WorldQuant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2017

3.5

Quantitative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorldQuant (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Submit the resume for one - two weeks.
    Get the email for the on-campus interview
    On-campus Interview last for 45 min; The staff in charges of on-campus interview was cool and polite.
    We firstly talked about the background, then I did 2-3 problems and we talked about the company status
    Get the on-site interview after 2-3 days;
    Haven't attended onsite yet;

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenge project
      Probability problem: render a 1/2 true & 1/2 false bool function by a function, which returns true with 1/4 and false with 3/4,
      Program problem: Given the stock price of many days, compute the best time to buy and sell to earn maximum profit.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WorldQuant (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through an headhunter, after a few days later I took some online test (basic algorithm, some probability problems, simple math problems, etc).
    Then, I took 5 technical phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• They love coin problems(both unbiased, biased).
      Some concept of C++ language(What is virtual function).   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WorldQuant.

Interview

The whole process is really interesting and pleasant. The manager himself gave the interview and will guide you through some problem if you are stuck. They asked about some programming questions, brain teaser, and some quantitative question they meet in real life.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is a "homework" which is given before the interview. No right answer, just to see how you deal with a problem with little information.   Answer Question

Trading Interview

Interview

Around two hours. Most of them are technical, range from programming questions, SQL, Statistics. Some resume questions. Also had some brain teaser. Firstly an a peer employee and then an director.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at WorldQuant (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Unsurprisingly it took very long time to them to process the job application. After 3 months of application, I finally got in touch with recruiter for 2 technical phone interviews. The processes were pretty good.

Interview Questions

• Where in the earth or a sphere, you can return to the same place once you walk 1 mile to south, 1 mile to east and 1 mile to north?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WorldQuant in December 2016.

Interview

It was a 4 rounds internview, each take about half an hour.
    The 1st round is to describe some machine learning algorithm and my background.
    The 2nd and 3rd round is code test.
    The last one is a personality test with HR.

Interview Questions

• Name a Machine Learning algorithm you are familiar with and explain it.   1 Answer
    • concept of array, list, queue, stack   1 Answer
    • What do you think about leadership   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WorldQuant in November 2016.

Interview

I was asked about almost everything from Algorithm to Linux programming, Databases etc
    I haven't revised few concepts on Database and Linux.
    The recruiter will not tell you whether it will be a technical interview or Behavioural or just discussion. I was told that a person will speak to you.

Interview Questions

• 1. Discussion on my background. Projects I did in the past.
      2. Questions about MySQL and Cache.
      3. Given two arrays a and b find the intersection of these two arrays. Write code in python.
      - Won't run the code
      4. What is replication in Redis?
      5. Write a SQL query to find score and Rank in a table with columns id = [1,2,3] and Score=[5,7,5] output 5:2,7:1,5:2
      6. Then I was asked about source code management system. Asked to write a command to create a local branch.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WorldQuant.

Interview

Met at a career fair at my university, had a nice chat and they scheduled me for a campus interview on the next day. Interview was a mini-quiz with multiple brain teasers. I got rejected the day after because I didnt get all of them right within the small amount of time I was given. Their engineer was friendly and interesting and I was sad I didnt go through to the next stage. I guess they want people to get all questions correct.

Interview Questions

• You have 2 red, 3 green and 2 blue balls. Whats the probability you choose 2 non blue balls consecutively?   3 Answers
    • Whats the probability the sum of two die is equal to 9?   2 Answers
    • You have 60 floz of a liquid mix and you have a ratio of milk to water of 2. How much water should you add to make the ratio of water to milk equal to 2?   1 Answer
    • You have 17 shares of IBM that cost you 720 to buy. You incur a loss off five stocks. What's the real price of one IBM share?   2 Answers
    • Write a program to print the contents of a matrix in a spiral order AND write a program to figure out the angle between an hour handle and a minute handle.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorldQuant in October 2016.

Interview

Went onsite after a brief campus interview. Met with about six different people, including HR and engineers. There was a mix of algorithmic, programming language, software engineering, and behavioral questions. Each interviewer had a specific area of questioning. The whole onsite process lasted about 4 hours and all took place in the same conference room. Some interviews were in person and others were through a video call system they use internally.

Data Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Old Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WorldQuant (Old Greenwich, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

I have an all-day onsite interview for 9 rounds, 8 hours. The interview process is good, people over there are all smart and nice person, the office is good too. The HR is very kind, but they took a long time to make the final decision, about two weeks after the onsite interview.