Woodward Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Woodward Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.5

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodward.

Interview

Submitted resume using their online application portal and then just had a phone interview for 30 minutes. Once the phone interview was completed received an email detailing the offer and the option to except.

Interview Questions

• What is an difficulty you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

HR Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loves Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodward (Loves Park, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by one interview at Woodward with 3 HR Representatives present. It lasted approximately an hour .I received a "survey" via that was communicated was not a fail/pass that I completed. 5 days after my interview I followed up with an email inquiring the status of the position. I received no reply at all. I thought after going that far into the interview process that I would have recieved at the minimum an email/reply or call notifying me I was not selected. I felt it was very unprofessional and understand now why many people warned me that the new location is disorganized and unprofessional .

Interview Questions

• A situation where you dealt with conflict and the result   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodward (Niles, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Next day received a call from HR guy from Niles for a pre-screen. Few days later was interviewed by the Director. A week later I was invited for the interviews on-site. 4-5 interviews that lasted an hour each. They have good folks - engineering and project managers. The role was in Program Management. At parting, they said they will be communicating within 2 weeks with the decision. After almost 6 weeks and no communication whatsoever, I insisted on at least closing the loop with their decision. The HR guy was un-responsive to my emails. I finally emailed the Director and next day I get a call from the HR guy that I was not selected. It's ironic how in interviews they talk about processes and communication and try to see if you are the right fit..BS. while having no communication or processes while interviewing and closing the loop. Sorry, walk the talk please , be humble and respect the time of the individuals who are just trying to do their best showing up when you want. Reciprocate by being transparent on the hiring process. You were one of them a few years ago..pay it back.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions on managing engineering projects. Nothing out of the world.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodward in October 2016.

Interview

Woodward uses a temp agency to hire for factory work. You will go through testing of your reading and math abilities before you're officially hired. The factory jobs are fairly simple so there isn't much experience needed but mechanical experience is very helpful.

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loves Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Woodward (Loves Park, IL).

Interview

They had me in to a office and asked me questions about my background and other jobs I had been a member of during my 20 years experience of company's I worked for before. It was a very nice atmosphere and then was asked technical questions about my background in machining.

Interview Questions

• How I knew about their company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Woodward (Loveland, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

I was one of 7 final candidates brought in for a 4-hour interview with 8 people (teams of 2 doing 1 hour sessions). All the questions were "situational", i.e. "Tell us a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when a project you were managing failed and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Woodward (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online after school career fair. Heard back ~2 weeks later. Very calm interview. Just the usual questions about projects youve worked on and your preferred coding language. Started with a phone screen and then went on to a phone interview with the project manager for the software group.

Software Controls Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Woodward in October 2015.

Interview

2 interviews in same visit to company office in Ann Arbor.
    They were happy with interview and expressed willingness to offer a contract position. I was assertive that my interest lies in a full time position

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Woodward.

Interview

Started with a phone screen, followed by an on-site interview with the hiring manager and 2-3 team members. The questions were pertinent but not intimidating at all. It was a relaxing environment overall.

Interview Questions

• If you are prepared for typical questions including behavioral questions and know your job you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not low ball you like many companies would. It was the right offer and I accepted.

SAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woodward (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

3.5 hours long. Interviewed with 8 different people(4at one time for the first hour). Asked standard interview questions. I felt as though I didn't have a chance because when I was graduating did not fit there time line. They should have made that known before I took 3.5 hours off of work. Cold have been brought up in phone screen. But good practice anyway