Working America Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 19 interviews

2.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Working America

Working America

Application

I interviewed at Working America

Interview

A video interview with at least 20 other people. Didn’t get a lot of time to talk, but it was interesting. Right after the interview, we had to fill out a form.

Interview Questions
  • What brings you to want to work for Working America?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Working America (Phoenix, AZ) in Jan 2020

Interview

Initial phone interview to determine candidate's interest level and if that type of work would be agreeable, leading up to scheduling of in-person interview (30 minutes). In-person interview (1 hour). Second interview or "observation day" (9 hours).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Working America (Columbus, OH) in Sep 2018

Interview

I applied on indeed, they called me in for an in person interview a few days later. Because I had prior canvassing experience & they were staffing up for the election, they asked me three questions before hiring me on the spot.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Working America (Philadelphia, PA) in Jan 2018

Interview

Nothing. Just a few questions. There was not much they asked me. Red flag right there. Hired on the spot due to my extensive canvassing in politics

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Working America (Washington, DC) in Jan 2017

Interview

About what you would imagine. This was a very informal interview that started with a phone interview and then I was invited for an in person interview. An unperson interview was held in Washington, D.C.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Working America (Philadelphia, PA) in Apr 2016

Interview

It was very easy to talk to the interviewer, Jihad, so the process was pretty simple and direct. It did not last too long and was very conversational. One major thing is that the three p's are stressed (but not actually carried out in the office environment). The three p's for the office are to keep it Professional, Progressive, and Positive, so if you go in with that kind of attitude, it should seal the deal.

Interview Questions
  • What other canvassing experience do you have?

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Working America (Cincinnati, OH) in Apr 2016

Interview

It was designed to be a two-step process. The first was a telephone interview with a person. The second is supposed to be another over the phone interview with the Field Director.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Working America (Seattle, WA) in Aug 2015

Interview

It was very kind. The management are very nice, friendly people with high emotional intelligence and an amazing track record of experience. I walked into the office not knowing what to expect, and it was quite welcoming. After the first stage of interviewing there is the "observation day" process, where if they believe you can potentially do the work, you go and watch a canvasser in the field (usually a field manager or higher) and then do it yourself for an hour to be evaluated on whether they would like to hire you or not. Quite a straightforward process and felt empowered the entire time.

Interview Questions
  • What is your previous experience? Have you ever done anything like this before?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Working America (Houston, TX) in May 2015

Interview

Went in, filled out paperwork, waited to be seen. I was asked why do I want to work for them ect. This was the first interview. The second consists of actually going on the field and watching what the others do. Then they give you a shot at it and if you're good then you get the job.

Interview Questions
  • What brought you to this interview?
  • Have you done any volunteering before?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Working America (Philadelphia, PA) in Apr 2015

Interview

Came in, did a application, sat with Someone. Spoke about the company, the duties, the hours, and asked me a few questions. Main question after the interview is will I be willing to work 1pm -10pm unpaid observation day (2nd interview) will paid 30.63 stipend to see what the job is about and if I can approved by the end of day. If I do meet the requirements I could be hired that day. After I agree he ask me fill out the background form and informed me to bring two forms of ID for my observation day (2nd interview) I decided not to do the 2nd interview, under labor law they are require to pay at least minimum hourly wage. Working outside from 1pm - 10pm for 30.63 and not guaranteed the job. I was going going to give way any free labor.

Interview Questions
  • At one of your job, what duties are relevant to this? Do you feel comfortable speaking to people? How do you feel about public schools and wages?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews