Wix Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 531 interviews

Recruiter11%
3.9
HardAverageEasy

Wix

Application

I interviewed at Wix

Interview

Home assignment in react, node, HTML JS CSS, after that a 2 hours interview, and HR interview, the interviewers introduced themselves and asked about me, we discussed the home assignment, and they gave 2 data structures and algorithms questions

Interview Questions
  • Q: an array of numbers, find the smallest subset with an avg they gave.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wix (Tel Aviv-Yafo) in Apr 2020

Interview

A friendly call from a recruiter regarding the position, set up a first warmup interview of 1h - 1.5h. About my background and including a design question. Then a second "Guild" interview with two interviewers, which consisted of a coding question and deep dive into my experience. The last technical interview was with the same person from the first interview, it was a technical interview that involves code. The interviewers were extremely nice and welcoming, and so does the HR involved at the process. The reason I marked this as a bad experience is because I never heard of them after the last interview. A week later, I called to get a friendly reminder regarding my status, I was told that I didn't pass due to lack of technical knowledge. While it is both fair and unfortunate not to pass an interview, I shouldn't run after them to get a rejection, and moreover, I find it strange that I am lacking a technical background after the last technical interview, if I'm lacking the technical background, why interviewing me at the first place? I contacted my interviewer for feedback, he never got back to me - I found it strange as I run the question which I was given both via unit-tests and via a famous online platform (hard question) , it passed everything.

Interview Questions
  • 1st Interview - Design Bit-ly 2nd Interview - Power of a subset (Medium), deep dive into experience, the engineers are bright, so be well prepared. 3rd Interview - Serialize and Deserialize a binary tree, without duplications.(Hard)
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wix (Tel Aviv-Yafo) in Apr 2020

Interview

We talked about the company challanges and the actual interview was based on building a System Architecture at scale - how does data moves in the system and how it's being stored and how to scale it

Interview Questions
  • System architecture at large scale for the company

Wix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wix

Interview

I interviewed at Wix (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)), Very nice guys. There were 3 interviews (one phone interview and two in the office each 2 and 4 hours with two interviewers )

Interview Questions
  • 1. architecture questions 2. fibonacchi - performance and improve recursion solutions 3. On PC -write serialization-deserialization for binary tree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wix (Tel Aviv-Yafo) in Apr 2018

Interview

Phone job interview for a positioning IL. The interviewer had no patience at all and was totally full of himself , did not bother to wait for proper answer before shooting the next one, had no respect for the candidate , was sure the answer I gave was wrong even though I’ve backed it with facts , was “locked” on some concepts in Scala he read somewhere and did not care to hear about different implementation. In short : Narcist.

Interview Questions
  • Suppose you were to design a service that does Url shortening like Bitly with 200 Trillion total events , how would you implement this ? What will be your URl- to Bitly function ? What is the address space ? What kind of storage will you need. Each time the service is called for the same url you will get 2 different Bitly

Wix

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wix

Interview

I was applying for developer position in Vilnius. Before having actual interview you have to implement 2-hours assessment. Afterwards 2-3 hours discussion with developers about your previous experience and coding on paper task. Whole process looks pretty exhausting and annoying, but they think it allows them to hire "rockstars" and are proud of it. No proper feedback is provided both after assessment or actual interview. Don't waste your time if you are not looking for future arrogant colleagues.

Interview Questions
  • 2-hours assessment includes implementation of tiny web-app with simple form accepting categories(just names) hierarchy as input and you have to produce visual tree as output. Both recursive and iterative implementations are requested.
  • Interview took about 2-3 hours. 2 developers were asking about my experience in previous companies, even the one I had many years ago, design and solution considerations when implementing solution and coding test on paper as appetizer - implement fibonacci sequence both recursively and iteratively. Pretty exhausting and boring process without any feedback.

Anonymous Employee in `Omer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wix (`Omer) in May 2016

Interview

Got an online test for about 2 hours to answer 2 questions. I solved them in a working way, but probably not in the most efficient way since I was rejected. Got no other feedback.

Interview Questions
  • Given two arrays, return the index of the minimal value present in both arrays, or -1 if non exists.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wix (Tel Aviv-Yafo) in Mar 2016

Interview

one interview. i was first of all candids. asked about algorithms, data structure. the interview was with the team leader, one hour. after i told about myself he asked me 3 algorithms and data structure questions. then asked me about 3 or 4 questions about security. overall the experience was fine, the interviewer was nice and made me feel secure and not stressed.

Interview Questions
11 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wix (Tel Aviv-Yafo) in Dec 2015

Interview

It was a full day. They brought us all (around 15) to a room with computers (we could also bring our own). We were then told that people who pass the test will be selected, regardless of the scores of the other contenders. The online coding, hands on tests (codility.com) took 3.5 hours. We were offered lunch and refreshments. Then they took 5 of us and separated us from the rest. We were told "you have been selected". After that we were called by name for a 1 on 2 interview (2 interviewers) to answer logic questions. Then there was an HR interview.

Interview Questions
  • codility tests: -areas/countries.how many countries -checkArrayIsAlmostSorted (one swap) -Count Visible Nodes in tree
  • Solve on the whiteboard: * implement the JS method any(array, perdicate) * use the any method to traverse a (non binary) tree recursively. * LCA problem in trees: find the least common ancestor for two given nodes in a tree.
22 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wix (Tel Aviv-Yafo) in Aug 2015

Interview

the recruiter called and asked me to do an online test. I could do it from home or to come to do it there, I choosed to do it from home. 2.5 hours 4 coding questions. 2 easy 2 difficult.

Interview Questions
  • find amplitude of a tree. which is finding the highest path distance. in o(n).
25 people found this interview helpful