WorkSafeBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

3.1

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Richmond, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was called in for an in-person interview with 2 of the managers within the Finance division. Interview lasted 45mins. Mixed between predetermined behavioural and situational questions. Casual interview settting.

Interview Questions

• Say you're given a project with a strict deadline and you need to perform quality control on it. Would you check part of it and hand it in on time or would you thoroughly go through it before submitting it at the risk of it being late?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable due to Union determined wage.

Collections Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Began with standard testing which included a typing test and a mental math test and proceed to writing a sample letter. If passed, proceed to next stage which includes role play and behavioural interview.

Interview Questions

• How to complete tasks when there are frequent interrupts?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC.

Interview

I applied online. No phone screen. Had an in person interview where I faced mostly behavioural questions. Not many situational. They just wanted to know my previous experience. They seem kind and ready to nurture a student rather than expect her to know everything from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of the company website, and what information did you gather from the statistics book?   1 Answer

Customer Care Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Starts with group testing where you would write 4 tests (2 of them typing, reading comprehension, office grammar and spelling) . Upon passing those tests, you continue with a simulation exercise online. If you pass all of these you are called for a panel interview and role play.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've dealt with a difficult person, what was the outcome, what resources did you use   1 Answer

Report Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC.

Interview

It was a four-hour technical test which evaluates analyzing and reporting skills and working with Microsoft Excel, SQL, and Crystal Report. Excel test was about working with charts and formula, SQL test was about writing queries and in Crystal report test, I was given a report and asked to make the same report.

Interview Questions

• In SQL part, they provided me with a big schema which was too time consuming to understand the relations and asked me to write couple of queries. The instruction was not clear and I wasted my time, However after that I figured out it was not needed as the name of needed tables were mentioned.   Answer Question

Occupational Safety Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was invited for a test. The test was 3.5 hours and different parts. It was similar to what they describe in their website. The questions were multiple choice with several answers. I don't know what they want to assess ,but there were many stupid and repetitive questions. Lots of figures to compare like IQ test.

Financial Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Lots and lots of behavioural interview questions that were long and wordy. Got really confusing at times and had to ask for the questions to be repeated. They kept going back and forth between interviewers. Was tricky to keep good eye contact.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC.

Interview

it was a behavioural interview and had a lot of questions about the organization such as the strategic direction, mission and values.
    i was interviewed by two managers form the department. They were friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• give examples of when you improved a process
      give examples of how you have handled conflict in a team   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Situational Questions. Friendly, very well structured. They allowed a good amount of time to develop my answers. It was important that I had read about the organization because they want to know that you care about this company. The interviewer knew what was needed for the job and was open to my questions. Overall it was a good experience to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve a process?   1 Answer

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

One interview with Manager and Budget Coordinator. The interview lasted around 30-40 minutes. The interview process was good. Not too many tough questions were. After a few questions, the interview kind of turned into a conversation. I talked about the culture of the company and why that was the primary reason why I wanted to join.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      What is your strength?
      What is your weakness?
      They also asked behavioural and situational questions.
      Give an example of a situation where there was conflict and how did you resolve it?
      Give an example.....   Answer Question