Woodward Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Woodward

2.6

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Woodward (Niles, IL).

Interview

Basic question about background years of experience knowledge of different systems. All the general questions that would be asked on a phone interview. I was very honest about my background and my past employment history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Woodward (Skokie, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

First contact was a phone interview, which went well and I highly matched all the criteria they were seeking.

A few days later I went in for a live person-to-person interview. Everyone was pleasant and the interview process was nothing to be nervous about - it was very laid back.

Interview Questions

• This was a small c function that returns a pointer to a character in a buffer. Find the problem.   1 Answer
    • You are asked to write a one line function that performs some trivial task, I forget what though.   1 Answer
    • This was a challenging question and most people don't get it - including me.

Setup:

There is a UART driver for a 32-bit processor. The tx/rx byte is the most significant byte (MSB) of the 32-bit word at some address, say 0x0400. To write to the UART, place your data byte in the MSB at address 0x0400 and it will be sent. Likewise, to read the received data, read the MSB at address 0x0400.

A struct is created:

struct uartRxTx {
           int RxTx : 8;
           int DontCare: 24;
      } uint32_t;

What is the problem with this?   2 Answers

I received a very good offer and great benefits, and if I was currently unemployed I would have accepted. But I am self-employed doing independent contracting, which has amazing benefits as well, and great pay.

The company has a very traditional hierarchy of baby-boomer program managers and engineers. The building is huge, old, and the tiny cubicles look like they were from 50 years ago. I read other reviews about the company on here and I don't think it fits my contemporary views of what type of workplace I would like to perform in.

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Woodward (Skokie, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

It was half the day. I met with 4 different engineers, including the manager, then went to a group lunch with my interviewers. The interview was really easy. One of my interviewers made a racist comment and I ignored it and pretended I didn't know what he was talking about. When I finally worked with him he continued to make racist comments not thinking it would bother me. I avoided him as much as possible.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string. Tell me about your past projects and exactly what you did. Tell me about the different places in memory, the BSS, the heap and stack.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Woodward (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online after school career fair. Heard back ~2 weeks later. Very calm interview. Just the usual questions about projects youve worked on and your preferred coding language. Started with a phone screen and then went on to a phone interview with the project manager for the software group.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Machesney Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Woodward (Machesney Park, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Before you get an interview you will have to go through a process that tests your applied mathematics, looking for information, and reading graphs.

Then you will be in a to a face to face interview with the Senior HR and Assistant HR underling where they will judge and test your personality.

Quality, Delivery, Safety, Performance and other keywords are to look out for.

Interview Questions

• How should many unexcused absences be allowed?   1 Answer
    • How do you communicate with someone who will not communicate with you?   1 Answer
    • What is 10 percent of 100?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Woodward (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Had two phone interviews before receiving an offer letter which is apparently not the typical process. Usually, they try to have 1 phone interview and 1 in person on site interview before hiring at a minimum.

Interview Questions

• What's one experience you've had where you encountered a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Woodward.

Interview

I applied through the school portal by submitting my resume. Four interviewers come to our school and give the interview. The interviews finishes after of 1 hour of behavior questions, no technical questions. They ask about background and how you deal with things.

Interview Questions

• What's one time you have trouble dealing with your coworkers?   Answer Question
    • What was one time you made a mistake? How did you fix it?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodward (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Two panel interview with a manager and an employee from his team with lots of experience.
    They asked me a range of interview questions which were increasingly difficult but very helpful, since it made me actually think for a few seconds and gather thoughts before giving a reply because these guys were experts in their domains and knew exactly what I was talking about. Questions ranged from project management, mentorship, experience using softwares, educational background and future prospects.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience using business intelligence tools and what sort of projects did you work on?   Answer Question

Industry Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Woodward.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed and friendly. They seemed to really want to get to know you and understand your character. The interviewer was nice and I am pleased with the process

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and how it would help me succeed   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Woodward (Rockford, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 people. All positive feedback, however it took a long time to get an offer.