Working America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2018

2.1

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Working America (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

About what you would imagine. This was a very informal interview that started with a phone interview and then I was invited for an in person interview. An unperson interview was held in Washington, D.C.

Interview Questions

• What is your field experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Working America (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very easy to talk to the interviewer, Jihad, so the process was pretty simple and direct. It did not last too long and was very conversational. One major thing is that the three p's are stressed (but not actually carried out in the office environment). The three p's for the office are to keep it Professional, Progressive, and Positive, so if you go in with that kind of attitude, it should seal the deal.

Interview Questions

• What other canvassing experience do you have?   1 Answer

Canavasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Working America (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was very kind. The management are very nice, friendly people with high emotional intelligence and an amazing track record of experience. I walked into the office not knowing what to expect, and it was quite welcoming. After the first stage of interviewing there is the "observation day" process, where if they believe you can potentially do the work, you go and watch a canvasser in the field (usually a field manager or higher) and then do it yourself for an hour to be evaluated on whether they would like to hire you or not. Quite a straightforward process and felt empowered the entire time.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience? Have you ever done anything like this before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Working America (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Went in, filled out paperwork, waited to be seen. I was asked why do I want to work for them ect. This was the first interview. The second consists of actually going on the field and watching what the others do. Then they give you a shot at it and if you're good then you get the job.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to this interview?   1 Answer
    • Have you done any volunteering before?   1 Answer

Canvass Organizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Working America (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Came in, did a application, sat with Someone. Spoke about the company, the duties, the hours, and asked me a few questions. Main question after the interview is will I be willing to work 1pm -10pm unpaid observation day (2nd interview) will paid 30.63 stipend to see what the job is about and if I can approved by the end of day. If I do meet the requirements I could be hired that day. After I agree he ask me fill out the background form and informed me to bring two forms of ID for my observation day (2nd interview)

I decided not to do the 2nd interview, under labor law they are require to pay at least minimum hourly wage. Working outside from 1pm - 10pm for 30.63 and not guaranteed the job. I was going going to give way any free labor.

Interview Questions

• At one of your job, what duties are relevant to this?
      Do you feel comfortable speaking to people?
      How do you feel about public schools and wages?   Answer Question

Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Working America (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

It took them about two or three weeks to contact me about the position - the Executive Director's assistant emailed me to scheduled the first round interview. I met with the Executive Director and the current Communications Director. They mostly asked me questions about my overall experience/career history as well as my approach to Communications Strategy my experience with social media/digital media, and my approach to getting ahead of the news cycle.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach dealing with press that try to take a story angle into a direction that you don't want it to go in?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Working America in October 2014.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, both of which went very well. Was told by the end of the 1st one that I was one of their leading candidates. In addition to typical interview questions, I was asked about my interest in working for an organization that makes a difference in the lives of others

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Working America (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview only took a few minutes and I was asked to start immediately. The first day is a training session where they only pay you for two hours of canvassing. The training period was fast-paced and alot of information to process in one day. They decided to keep me so I began the week trying to raise my quota 3 out of 5 days of canvassing, raising an average of 700 dollars a week.

Field Organizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Working America (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

Wanted to know about doorknocking experience and also about interest and committment to social issues. Wanted to know about tolerance for rejection and also walking a great deal.It was pleasant, respectful and motivating.

Field Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Working America (Riverside, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly painless. It started off as a meeting with the other prospective field canvassers letting us all know about the campaign they were partnering with and filtered down to one on one interviews with the field director.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of open ended questions you might ask to steer the conversation toward the campaign.   Answer Question