Working America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Working America Interview Questions

Interviews at Working America

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Working America (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very easy to talk to the interviewer, Jihad, so the process was pretty simple and direct. It did not last too long and was very conversational. One major thing is that the three p's are stressed (but not actually carried out in the office environment). The three p's for the office are to keep it Professional, Progressive, and Positive, so if you go in with that kind of attitude, it should seal the deal.

Interview Questions

• What other canvassing experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Working America (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

Nothing. Just a few questions. There was not much they asked me. Red flag right there. Hired on the spot due to my extensive canvassing in politics

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Working America (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

It was designed to be a two-step process. The first was a telephone interview with a person. The second is supposed to be another over the phone interview with the Field Director.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Working America (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview only took a few minutes and I was asked to start immediately. The first day is a training session where they only pay you for two hours of canvassing. The training period was fast-paced and alot of information to process in one day. They decided to keep me so I began the week trying to raise my quota 3 out of 5 days of canvassing, raising an average of 700 dollars a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Working America (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Went in, filled out paperwork, waited to be seen. I was asked why do I want to work for them ect. This was the first interview. The second consists of actually going on the field and watching what the others do. Then they give you a shot at it and if you're good then you get the job.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to this interview?   1 Answer
    • Have you done any volunteering before?   1 Answer

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Working America (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

About what you would imagine. This was a very informal interview that started with a phone interview and then I was invited for an in person interview. An unperson interview was held in Washington, D.C.

Interview Questions

• What is your field experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Working America (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Hiring was quick and easy. I was given a 30 minute, engaging interview sharing my qualifications and the background of the organization and employment. At the interview, I was offered the position and began work the following day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any issues working long hours on your feet?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Working America (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

Wanted to know about doorknocking experience and also about interest and committment to social issues. Wanted to know about tolerance for rejection and also walking a great deal.It was pleasant, respectful and motivating.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Working America (Orlando, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

The interviewer about my passion for social justice, if im comfortable talking to people and fundraising. Described how I would be in a trial period until I pass quota for a week.

Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Working America (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

It took them about two or three weeks to contact me about the position - the Executive Director's assistant emailed me to scheduled the first round interview. I met with the Executive Director and the current Communications Director. They mostly asked me questions about my overall experience/career history as well as my approach to Communications Strategy my experience with social media/digital media, and my approach to getting ahead of the news cycle.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach dealing with press that try to take a story angle into a direction that you don't want it to go in?   Answer Question