimore, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

Asked about my production and how many projected closings I will have for the next 6 - 12 months. Then they made me an offer and a very competitive commission split.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my production and how many projected closings I will have for the next 6 - 12 months   Answer Question

Interview

It was great quick and very detail on the job at hand. The location was not difficult to get to. I had already looked up the company to learn more about what they do and how they are reviewed.