Word & Brown Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Word & Brown Interview Questions

2.7

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Word & Brown (Orange, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple. Questions were very direct, no curve ball. Had a phone interview screening with a recruiter who then passed on her notes to the hiring manager to see if she was interested in me as a candidate. They'll either say yes or no and then pass your resume on to someone else in a different department that they think is a better fit, then take a few assessment tests, and depending on the scores, it goes onto hiring manager to see if they're interested in scheduling an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.
      What would you consider your greatest strength?
      What’s an area you’d like to improve on?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Word & Brown (Orange, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I recommend going through a staffing company. All positions within Word and Brown start as temp to hire. The benefits of staffing agency is to speed up the process. Staffing agency fully equips you to excel during your interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your background will aid to the customer service position?   Answer Question

I T Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Word & Brown (Orange, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a quick 30 min. Interview, the Department Head seemed clear about what they were looking for in an employee and explaining to me very concisely the project they are working on.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could work overtime, also about my programming and IT experience in general.   1 Answer

Benefit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Word & Brown (Orange, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Great interview with the staff. Very professional and very upbeat about the company. I have nothing negative to saw about the interview I was a part off.one thing I will say thought however is the amount of interviews one must take with the company. I went through 4 interviews and it took a toll on my morale on the position. Imy pretty sure it had to do with weeding the bad people out of the candidate process.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Word & Brown (Orange, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Hard to get the interview with the manager and operations director. They cancelled twice. met with department manager for 30 minutes after she cancelled once and she told me I would meet with the operations manager. Then two weeks later I had to call HR to see if the operations manager was going to meet with me as the manager had told me.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Initial process was a phone interview with HR about 10-15 min. Followed by a face-to-face interview with departmental manager lasted about hour an a half. If you make that first face-to-face interview, it will be followed by a panel interview with some of the big bosses on a different date. When you make it, there's another one coming. I thought the number of interviews are a little too excessive.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked how you will do the job they are interviewing you for.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Word & Brown (Orange, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I Interviewed over the phone with HR first, and then with one manager before meeting a second manager in a face-to-face. The phone interviews were great. Very professional and positive. The face-to-face was terrible. I was interviewed by two managers, the one who I had already spoken to over the phone, who was very happy to meet me, while the other behaved as though I was wasting her time. She was very abrupt and dismissive of all my answers. I was told that they would be making a hiring decision within one week. After three weeks, HR stopped returning my calls, so I stopped calling.

Interview Questions

• Why were you laid off from your previous job?   1 Answer
    • How would your former co-workers describe you?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Word & Brown in May 2014.

Interview

I applied this opportunity through careerbuilder.com. About a month later, recruiter called and requested me to take excel and access exam. Couple of days later, she reached me out again and scheduled for first round with manager. It was very straight forward. She asked me about my previous experiences and how I can utilize my skills to the job that I was applying for. A week later, I had an interview with Sr. Manager and he pretty much went over similar questions as 1st interview.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Word & Brown (Orange, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I sent my resume through their online portal. I received a call about a week later and they interviewed me over the phone asking very basic questions about my experience. I then interviewed in-person. This was followed by a trip to Headquarters in Orange where I took some VERY lame basic skill tests including a math test and eventually resulted in an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short. They offered me what I thought was a competitive salary at the time. I know better now that they could have offered me much more but always start low.

Director of Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Word & Brown in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume, she set up an interview. The interview was average, normal questions asked and answered. It was very typical. Seems like the company is growing but was not impressed with the interviewer who did not seem connected or engaged with their division.