Woodward Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2016

2.5

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loves Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Woodward (Loves Park, IL).

Interview

They had me in to a office and asked me questions about my background and other jobs I had been a member of during my 20 years experience of company's I worked for before. It was a very nice atmosphere and then was asked technical questions about my background in machining.

Interview Questions

• How I knew about their company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Woodward (Loveland, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

I was one of 7 final candidates brought in for a 4-hour interview with 8 people (teams of 2 doing 1 hour sessions). All the questions were "situational", i.e. "Tell us a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when a project you were managing failed and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Woodward (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online after school career fair. Heard back ~2 weeks later. Very calm interview. Just the usual questions about projects youve worked on and your preferred coding language. Started with a phone screen and then went on to a phone interview with the project manager for the software group.

Software Controls Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Woodward in October 2015.

Interview

2 interviews in same visit to company office in Ann Arbor.
    They were happy with interview and expressed willingness to offer a contract position. I was assertive that my interest lies in a full time position

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Woodward.

Interview

Started with a phone screen, followed by an on-site interview with the hiring manager and 2-3 team members. The questions were pertinent but not intimidating at all. It was a relaxing environment overall.

Interview Questions

• If you are prepared for typical questions including behavioral questions and know your job you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not low ball you like many companies would. It was the right offer and I accepted.

SAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woodward (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

3.5 hours long. Interviewed with 8 different people(4at one time for the first hour). Asked standard interview questions. I felt as though I didn't have a chance because when I was graduating did not fit there time line. They should have made that known before I took 3.5 hours off of work. Cold have been brought up in phone screen. But good practice anyway

Metallurgist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Woodward in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later i received an email from HR asking me if I would be interested in an interview with someone from the department where I had applied. We set up a day and time and was contacted by 2 people one was in a management position and the other was in the field that I would work in. They asked me a few questions about my schooling, internships, and work ethics, and then I was able to ask them questions about the position and tasks as an intern. The interview was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time where you took a leadership position   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Woodward (Winchester, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

nterview

I attended a career fair and was offered an interview the next day on campus. The interview was pretty easy, not intimidating at all. The questions were mostly behavioral questions. I was offered a second interview, so I'm still in the interview process and pretty excited about it.

Interview Questions

• Have experiences in the developer processs   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Woodward (Skokie, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone screening that lasted about 1/2 hr and then followed up with an on-site interview with 3-4 managers/employees for a few hours. Everyone was professional and answered all my questions clearly.

Interview Questions

• Asked typical interview questions about how you handled certain situations on the job.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Woodward.

Interview

Spoke with Woodward at a college career fair. Applied online and got an interview slot.

Interview was with one of the engineers working there as well as an HR rep. They made me feel really comfortable in the interview. I felt like my skills & experience matched up well with the job description and that I put my best food forward, but didn't get the job. I don't have the best grades so they probably found someone more qualified.

Interview Questions

• "What was the hardest thing you have done as an engineer?"
      Shouldn't have been unexpected but I didn't have an answer prepared.
      Answer Question