Xator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xator Interview Questions

Interviews at Xator

2.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xator.

Interview

Applied online and got a call within a few weeks after a few short and very strange e-mails.

During the call it was apparent the recruiter did not know anything about me (admitted as much, going as far as saying my resume was not even looked at). Talked very briefly about the position (very brief, no more than a minute) before talking about expected salary. Asked me about my salary expectations and immediately started arguing with me about it (more one-sided as I just did not know how to respond to that kind of aggression so quickly).

Recruiter then said some strange words mildly related to software engineering to argue their case against my expectations but obviously had little to no sources regarding the material (also explicitly admitted to this).

"Asked" for a specific number regarding salary and just tried their darn hardest to continue selling their salary offerings right after I told them my MINIMUM requirements (should be important to note I was immediately interrupted after the recruiter heard the number).

After this I just checked out and let my customer service skills handle the lack of professionalism the recruiter had as best I could. I answered the remaining questions the recruiter had and the interview ended within 10 minutes.

By far the worst experience I ever had in any interview and I sincerely believe that it will remain one of the worst for years to come.

It is very clear to me that Xatorcorp's recruiting team is not up to modern expectations whatsoever, which is frightening to say at the least considering this is the first line of contact for prospective candidates. From my extremely short experience with Xatorcorp and the other reviews I have read, I will say that I should have seen this coming.

My recommendation - if you're desperate for experience and willing to put up with what the other reviewers have said, obviously go ahead with this company. Otherwise, just forget it and explore your other options.

Interview Questions

• What are you your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Xator (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. The questions pertained to the specific jobs that were applicable to my resume.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter inquired and asked about my resume, how many years experience I have in the intelligence field and if I was available for a second interview.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied for a job with Xator online, and then was contacted by a recruiter from the company, asking me to schedule a phone call for the next day, or the following Monday. I asked if she was available the following morning at a specific time, (via email), to which she never responed. The next morning, I waited 20 minutes past the time I had mentioned, and sent her an email asking if a better time worked for her... no response. I went about the rest of my day, rather annoyed that I had rearranged my morning for nothing. That night, she emailed me, apologized, and asked if we could reschedule for the same time the following Monday morning, to which I agreed. This morning, I prepared for the call at the time we had agreed on, but no call came. After 30 minutes, I went about my morning, frustrated that she had failed to call again. She finally called me 1 hour after the time we had agreed upon, by which time I had started some other projects that needed to be completed that day. She asked if we could reschedule the call again, to which I replied that I was no longer interested, citing some of the research I had done on Glassdoor about Xator. Before I could mention (in a polite way) that her behavior was not very professional either, she claimed that Xator has excellent reviews, and that those Glassdoor reviews aren't true. She then promptly hung up on me. The whole process was marked by a lack of both communication and professionalism, and I would not recommend this company to anyone. Their reviews on Glassdoor are mostly negative, and I found that my experience was as well.

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Xator (Destin, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring of veterans with security clearances. I applied and heard nothing for several months but then was called and offered and interview and hired on the spot for this temporary contract work. Interview was with the CEO and contract manager. Everything was very informal and relaxed. They are looking for individuals with security clearances for a majority of their contract work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation...set hourly wage.

Drafter Interview

Application

The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Xator in April 2014.

Interview

Was called by a head hunter and scheduled for an interview not long after I applied on line. Went for an interview with the head drafter in the firm in the Virginia office. Questions were easy, and I was totally qualified for the position. I was told there would be travel to different parts of the world and that it was not really that bad. I had to get security clearance and was told it would take a while, but I would get temporary clearance to work in the office sooner. Upon leaving I shook the interviewers hand and he said he wouldn't give me a business card because he "didn't like candidates calling him if he didn't recommend them for the job". (how professional I thought) This was in April.

After the interview I was told by the recruiter that I'd hear back from them in a few days.Then nothing….so I assumed they just weren't interested. Two and a half months passed and out of the blue, they made me an offer. They mailed me paperwork to sign and gave me two days to decide to accept the offer. I accepted and was transferred to an FSO person who sent me all the paperwork to fill out for my clearance. She asked me to get it back to her as soon as I could so I broke my neck getting it all completed in a week. She was difficult to work with and was annoyed anytime I had questions. She would tell me she mailed things to me like fingerprint cards and then they would never arrive. She gave me wrong information etc…never any apologies. When I mailed everything in, she basically said nothing. I had to call HR to find out what to expect, and was told he really didn't know how long it would take. This was in July.

I went for my top secret clearance interview sometime over the summer and there was confusion with the paperwork. The agent told me the FSO gave me the wrong information on how to fill out some of the papers and it was holding things up. She was confused why I didn't already have temporary clearance to start working and why they were making me wait so long to start working.

The process was taking forever, and finally in November I get a call from the HR representative and tells me they want me to start next week. Of course, I told him I have other obligations and he's all upset. (I had another job) I finally get them to agree on a start date two weeks later when they send me additional paperwork and tell me they are now just starting my temporary clearance. WHAAAT? They have me fill out all these forms and one of them is this risk agreement that basically outlined every and any way I could be injured in traveling to dangerous countries and that I am accepting all of the risk if I am injured. Hmmmm…seems like this is something I should have received months ago BEFORE we wasted all this time on background checks. Meanwhile an automated system was sending me reminders that I have paperwork to complete like every two hours. The whole thing was starting to really give me a bad feeling and I turned down the job.

A month later, a friend tells me the agents working on my clearance were trying to set up an interview to talk to her. I had her tell them to call me. Apparently the FSO never bothered to inform them to stop the review process. I know I made a good choice turning down the job. The place seemed completely unorganized and unfriendly.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easy. I was asked what an Xref was and what an associative block was.   Answer Question

Company was too unorganized getting me started. The process took too long when they could have gotten me in to work much sooner than they did. I felt like they were playing games keeping me on the hook which left me with a bad feeling about their integrity.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xator (Alexandria, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very simple, and straight forward. I had experience with the equipment and system the company works on, therefore I was a good candidate for what they are seeking. If you do not have much experience, they are willing

Interview Questions

• All questions were basic, and straight forward. Just have an idea of what you're worth when negotiations come with for your salary.   Answer Question

Senior CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xator (Alexandria, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was great. I was really looking forward to working alongside the individuals with whom I interviewed, but when I started, I sat around during the "training" for almost a month.

GEOINT Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wright Patterson AFB, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Xator (Wright Patterson AFB, OH) in April 2019.

Interview

The footprint in Dayton is fairly small with no physical office here. Most of the interviews were done over the phone with the final one over a cup of coffee with the on-site manager. The experience is one that was more pleasant than I've had in the past with NASIC based employers.

Interview Questions

• "I've noticed that you have bounced around a lot since leaving active duty. Tell me, how does a meteorologist become a GEOINT SME?"   1 Answer